+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by ByteBabe
    A comment on the idea of the tail-section folks resorting to cannibalism:

They started out as a group of 23 in the tail-section. Having their numbers dwindle down to 4(?) or whatever small number they are now would be a very fast mortality rate for the time period they have been on the island. This quick rate must be due to death/injury (by the Others or the monster?) or illness, and NOT due to the tail-section survivors killing each other off for food source.

Just my cents worth
    Of course, you have to ration your food supply. They'd be keeping some of the other survivors around if they planned to eat them later. Perhaps they are in another hole somewhere. (I'm so kidding, by the way).

Sawyer is growing on me. I love how he is such the big and strong Heathcliffian antihero and, yet, he comes off with so many comments that make me laugh (ie "What are you going to do? Splash me?" etc.)
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Did anybody else hear them talking about the sickness at the end of the preview for next week?? I thought I heard them say something about it and I also thought I saw a body with a stake in it. I'll have to look again to make sure.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz

I agree with an earlier post by Justafan - the show still raises more questions than answers each week and while that's a good thing during, say, one season, at what point do you go back and answer everything raised from the first season before everyone forgets and loses interest? All those posts last year about what is the 'monster' on the island - has there even been one post in the season two thread about that? That was a huge topic of discussion last season, how can it just get tossed aside? Why does that 'thing' now seem to be the least of the survivors problems and never threatens them anymore? I have friends who started watching this season, without watching any previous episodes from last year - they are completely unaware of that whole storyline. Somehow, that just doesn't seem right, to me.
    i think this comes back next episode because on the canadian preview for next week the "monster" or some sort of black cloud like the one that caught locke is after Jin.

I was wondering if the producers had nixed the "monster" story altogether.

As far as the 23 people dwindling down from that other group, I"m wondering if some of them got sick and died or they got sick and have now turned into the "crazy others". Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be interesting.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane

And Mozzz, I'd never hit the button. I figure that if that's the only way I could be kept alive, I'd rather die than be a slave to the computer (although given that I'm on the computer all the time checking this board, maybe I already AM a slave to it)....
    Probably the writers nod to all of us who obsess over this show on the computer bulletin boards and forums. We are ALWAYS pressing the damn button to get more Lost info!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am not sure to what effect spoilers are allowed on the board that related to cast changes and I don't want to step on any toes. I do know who is leaving the show though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I was thinking about this too - that Hurley doesn't know Walt is missing!

Considering that Walt is "special", maybe Walt was sending a subliminal message to Hurley. What a cool detail that was.

On another subject, I think they have emphasized that Apollo bar too much for it to just be a throwaway.
    Apollo bars were real candy bars, it wasn't made up for the show
    Hmm. I have this dream. I'm driving a bus. And my teeth start falling out. My mum is in the back. Eating biscuits. Everything smells of bacon. It's weird. 'Course then I wake up screaming.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I am not sure to what effect spoilers are allowed on the board that related to cast changes and I don't want to step on any toes. I do know who is leaving the show though.
    Post it, jluvs! As long as it is in spoiler tags it is fine.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    just use spoiler quotes:

[ SPOILER]blah blah[ /SPOILER]

except with no spaces

then it becomes
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Blah Blah

tada! hehe

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Regarding the monster:

One possible reason as to why the monster hasn't reared its ugly head this season might be because now the survivors are in the hatch. Maybe Desmond was doing other things in the hatch, intentional or not, that caused the monster to appear. It could be anything, even something as simple as turning the record player on. If I'm right (which I'm probably not, but who cares, its fun to speculate!), then the next appearance of the monster would be when one of the survivors either presses the wrong button/switch, and the monster starts chasing some of the people on in the forest at the time.

+ Reply to Thread