+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    Didn't someone say that was Ethan?
    I think we only hear his last name, Sullivan. It was in the episode where Hurley makes the golf course.

There's a Lost Wikipedia entry with lots of this type of detail: http://tviv.org/wiki/Lost
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    LAMBKINS....

And I forget who corrected me about the whole Ethan thing, but thanks! I had been trying to figure out why they killed off Ethan when he didn't even abduct Claire. Now I recall the whole thing and of course it just gives me more questions, but at least I will stop wondering why they brought Ethan on only to kill him for no reason!

I guess I need to keep coming here everyday so that I can keep up on the theories. Seems like everytime I come up with something it had been discussed at length already .

The ley line thing was really interesting too Lambkins. I have read into different religions and know that there are some (Wiccan, Pagan among others) that have a strong belief in ley lines. So definately some food for thought....along with the feng shui.......the swan......

Hey...remember Lockes compass didn't point north last year??? I remember that I thought there was something up with that at that time, however wouldn't a magnetic feild make the compass go all over, not just stray from the north position? I thought Locke had pointed to the sun position and said that the compass wasnt' pointing north. I know magnetic fields mess with compasses obviously, but wouldn't a strong field make the compass go in circles? Or would it just point to the magnetic field wherever that was?
    Maybe Locke is a pirate??
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Maybe Locke is a pirate??
    For some reason Locke and the term 'getting his sea legs' seems to fit...

FORT Fan
    goin back to my posts from yesterday....i also found this picture:
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...girlfriend.jpg

Click to see Spoiler:
    now this looks more like the picture, you can see the definition in the area above the nose, that pointy shape. maybe the DeGrot's were to throw people off and she is really this person that crashed with Desmond. so much more information now

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    goin back to my posts from yesterday....i also found this picture:
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...girlfriend.jpg

Click to see Spoiler:
    now this looks more like the picture, you can see the definition in the area above the nose, that pointy shape. maybe the DeGrot's were to throw people off and she is really this person that crashed with Desmond. so much more information now
    Thanks for the link - some posts were saying she looked like Sarah. From that photo, she is definitely not. Now if we could see the Desmond photo next to a shot of "that DeGroot woman" from the training video. (better lighting, younger face) Any ideas on what is in the background on the Desmond photo?
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-10-2005 at 02:15 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm struggling with 2 big problems I have with Lost that I don't see a way out of.

- The first is longevity. How long can a series like this last? We can't have endless seasons with just a gazillion more questions and nothing ever answered, or can we? And then once the questions are answered isn't everything over?

- The second is the actual answers. For the life of me I can't figure out how they will have an ending/answer that comes close to meeting the expectations I have in my mind (and ones I have seen on this board!)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    Any spoilers on wednesday's episode?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I'm struggling with 2 big problems I have with Lost that I don't see a way out of.

- The first is longevity. How long can a series like this last? We can't have endless seasons with just a gazillion more questions and nothing ever answered, or can we? And then once the questions are answered isn't everything over?

- The second is the actual answers. For the life of me I can't figure out how they will have an ending/answer that comes close to meeting the expectations I have in my mind (and ones I have seen on this board!)
    yea i know what you mean. i've been thinking about how they will end it, like all the possibilities (experiment, dream, aliens, other side of hawaii, etc.) and i don't think either of those are going to make me happy at the end of it. it needs to be something NO ONE will have thought have to make everyone truly happy with the ending, but we have another 3-4 years until that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan

I agree, Bravo. I watched Twin Peaks when it was current on the air and it was so good at building suspense that when the solution was revealed, it was a huge letdown. The show continued for a bit but never got renewed. They were hinting at a deeper mystery but not knowing the whole story ahead of time really killed that show. Heck, the supernatural entity responsible was one of the crew they thought looked creepy and got a few shots of early on, then wrote him into the script.

And I agree about the answers, too. In some ways what they found down the hatch was cool, but in others...disappointing, because the possibilities are limited now.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    Question for you - Do you know if magnetic fields can be very concentrated in a very small (as in square feet/yards) area? I ask because of the whole scene with Jack's key. A magnetic area strong enough to do that would affect a computer processor; if one just happened to be nearby. Another reason I think the computer is fake (unless it is lead lined; or the magnet can be targeted; or the key just levitated; or.......ack ack ack).
    Actually, cricketeen, the magnetic forces can be from a couple of different source:

1) A naturally occuring "lodestone" that is located behind the wall, which is causing the fillings and key to be attracted to it.

2) A very, very strong electrical current which will drive ANY compass nuts. If there's a massive electrical source on the island (the "cable" for instance) it can cause the magnitism and be the reason why the compass won't work.

Until 1821, only one kind of magnetism was known, the one produced by iron magnets. Then a Danish scientist, Hans Christian Oersted, while demonstrating to friends the flow of an electric current in a wire, noticed that the current caused a nearby compass needle to move. The new phenomenon was studied in France by Andre-Marie Ampere, who concluded that the nature of magnetism was quite different from what everyone had believed. It was basically a force between electric currents: two parallel currents in the same direction attract, in oposite directions repel.

3) I can't believe that it's a strong magnetic force underground or any memory disks would be wiped clean. What I mean by this, is that it's only ONE spot that is highly magnetized; perhaps the cable is coming from that source and has been asked....just where does that cable go to in the ocean and what does it do? Is it a power source for yet another Dharma Station...underwater...to examine marine life? Is it a hidden station to watch and observe all the "zoo animals" (crash survivors) without being detected? That's one hellofa power cable to something....
    Last edited by lambikins; 10-10-2005 at 04:30 PM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread