+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    I don't like her either!
    i don't mind her

Do we get to see backstories of the new survivors ?

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    WOW that was a great episode!

I love how Hurley still ended up being the good guy in the end. We need him as the comic relief, so it really wouldn't work if everyone hated him!! I still can't understand what his first name is - didn't his mother call him Hugo, too?

QBoots - you are AMAZING! How did you pick up that Hurley's boss was also Locke's boss? I certainly can't maintain that many "minor" characters in my brain. But here's my question - if Hurley ends up owning the box company (although I suppose he owns it at a distance, without a lot of hands-on?) how could he possibly allow Randy to be employed, especially in a management position?

Oh I'm so excited by this episode!! They're doing such a good job!

Sugar coated with a bite lemon_drop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    i don't mind her

Do we get to see backstories of the new survivors ?
    I read an interview with some kind of producer, writer or creator stating that we will eventually get the backstories of the other survivors too
    Last edited by lemon_drop; 10-12-2005 at 10:17 PM.
    "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past once more?"

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Ok, it was a great episode but gave us AGAIN many new questions and almost NO answers.

it is a tv show - the are answers every week

So....I hope everyone's having a cluck-cluck-cluckity day today!
    Last edited by Twiddler; 10-12-2005 at 10:40 PM.

Ok, it was a great episode but gave us AGAIN many new questions and almost NO answers.
    I think we're getting answers all the time - sure, there are more questions being created, but that's what keeps it intriguing. We know what's in the hatch and that someone was controlling it - that's a HUGE answer. I keep thinking to myself that Lost does more before the opening credits than many shows do in an entire hour. I think I'd be disappointed if they were revealing too much too quickly. I think they're walking that tightrope really well.

Much better...and it pains me to even whisper this...than Alias.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Maybe Locke's boss was fired beforehand?

To me, it seemed like Hugo's winning happened a few years before we saw Locke at his work. I remember Hugo saying he won $114 million, and since he said he was WORTH $156 mil, that means he made investments that paid off, which would take time. So it makes sense that Hugo's old boss would advance his own career, and the irony is that now he would be working FOR Hugo. Hugo would have loved that.

Wow, I just realized I'm calling Hurley by his real name! I'm turning into Locke!

Canada Champ, that makes sense. Just niggles me that Hurley would give him a job. But as you say, it is divine justice that he would end up working FOR him. And I'm sure Hurley wouldn't have had day-to-day contact with someone that far down the command chain.

ETA - By the way, does anyone know who the blonde from the tail section of the plane was? She is really familiar looking but I can't place her.
    Last edited by tigergirl; 10-12-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Somehow I get the feeling that the writers are walking a very thin line here. I mean any more mysteries WITHOUT any answers and (I can't believe I'm saying this!) the show will be dragging too much.

Ok, I need cofee, more coffee...
    Well, Justafan1: it's you and me, Babe. I tuned out this whole episode; I felt that Hurley handed me a big ol' bag of styrofoam pellets to chew on instead of some tasty food.

I feel that compared to last year, this show DID drag; when I'm talking during the show to my friends, than it didn't catch me. But, I respect that others really enjoyed what they saw and were touched by it. It just escaped me this week, don't know why.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    QBoots - you are AMAZING! How did you pick up that Hurley's boss was also Locke's boss? I certainly can't maintain that many "minor" characters in my brain.
    Well.......I take a lot of notes. I do a bit of homework before each episode. TV.com and IMDb usually have a cast list for each show. When I saw "Billy Ray Gallion as Randy", it sounded familiar. I checked back through my notes, and sure enough - he was Locke's boss. I wasn't sure how he'd figure into tonight's show though, since I knew it would be Hurley-centric, not Locke-centric.

I also knew Bernard would be white, since the actor (Sam Anderson) is a character actor who has guested on just about every TV show that's ever been on. But I don't post that kind of stuff beforehand since I don't want to ruin anyone's viewing of the show.

But here's my question - if Hurley ends up owning the box company (although I suppose he owns it at a distance, without a lot of hands-on?) how could he possibly allow Randy to be employed, especially in a management position?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Maybe Locke's boss was fired beforehand?
    Other way around. Hurley won the lottery about a year before the plane crash. Randy was Locke's boss directly before the plane crash. So sometime in that year, Randy got a better job - at Locke's box company. Hurley owns a lot of stocks. I believe he's the major shareholder in the box company but has probably never even been there. Too bad, he could have made Randy's life miserable.

By the way, does anyone know who the blonde from the tail section of the plane was? She is really familiar looking but I can't place her.
    Libby was played by Cynthia M. Watros, who was on "Titus" and "The Drew Carey Show".
    Last edited by Qboots; 10-12-2005 at 10:51 PM. Reason: my spelling sucks tonight
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread