+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Thanks, Lambikins - I love this forum for all the people from all walks of life who bring their expertise to the party.

Hepcat - I can always count on you to keep me straight. Thanks for the link - leads to more lots-o-fun links; By the way, did you ever read the whole Flash comic book? Many oblique references in it.

Regarding the ending making us happy - they can't make everyone happy. I read that the whole "Ardzt exploding" story arc was added to the show because there were viewers complaining that the survivors were divided into the "cool" and "the rest of them" categories (like high school). So the high school teacher verbalizes the complaint and then explodes. A figurative "in your face" from the writers to the complainers.

My hope is that they will stick to the story framework and end it when the time is right. No degrading the quality of the show by dragging it out because the ratings are still good. As Alton Brown says: "Time's up, walk away".
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fan
    I don't think I've seen anyone else post this, but does anyone think it is possible that the electromagnetic stuff that is happening on this island could be responsible for Locke walking again?

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    I don't think I've seen anyone else post this, but does anyone think it is possible that the electromagnetic stuff that is happening on this island could be responsible for Locke walking again?

That same thought crossed my mind. And strong Philadelphia Experiment undertones keep coming thru to me as well. But with this show, I'll say a theory one minute then the next be like, ummmm, no, that doesn't work. LOL, I've resigned myself to stop trying to figure it out anymore and just watch.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Is there anyone that can sum up for me the last three episodes? I missed the season permiere, recorded over the second episode, and then put the wrong time to record haha. It doesn't have to be in detail, just in a nutshell. Like Michelle Rodriquez is part of the cast now? Wow! For some reason, she looks like she should be part of the show. Thanks in advance! I promise myself to get it right this time haha!

Manjalteng: that's quite a big request! If you have alot time, I would suggest reading through this thread. If you don't, maybe check out Television Without Pity... I think they do actual recaps of the show, although they are a bit harsh.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
    About Locke suddenly being able to walk now that he's on the island: It's entirely possible that his paralysis was psychological (or psychosomatic), and whatever mental block he had crumbled in the face of surviving that horrific crash.

It is safe to assume that the paralysis wasn't a direct result of the kidney transplant surgery, and last we saw him in flashbacks, he was losing his (first?) true love AND was dealt another crushing blow by his blood father. He was already in some type of group therapy already... maybe this just made him snap.
    Last edited by totoro; 10-10-2005 at 08:18 PM.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by manjalteng
    Is there anyone that can sum up for me the last three episodes? I missed the season permiere, recorded over the second episode, and then put the wrong time to record haha. It doesn't have to be in detail, just in a nutshell. Like Michelle Rodriquez is part of the cast now? Wow! For some reason, she looks like she should be part of the show. Thanks in advance! I promise myself to get it right this time haha!
    tvtome.com
    and
    ABC's site has recaps as well

I hate to say it, but now I'm seeing this posted on Lost boards about the logo on the plane:
    This is from the "Designing a Disaster" documentary on the special features disc of the DVD set. They're showing how they went to a decommissioned plane graveyard to buy a Lockheed L-1011 for the pilot. This is after they bought the plane but before they gutted it and tore it apart to be shipped. Those octagons are all over the darn thing, and are just natural occurrences in the design of an airplane. I'm sure someone will say it's not the same thing because it's not in the same location in that one scene of Walt standing in front of scrap metal, but if you watch this documentary or look at any close-up pictures of airplanes like this, these things definitely are all over the place.

The documentary on how they made the pilot was fascinating. It's amazing the lengths they went to when you consider the time frame and that they were filming a pilot for a new show.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manjalteng
    This is as brief as I can put it: things happened.

OK, you want more? lol

There's a bunker in the hatch, with a man living in it, inputing the numbers into a computer every 108 minutes. The man is from Jack's past. Hatch man left the bunker, so now the survivors have to put in the numbers every 108 minutes. we dont know what will happen if they dont put them in.

Sawyer, Michael and Jin are being held captive on the other side of the island, by a group (possibly) led by Michelle's character.

Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I hate to say it, but now I'm seeing this posted on Lost boards about the logo on the plane:

The documentary on how they made the pilot was fascinating. It's amazing the lengths they went to when you consider the time frame and that they were filming a pilot for a new show.
    Oh....damn it...."cries and runs away"

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Yes, but that doesn't mean the logo isn't significant as far as the story line goes. I've read of other instances in which the writers used something that was already there -- like Jack's tattoos -- and wove them into the story. I could see them getting a plane with logos and saying, "Hey, those could be useful, let's put them in other places."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread