+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Also, the guy in the chicken suit wasn't Hurley's friend Johnny. It was the Indian guy who pointed Hurley out to the news crew saying "That's him! That's the guy who bought the winning ticket!"
    Didn't you love his eyes blinking in time with the alarm countdown?

Wow, is 12 a record number of thread viewers at one time? Guess not, now it's 13!!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-13-2005 at 11:30 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxFisher
    I don't think it is the Others AL's group is worried about, I think it is the other survivors from their group. I think they got sick, the way the French Woman's group got sick and I think they are killing each other. Why would they need a cage for the Others. And would they even be able to capture one of the Others? They have sticks, we saw that the Others had guns and a bomb. Maybe the magnetic room in the hatch is what is keeping Jack's group from getting sick.

Did anyone else notice Walt on the milk carton that Hurley was drinking from? How would Hurley know that Walt was missing? Obviosly more than a dream
    I was thinking the pit might be their own crude quarantine. Keep an infected person there until they either get better or die. It would make sense to toss our boys in there until it could be determined if they are sick (they must have suspected, too, that they could be Others, AL had no idea that they were from the plane) .
    If that is the case, AL was mighty brave to let herself get lowered into the pit.
    I wonder if she got sick and survived it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    Did anyone notice as Hurley and Johnny were leaving the convenience store, there was a blonde girl walking behind them who seemed to be following them. She looked familiar, but it appeared as if her face was blurred out.

I'm wondering if she is one of our survivors. Am I imagining this?

YESSSSSSSSS I did notice that too!! I am wondering if it is the new survivor that Michael introduced himself to on the jungle hike.

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    Good theories!

I know they are saying when it happened may be important. I couldn't have been the too distant past ... just thinking of Walt's game boy in the airport. And certainly if it is the future it can't be too far as well - I didn't notice any "new" technology in any of the flashbacks.

Anyone else have further thoughts on this?
    You're right about the Gameboy being quite modern. Also Shannon knew of the Finding Nemo movie. And it can't be in the future: the Red Sox hadn't won the World Series yet. I think Lindelof is blowing smoke up our butts.

And I really hope Karma does some bad shite to whoever robbed Josh Holloway.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Just to illustrate how addictive this show is, my 11 year old wants me to share his theory: The DeGroots began this experiment with a big team of scientists. A lot of them quit, gave up and left the island. Only the DeGroots and a few die hard holdouts are left. They are the Others. They are all batty, refuse to give up on their experiments and don't care who they hurt for the sake of science. (I took that to mean proving their hypothesis - he may not get it that at least some of them are psychologists ).

OK, no more from the peanut gallery, I promise.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Well, Justafan1: it's you and me, Babe. I tuned out this whole episode; I felt that Hurley handed me a big ol' bag of styrofoam pellets to chew on instead of some tasty food.

I feel that compared to last year, this show DID drag; when I'm talking during the show to my friends, than it didn't catch me. But, I respect that others really enjoyed what they saw and were touched by it. It just escaped me this week, don't know why.
    This season sure feels different than the first. I think there's too much dialogue now. Seems like during the first season, what was not being said during so many scenes was more important than what is being said this season. For some reason, it added to the mystery when the survivors didn't know each other so well, and thus in many situations, they were silent when reacting or interacting - their expressions and actions setting the mood.

I agree with an earlier post by Justafan - the show still raises more questions than answers each week and while that's a good thing during, say, one season, at what point do you go back and answer everything raised from the first season before everyone forgets and loses interest? All those posts last year about what is the 'monster' on the island - has there even been one post in the season two thread about that? That was a huge topic of discussion last season, how can it just get tossed aside? Why does that 'thing' now seem to be the least of the survivors problems and never threatens them anymore? I have friends who started watching this season, without watching any previous episodes from last year - they are completely unaware of that whole storyline. Somehow, that just doesn't seem right, to me.

I felt like there were less clues to look for this week: (the picture of Walt on the milk carton during Hugo's dream? hardly significant) (a new Dharma logo? not unexpected since we were told in the orientation film about each of the stations set up on the island) (why there used to be 23 survivors - okay, I'll admit, that got my attention) (and why those survivors already had a pit made to hold captives)

I've only appreciated one backstory this season - Jack interacting with Desmond - during the rest my attention started waning. I find myself during episodes hoping they won't cut away from the story for a flashback, feels like there are too many now.

FORT Fogey
    What do people want short of them revealing the whole damn thing? Think about where we were last season and where we are now. There has been a significant amount of movement.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    You're right about the Gameboy being quite modern. Also Shannon knew of the Finding Nemo movie. And it can't be in the future: the Red Sox hadn't won the World Series yet. I think Lindelof is blowing smoke up our butts.
    VERY good point about the Red Sox, Q. You truly are amazing!!

Maggie Grace was on The View today and I missed it. Anyone know if she said anything new?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    Maggie Grace was on The View today and I missed it. Anyone know if she said anything new?
    She talked briefly about Josh being robbed and she was mainly there to talk about her new movie "The Fog"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread