+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Hey guys, I doubt any of you remember me, but I used to be CashMoneySoviet on the Last Comic Standing forums, an avid poster back then. I've been lurking here since about page 14 of this thread, and wow, you guys all have some great ideas, great thoeries, and great research

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Microtesia? That anything like a microtesla?
    Right you are, Amanda. It's a typo caused by too wee a laptop and too old of eyes.

By the way, the narrator of the film and the film itself mention that THIS dome is "called The Swan" and is #3 of 6. Since I can't tape the shows, was it mentioned if the other research domes, numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6, were also on the island?

This brings up a point for me: So far, all the people that we've met on the island (expecting possibly Ethan) have been brought there against their wills through false distress calls or boat/plane accidents.

None of the refugees knows where they are because as the pilot said, they were already 1000 miles off course when they crashed.

But....somebody not only knows where the island IS, but picked it out on purpose and has been there countless times....the Dharma Group! First, they had to find the island (by chance or intentions), then they had to survey it, go back with all the supplies, build the dome(s), stock them and then go back again with the subject who is supposed to press the button 540 times. That's a whole lot of 'back and forth-ness' for someone to NOT know about this island, from contractors, developers to pilots that would fly everyone to the place. Unless the mystery millionaire is SO wealthy that he has his own 'silent crew' of pilots and builders, who will never speak of the island, there's got to be common knowledge of the place by a small group of people.

Also, if this island is supposed to be a place for human experimentation, than perhaps the high magnetic field is a jamming device meant to cloak the island from being seen by satellites or radar.

Did I say I just LOVE conspiracies?!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Thanks for the pics xjeff99.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That's cool that she was in the Orientation film. I also read somewhere and saw pics side-by-side for comparison, that she is also the same woman in Desmond's picture.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Right you are, Amanda. It's a typo caused by too wee a laptop and too old of eyes.

By the way, the narrator of the film and the film itself mention that THIS dome is "called The Swan" and is #3 of 6. Since I can't tape the shows, was it mentioned if the other research domes, numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6, were also on the island?

This brings up a point for me: So far, all the people that we've met on the island (expecting possibly Ethan) have been brought there against their wills through false distress calls or boat/plane accidents.

None of the refugees knows where they are because as the pilot said, they were already 1000 miles off course when they crashed.

But....somebody not only knows where the island IS, but picked it out on purpose and has been there countless times....the Dharma Group! First, they had to find the island (by chance or intentions), then they had to survey it, go back with all the supplies, build the dome(s), stock them and then go back again with the subject who is supposed to press the button 540 times. That's a whole lot of 'back and forth-ness' for someone to NOT know about this island, from contractors, developers to pilots that would fly everyone to the place. Unless the mystery millionaire is SO wealthy that he has his own 'silent crew' of pilots and builders, who will never speak of the island, there's got to be common knowledge of the place by a small group of people.

Also, if this island is supposed to be a place for human experimentation, than perhaps the high magnetic field is a jamming device meant to cloak the island from being seen by satellites or radar.

Did I say I just LOVE conspiracies?!
    Since the site won't let me post a link, go to that HansoFoundation site and then in the active projects section, go right below he Hanso Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility. There is a hidden link to watch the video.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    To follow up on where Lambikins was going (by the way - wow!), here are two other swan things...

In Ted Andrews *Animal-Speak* book, the swan is about "Awakening the True Beauty and Power of the Self". He goes on to say that the neck of the swan is a bridge between the head (higher realms) and body (lower worlds). When working with the swan totem, you begin to realize your own beauty and your ability to move along the bridge between the two worlds. "It can show how to see the inner beauty within yourself or in others, regardless of outer appearances."

In the Animal *Medicine Cards* by Jamies Sams and David Carson, swan is about Grace. It tells a story that seems quite relevant here. I'm going to include it in quotes (if I'm breaking any rules, please someone let me know.)

"Little Swan flew through the Dreamtime, looking for the future. She rested for a moment in the coolness of the pond, looking for a way to find the entry point to the future. This was a moment of confusion for Swan, as she knew that she had happened into the Dreamtime by accident. This was her first flight alone and she was a bit concerned by the Dreamtime landscape.
    As Swan looked high above Sacred Mountain, she saw the biggest swirling black hole she had ever seen. Dragonfly came flying by, and Swan stopped him to ask about the black hole. Dragonfly said, "Swan, that is the doorway to the other planes of imagination. I have been guardian of the illusion for many, many moons. If you want to enter there, you would have to ask permission and earn the right."
    Swan was not so sure that she wanted to enter the black hole. She asked Dragonfly what was necessary for her to earn entry. Dragonfly replied, "You must be willing to accept whatever the future holds as it is presented, witout trying to change Great Spirit's plan." Swan looked at her ugly little duckling body and then answered, "I will be happy to abide by Great Spirit's plan. I won't fight the currents of the black hole. I will surrender to the flow of the spiral and trust what I am show." Dragonfly was very happy with Swan's answer and began to spin the magic to break the pond's illusion. Suddenly Swan was engulfed by a whirlpool in the center of the pond.
    Swan reappeared many days later, but now she was graceful and white and long-necked. Dragonfly was stunned! "Swan, what happened to you!" he exclaimed. Swan smiled and said, "Dragonfly, I learned to surrender my body to the power of the Great Spirit and was taken to where the future lives. I saw many wonders high on Sacred Mountain and because of my faith and my acceptance I have been changed. I have learned to accept the state of grace." "

I love this story! It touches on some of the concepts that seem to be behind the Dharma project, and it also seems like a strong parallel to the story of Locke.

Nice post, tigergirl, with so much to think about. I really enjoyed the story of Swan and her decision. And CMS: thanks for the link to hear the video.

QUESTION TO LOST FANS: IF THE SERIES ENDS UP TO BE A FALSE REALITY, I.E. IT'S A DREAM OR AN ALTERNATE REALITY.....WILL YOU BE DISAPPOINTED???

I ask this because each week as I watch LOST, I'm continually reminded of a Twilight Zone episode described below:

And When the Sky Was Opened
    Writer: Rod Serling, short story by Richard Matheson
    Director: Douglas Hayes

Three astronauts, returning from man's first space flight, cannot remember the events of their trip. Then they begin to disappear one by one.

CAST: Rod Taylor, James Hutton, Charles Aidman

This show has haunted me since I saw it as a kid and each time that the Sci-Fi channel has a Twilight Zone Marathon, I hope it shows.

But the premise is...ALL THE ASTRONAUTS ARE DEAD!... and it's through the unfolding of the show that they finally begin to realize that the strangeness of their circumstances culminate in their accepting their death.

With so many references from the Swan being concerned with 'death, crossing-over, breakind down the old for the new'...I'm seriously thinking that LOST is a 2-3 year Twilight episode. If it turns out that the Island is Limbo, that inbetween space for souls to go, I won't be disappointed at all. I mean, after all, Jack's dead dad had NO problem reappearing, and his body is now gone. Animals that shouldn't be on the island can manifest themselves and Walt can send himself, across the miles, for Shannon to see and hear.

From MEDIUM, THE SIXTH SENSE, and (sigh) THE GHOST WHISPERER (sigh)...we're shown over and over again spirits that can't cross over or don't want to cross over or don't know that they are dead. The growing struggle between Locke (representing FAITH, HEART AND BELIEF IN THE UNKNOWN) and Jack (representing SELF-DOUBT, SCIENCE AND LACK OF FAITH) is facinating to me; Jack's refusal to have a 'leap of faith' until the very last second possible reminds me of so much of modern day society. We can believe that invisible "micro waves" can magically cook food; we can believe that a tiny 2" x 3" device called a cell phone can "magically" make contact with others around the globe but he can't believe in "fate or faith or divine intervention". It's often joked that there's "no such thing as an aethist in an airplane crash." Well, Jack proves that wrong but he still seems like one of the angrier and more resentful survivors that we routinely watch. "Oh ye, of little faith, Jack."
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Thanks for the pics xjeff99.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That's cool that she was in the Orientation film. I also read somewhere and saw pics side-by-side for comparison, that she is also the same woman in Desmond's picture.
    wow that would open the doors to SO much more especially if they
    Click to see Spoiler:
    find desmond again on the island and find out more info from him, about his personal life and see how he met her

Thought it would be interesting to run Dharma through Google.

Meaning: Protection

"Dharma" means "protection". By practising Buddha's teachings we protect ourself from suffering and problems. All the problems we experience during daily life originate in ignorance, and the method for eliminating ignorance is to practise Dharma.

http://nmazca.com/dharma/108wheels.htm
    (A weird website that I have no clue what it is doing or why...but I got it by keywords: 108 Dharma

A few questions (since I don't have TIVO nor tape the episodes. Has anyone compared the people with Ana Lucia from the tail section to see if they match maybe some of the people on the film?

Could the shark with the Logo on its tail be another sector experiment? (Swan sector, Shark sector, etc)

And last, here is another link to another darma website:
    http://www.dharmaindustries.com/
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by LG.

Wonder how soon the Others will meet up with the Survivors, then face off with camps on opposites sides of the Island. As soon as I see Jeff Probst show up with new buffs for each group, I'm outta here.
    I love the bit about Probst. You gave me a good laugh which is good because after last Wednedsday's show I felt even more "Lost" and confused. This reminds me of Bob Newhart when he show was cancelled and he woke up from a dream and the show set in the hotel was all a dream. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    A few questions (since I don't have TIVO nor tape the episodes. Has anyone compared the people with Ana Lucia from the tail section to see if they match maybe some of the people on the film?

My tv section in this weeks paper has an article on Michelle Rodriguez. She says that Ana Lucia is "a cornered animal, a total warrior: a fighter, take it down matter-of-fact all about survival". She says her character is living with another group of people on the island who "don't have the amenities that the people in Jack's group do, so they are constantly fighting for survival" She then says there will be a connection between the Ana Lucia we met in the airport (feminine and flirtatious) and the fighter survivalist she has become when she finally meets Jack, because "that's the only person she will recognize from the plane". She says she has no idea what that will be like. I assume that means she and her group are definitely from the plane.

I have to laugh, because Sawyer is always coming on to Kate when she acts tough, but next to the Ana Lucia I saw in last night's preview, Kate is a cream puff! Sawyer needs to be careful what he wishes for!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-09-2005 at 05:14 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread