+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Even the "others" had a pretty good arsenol on the boat, and that's on the water, can you imagine what they have on the island. It didn't just come out of nowhere, let's hope not anyways. I don't think i'd like the story going in that direction.

I have no idea... does anyone have any theorys on this?

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Oooh, that's the two I don't want to miss.

I'm sorry Hepcat but I do believe that Naveen is MY man. He may not know it yet, but if ever he grows weary of Barbara Hershey and wants a change of pace I'm here waiting. You will have to stand in line behind me

Loved the LostLinks 12 step program!!! I find myself asking co-workers "what did you watch last night" just so I can interrupt them to tell them about Lost! Addiction is a terrible thing. I have never been this worked up over a show in my life!!!

I also had wondered about the whole Magnetic field vs Locke's paralasis? Still working on that one.

Sorry, had to discuss this paralyzed thing before I finished my train of thought. For what its worth...IF there is a legitimate answer for everything, then Locke's paralysis wouldn't have been affected by any magnetic field. Contrary, if he had not been paralyzed too long (do we have a time frame on that? 6 monthes at least from "Helen's" calls) then the impact could have cured him. Any compression on the nerve (i.e. buldging disk) would cause lower extremities to become disfunctional. If, for example, he was in a car accident, this could have compressed the nerves. Normally a routine procedure could alleviate this problem if it were found in enough time. In addition if there was some reason why person could not be operated on (unstable vitals, diabetes, heart problems) then problem of paralysis would remain due to the inablity to operate on the patient. Locke may have been unstable for many reasons, which would have prohibited an operation. However the impact of the crash could have dislodged the tumor, buldge, compression and given him his legs back.

Hey I may still be waiting for my hubby to tell me what the vaccinations Desmond injected were, but at least I got this answer...theres got to be some benefit of being a doctors wife and a lost Junkie.

In addition if there was some reason why person could not be operated on (unstable vitals, diabetes, heart problems) then problem of paralysis would remain due to the inablity to operate on the patient. Locke may have been unstable for many reasons, which would have prohibited an operation. However the impact of the crash could have dislodged the tumor, buldge, compression and given him his legs back.
    The fact that Locke only has one kidney would definitely make any surgery more risky for him...
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by Fort_Fan
    Any Spoilers or at least a description of tommorow's episode?
    OK, here it is - but do not read unless you really do want to be spoiled!
    Mystery revealed why Jin speaks english
    Click to see Spoiler:
    After going back into the hatch, Hurley starts eating, and eating - makes himself sick. He then hallucinates Jin and some Mr Chicken dude in the hatch with him, and Jin speaks english. Disappointing for me, hope you are OK with this.

Sorry I hate editing to add something new, but here is what Walt really said at least according to producer Carleton Cuse
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "Push the button. Don't push the button. Bad"

link to spoiler article:
    http://www.livejournal.com/community...ly/109566.html
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 10-12-2005 at 02:25 AM.

Many posts and many pages ago, lots of posters HERE said that they "wouldn't have pushed the button." I fall into the John Locke catagory and would have most certainly pushed the button, knowing that there's at least 40+ other people who can now carry the load.

For those of you who also would have pushed the button, there's an interesting Science experiment going on at blackrock.nl. That site owner created their OWN counter, from 108, just to see if it would go down to zero. It's been running now since the 8th of October and over 750 people have reset the counter!!! It's never made it to zero, yet! I've logged the numbers in at least three times since finding the site. If you go over there, you have to remember to leave spaces BETWEEN the numbers; the first time I did it, I just ran all the numbers together and nothing happened and I began to feel a little worried...like I was going to cause ultimate doom to someone. So, feed your inner paranoia and if you want to be a more active part of LOST, execute the NUMBERS!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Ya know....I've been thinking.....the flashbacks so far this season haven't really given us much in the way of answers, right? Well....maybe sometime this season, there will be a flashback that connects all of them.....makes us have to look back at them again for the signs we missed.

Just caught Naveen Andrews on Ellen this morning. They showed a clip from the show I have not seen yet where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he is trying to dig around the wall with the magnet in it, inside the bunker. He's using a titanium shovel, and does not know it is a magnet. Jack walks up, shows him the key being attracted to the magnet, and Naveen decides that the only way through the wall is in a duct that runs underneath it. He pulls open the vent on the ground that leads into this duct. Also, Naveen talks about a scene with him and Shannon where they finally have sex, the first sex shown on the Island. He does not know how much will make it to air, but he was naked during it's filming.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread