+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    I'm sorry, I got too finger happy and didn't type what I was trying to! 108 is written in the bunker and the amount of time between button pushes. When you add Hurley's numbers up they equal 108...I thought this had been established and well known, but perhaps not. Anyway when you multiply 108 by 5 thus comes 540.
    good findindings.. too bad we knew it already for like 3 weeks... lol no hard feelings....

good find though!

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    When you add Hurley's numbers up they equal 108...I thought this had been established and well known, but perhaps not. Anyway when you multiply 108 by 5 thus comes 540.
    But did you also consider what you get when you DIVIDE 540 by 5?
    LOL! Have you not read the last 13 messages before you posted?

Just funnin' with ya ... It had indeed been established and well known and oft-repeated.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I am sorry when I write about things that may have been discussed. It seems like it takes one hour to go through just one days' worth of posts. I was questioning "the turn of the screw" yesterday and finally found the prior posts. So the Turn of the Screw was about a family living in an old mansion and the boy seeing a ghost, as opposed to "the others" in which the family lived in an old mansion and saw humans. Seems like there should be some connection there.

I used to (before children) read alot of sci-fi and Stephen King. I'm not sure if it was "tommyknockers" by King that I am remembering or something else. However wasn't there a book based on a space ship located underground due to an electromagnectic feild? That it had crashed. However it wasn't an alien space-craft but one of our own government experiments? Sounds a little like Tommyknockers, but I'm not sure if that was the one or not.

Also I wanted to add my 2 cents worth regarding Ana Lucia (I like Sawyer, but I was so shocked and laughing so loud when she hit him...). Danielle said that her crew got sick and she had to kill them. She asked if anyone on the island had gotten sick. So doesn't it seem as though Ana Lucia had gotten "sick" or whatever that caused Danielles' teams' demise? Also if my husbands knowledge was correct in the premeire, Desmond was using a vaccination, circa late 70's early 80's...not steroids as was speculated. So maybe that vaccination staved off whatever disease was brought about.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I think I need cliff notes for this board!!!! Between the children interrupting and my computer freezing I never seem to be able to fully catch up!!!!!!!!

I have an idea. Maybe WE are the "experiment"? We are the ones being lulled into "pushing the button" by coming on the internet to obsessively analyze LOST. Just like we (mostly) think like Jack, in that "pushing the button" is senseless, yet we come online to discuss the workings of this show. 'THEY' have us in their collective clutches just like "they" got Desmond. He seems to be intelligent, just as we are. But he, and we, find ourselves sucked in. If we quit discussing this show and trying to figure it out, what will happen? Will the world as we know it end? Will our cable boxes vaporize? Perhaps, yet we trudge on. We have faith brother, that there is a higher meaning, some purpose to it all, and we will get our answers soon. At the very least for our TV viewing pleasure, and if we save the world in so doing, all the better.

The above brought to you by a slightly intoxicated, very tounge in cheek, Karen. I thank you for your time and please Keep Pushing The Button. ::Click:: 107:00......

if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I have an idea. Maybe WE are the "experiment"? We are the ones being lulled into "pushing the button" by coming on the internet to obsessively analyze LOST. Just like we (mostly) think like Jack, in that "pushing the button" is senseless, yet we come online to discuss the workings of this show. 'THEY' have us in their collective clutches just like "they" got Desmond. He seems to be intelligent, just as we are. But he, and we, find ourselves sucked in. If we quit discussing this show and trying to figure it out, what will happen? Will the world as we know it end? Will our cable boxes vaporize? Perhaps, yet we trudge on. We have faith brother, that there is a higher meaning, some purpose to it all, and we will get our answers soon. At the very least for our TV viewing pleasure, and if we save the world in so doing, all the better.

The above brought to you by a slightly intoxicated, very tounge in cheek, Karen. I thank you for your time and please Keep Pushing The Button. ::Click:: 107:00......
    LOL, Karen14!!! I am kind of starting to feel like a "lab rat" , so you quite possibly could be correct.

hepcat post #991 is great spoiler info - thanks for including it. The info sure changes things.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was assuming the Others were not connected to the hatch, now it appears they are very much in the know. I noticed that the Hanso Foundation had a lot of active projects: Life Extensions, Electromagnetic Research Initiative, Quest for Extra-terrestrial intelligence, Mathematical forecasting initiative, Cryogenics development imperative, Juxtapositional eugenics development and Accelerated remote viewing training. I feel like Alice falling down the hole.....Thanks so much for the pic's!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14

Ohhhhh....THAT'S WHY I keep checking this board many, m a n y times a day!!! It's an experiment and we are ALL in it!!!

Brilliant observation karen14!!!!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Kelvin is the color temperature of light rays

5500 degrees Kelvin is the color of midday sunlight, in the blue section of the color temperature spectrum

lightbulbs are 2800 - 3300 degress Kelvin, and in the orange section

+ Reply to Thread