+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    By playin around with the numbers a little bit, I came up with this:

(4+8+42)x(16-15)x10=540

Ya i got too much time on my hands. I should be studying for midterms, not playing with TV show numbers!
    Or 5 x 108 = 540.

(Not that I figured it out - just from reading around.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn
    Some of them are the symbols on the Korean flag...they are fire (solid-broken-solid), water (opposite of fire/broken-solid-broken), heaven (3 solid lines) and earth (opposite heaven/3 broken lines). There are 4 of them that are not on the flag, but I'm sure they mean something.
    I think those would jus tbe the symbols / words for their experiments.. if you go to that Hanso Confederation Site (or whatever)... They show you a list of weird experiments... and they sort of sound like those subjects you said (fire water etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by getreal

Personally, I think that by having someone reset the clock every 108 minutes, that they might be inadvertently activating something else somewhere else on the island. Say, sending out an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) which might lure another craft (boat, plane, UFO?) to the island?

BTW, 108 x 5 = 540

Not an expert on EMP, but I believe something powerful enough to affect an airliner would have to be pretty far away from the island to prevent it from blowing out the computer (unless being underground would protect it?). I still really think the button does nothing. I mean, if this group is sophisticated enough to use EMPs to disable an aircraft, they should be able to pick and choose the craft they want and not leave it to chance by some schmuck pushing a button every 108 minutes.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    I think those would jus tbe the symbols / words for their experiments.. if you go to that Hanso Confederation Site (or whatever)... They show you a list of weird experiments... and they sort of sound like those subjects you said (fire water etc.)

And one of them is for Accelerated Remote Viewing Training. For watching the hijinks they instigated on the island?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    Not an expert on EMP, but I believe something powerful enough to affect an airliner would have to be pretty far away from the island to prevent it from blowing out the computer (unless being underground would protect it?). I still really think the button does nothing. I mean, if this group is sophisticated enough to use EMPs to disable an aircraft, they should be able to pick and choose the craft they want and not leave it to chance by some schmuck pushing a button every 108 minutes.
    i agree... and thats why the replacement (they would know) would come every 540 days!!

Guys I think we will have some more survivors in some time!

Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    i agree... and thats why the replacement (they would know) would come every 540 days!!

Guys I think we will have some more survivors in some time!
    NOOOOO I can't follow any more characters! Even the dead ones still confuse me!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    NOOOOO I can't follow any more characters! Even the dead ones still confuse me!
    haha if you didnt know thats over a year and a half... so we still have a fair amount of seasons...

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Anyone notice this??? 108 is written on the wall of the bunker, which is the sum of all the numbers. 540 is 5 times that!

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I'm sorry, I got too finger happy and didn't type what I was trying to! 108 is written in the bunker and the amount of time between button pushes. When you add Hurley's numbers up they equal 108...I thought this had been established and well known, but perhaps not. Anyway when you multiply 108 by 5 thus comes 540.

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    Anyone notice this??? 108 is written on the wall of the bunker, which is the sum of all the numbers. 540 is 5 times that!

I'm having one of those deja vu moments.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

+ Reply to Thread