+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Wow! That exact picture with Walt is on the Lost-Media site that does all the HD screencaps. It's definitely there, not added in later by someone on the internet.

I don't mean to be skeptical, but what I see is an octogon (right shape) but with unbroken lines, not quite like the logo. Definitely something is up with that in the picture, though.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wow! That exact picture with Walt is on the Lost-Media site that does all the HD screencaps. It's definitely there, not added in later by someone on the internet.

I don't mean to be skeptical, but what I see is an octogon (right shape) but with unbroken lines, not quite like the logo. Definitely something is up with that in the picture, though.
    "grins happily at finding something no one else on this forum had found yet then goes back to reading The Third Policeman and getting his firt "The Lost Files" article ready..."

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Right, you're right. But Ethan strung up Charlie, and furthermore, Charlie later said that all Ethan wanted was Claire. Not him. Charlie was the expendable one.

I was responding to Poutymouse saying "Much like Ethan came and was killed off way too easily, only to find out that it was not him after all who took Claire. " But it was Ethan who took Claire. I don't understand what she meant by this. Did I miss something?
    One of the few things that Claire remembers about the time she was kidnapped was scratching someone's arm. Danielle has scratches on her arm and Claire looked startled when she saw them so Claire at least thinks that Danielle had something to do with her disappearance and memory loss.

BTW: Another anagram for Alvar Hanso is naval hoars. Hoar means white coating. What that could have to do with anything, I sure don't know but I'm working on it.

ETA: I came up with one that makes more sense. An oval rash. Maybe that's one of the signs of the sickness although it sounds like ringworm to me and I didn't think that would kill you, just make you sick.
    Last edited by gracie; 10-10-2005 at 12:39 AM.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    It was at our local video store, but I've never heard of it before, so my guess is it was straight to video. It's called Easy and there's a picture of a girl sitting on her bed wrapped in a sheet. Good luck!

Edited to say - I just went to IMDB to look up the young woman who plays the lead in this movie because she was quite good (the imdb link for the movie is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379270/) and I saw in the list of her "Notable Guest Appearances" that she's scheduled to be on Lost this week! Funny coincidence...or is it a coincidence... doo doo doo doo...
    I actually saw the world premiere of this movie at the Toronto International Film Festival back in 2003! A real "indy" film. I quite enjoyed it at the time. But the fascinating thing is that now I've finally realized just why Naveen Andrews looked so familiar to me when Lost first aired..... I actually saw him at that premiere!!!! All of the cast was there and even answered questions after the premiere! I can't believe I didn't make that connection until now!!
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    ETA: I came up with one that makes more sense. An oval rash. Maybe that's one of the signs of the sickness although it sounds like ringworm to me and I didn't think that would kill you, just make you sick.
    I can totally see that. There was that guy that they played off as being a hypochondriac in the first season, and he would complain about a rash. It felt like a throwaway character at the time...

Riblit, that is so COOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    "grins happily at finding something no one else on this forum had found yet then goes back to reading The Third Policeman and getting his firt "The Lost Files" article ready..."
    Your report is due by 5:00 p.m.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

TWIDDLER: Incredible find! You deserve the symbol for THAT!

hepcat: You ol' gumshoe, you! You'd make a crack detective with your tough questions, always making sure the 'evidence' can make it to court! I haven't had this much fun examining episodes of a show since the Old Days of The Buffyverse, where the writers were a full season ahead of the fans with clues.

I know that the writers of LOST aren't going to be having the island as a symbol for Limbo or Pergatory, but I still would like to hold out hope. It sure would be one of the bolder moves that a series could go toward. That would explain just why Locke can walk and Jin could speak perfect English; once you're dead, supposedly, you're supposed to be made "whole" again from any infirmities.

But, I suppose that those details will also fall under the umbrella of The Dharma Group, in the end.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Your report is due by 5:00 p.m.
    "goes back to reading/taking notes, mumbling now about stupid deadlines."

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    TWIDDLER: Incredible find! You deserve the symbol for THAT!
    Oh, I'm just doing my job....it feels good, though, to have actually found/noticed something before even QBoots did.

Anyone see the commercials for this week's show? Looks like Sawyer is walking in a tunnel or hallway of some sort (as usual it is a very brief shot). I wonder if the other group is going 'down the hatch'.

Lambikins - you asked if anyone would be disappointed if this all turned out to be a dream or them being dead? I would, only because the powers that be have already stated that this would all have (to paraphrase) logical explanations and that the survivors do get off the island. I suppose you could say that fits in with a dream/death sequence, but, for me, it would be a cop-out. I've entertained the idea that the flashbacks aren't real; that the group are all hypnotized or have false memories implanted somehow, but I have dismissed it for the same reason.
    Question for you - Do you know if magnetic fields can be very concentrated in a very small (as in square feet/yards) area? I ask because of the whole scene with Jack's key. A magnetic area strong enough to do that would affect a computer processor; if one just happened to be nearby. Another reason I think the computer is fake (unless it is lead lined; or the magnet can be targeted; or the key just levitated; or.......ack ack ack).

Twiddler - Got that report ready yet???? Ha!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-10-2005 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Add to comment
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gracie

I can totally see that. There was that guy that they played off as being a hypochondriac in the first season, and he would complain about a rash. It felt like a throwaway character at the time...

Didn't someone say that was Ethan?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    Wow Twiddler - that's got all my little hairs standing up!

It makes me wonder...the creators of Lost put this pilot and show together on an extremely abbreviated schedule and couldn't have anticipated the reaction - ie all of us examining and analyzing every last little tiny detail. I wouldn't be arrogant enough to think they're not many steps ahead of us, but I do wonder if they expected viewers to discover things like the logo on the plane...and does that in any way make it harder for them to do whatever they're trying to do? Or is that what they were hoping for from the beginning, that we'd keep up with them like this?

Ok, it is clear from the preceding paragraph that it is absolutely time for me to go to bed. 'Nite all. See you soon!

Tiger
    Don't worry, your post made sense. With all the message boards and chat rooms devoted to t.v. shows, I'm pretty sure they were hopeful that there would be OCD's like us to examine every sentence and scene for meaning.... They do admit, however, that while they know where they want to end up, they don't have a detailed plan for getting there. Which makes it fun, don't you think?

+ Reply to Thread