+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

The hot chick from the Music store was in the Mighty Ducks movies and Queen of the Damned. I can't wait to see what happened to her!

Glad to see we are moving on to the other characters, I felt like I was watching the Jack, Kate and Locke show. Nice to finally see the other "main" characters.

I heard on one of the forums that the other survivors were being picked off by the others. Don't know if that's true or not, but makes sense.

Lost plays again on Sat 8:00pm in my part of PA. I'll have to go looking for all of the things mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    Yeah, but raised in PA. There was an article about him last year in a local paper datelined Allentown/Scranton/Wilkes-Barre I think
    Did you get a chance to read the article, psucashcow? He's been in so many shows that I'm assuming it was ONLY because of LOST that the article came out now. Lucky you if you got a chance to read about him; Daniel is one of my favorite characters on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    Glad to see we are moving on to the other characters, I felt like I was watching the Jack, Kate and Locke show. Nice to finally see the other "main" characters.
    I'm with you on this one, kimrs. If the castaways and producers kept insisting that there were 43 survivors...show them, darn it! I love Rose's character and her rocklike belief that her beloved Bernard was still alive. And her reaction to Hurley, when she was washing the clothes just made me adore her even more. As she said, "If there's nothing in the hatch that can help her with the laundry (task at hand), she wasn't interested." It's that Salt of the Earth philosophy of hers that has me admiring her so much. I'd like to have Rose as a friend of mine, in real life.

I'm looking forward to the addition of more story lines. I'm tired of the triangle between the Golden Three: Jack, Kate, and Sawyer, and want the cast to branch out more. If I have to have a score card to keep track, so be it. I did it for ER, The West Wing and other ensemble casts; I can do it for LOST, too.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    Yes, his names is Hugo Reyes. He mentioned that Hurley is a nickname, but he wouldn't say how he got it.
    yeah, and last year I made a lengthy post about his name and a danish philosopher named Hugo.

Go find it, if you're interested...

it was after Hurley's backstory show, near the end of the season.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 10-13-2005 at 09:34 AM.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Libby was played by Cynthia M. Watros, who was on "Titus" and "The Drew Carey Show".
    I recognized her, but Bernard was on some show too.

looking now......

okay: I'm embarrassed to say..... I recognized him from "Married to the Kellys"- he played Bill Kelly

other TV shows:
    "Perfect Strangers" (1986) TV Series .... Mr. Sam Gorpley (1987-1992)
    "Growing Pains" (1985) TV Series .... Mr. Dewitt (1986-1991)

and interestingly:
    "The Stand" (1994) (mini) TV Series .... Whitney Horgan
    ... aka Stephen King's The Stand

Vote for Hurley and Rose - leaders of Lostaway Island.
    I wish Rose were my next-door neighbor.

Qboots, you are ruler of the forum! You are right about the stock ownership - Hurley has a financial advisor who handles his money and investments. He doesn't even know what-all he owns.

Jack sounded like such a baby when Hurley brought Rose into the bunker. Talk about it later in private, jerk!

Karen14 - Like your take on the teddy bear/Alex connection.

Is it significant that Rose had never heard of Apollo Bars? I remember Space Sticks from that era - seemed like every new product had an astronaut theme back then.

Ana Lucia (furthermore abbreviated to AL) let Michael talk, but not Sawyer - she liiiikes him, she really, really liiiikes him (Sawyer, not Michael). Her snottiness is a little over the top, now that she know they are from the plane.

The tailgaters will be mighty p.o.'d when they get to camp and see the empty peanut butter jars and potato chip bags!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fan
    Does anyone remember a reference that Hurley and Locke lived in the same town? Just wondering if the boss moved to a different city ...

I agree with the poster who thought AL is over the top. They know they are survivors why treat them like prisoners still? Maybe they are just really scared because of the others and are being very cautious. But if that is the case why bring them to their bunker?

Loved Bernard. I can't wait till they reunite. I'm really hoping they don't let them reunite just to kill one of them off. That would be cruel ... or worse yet kill one of them BEFORE the reunion.

I feel a bit cheated on the backstory again. Seems like we aren't really getting new, meaty info. Still love the show!

I think that this group has had to find their food amongst themselves. They did say there was 23 of them right.? Anyone see " ALIVE"
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Mmmm....this just in.

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rdharma7kn.jpg

Another new Dharma symbol, this one looking like a arrow or tower. So...so far, we have, what, three different ones? The Swan, the one on the shark, and this new one? Hmmmm....."remembers back to Desmond's mural, looks at the arrow, looks back at new symbol...gasps."

In the preview that I saw, Mike & Co. were told not to go a certain way into the jungle because that's where they come from. I think this ties in to what we've already discussed, that this group of survivors have had run-ins with "the others" - apparently some deadly ones (unless they're capturing folks and not necessarily killing them?) - which explains why they were so hostile and suspicious towards our 3 Amigos
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

I don't think it is the Others AL's group is worried about, I think it is the other survivors from their group. I think they got sick, the way the French Woman's group got sick and I think they are killing each other. Why would they need a cage for the Others. And would they even be able to capture one of the Others? They have sticks, we saw that the Others had guns and a bomb. Maybe the magnetic room in the hatch is what is keeping Jack's group from getting sick.

Did anyone else notice Walt on the milk carton that Hurley was drinking from? How would Hurley know that Walt was missing? Obviosly more than a dream
    Hmm. I have this dream. I'm driving a bus. And my teeth start falling out. My mum is in the back. Eating biscuits. Everything smells of bacon. It's weird. 'Course then I wake up screaming.

+ Reply to Thread