+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Ummm - actually the tape says the button pusher will be there for the next 540 days.
    It doesn't say when the button pushing ends.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Ahhh, so perhaps each shift is 540 days for the team. Another replacement team arrives, another 540 days begins?
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Did anyone notice if there was another film for them to watch? This one says nothing of the vials and their contents, why "quarantine" is on the hatch lid or that anyone will die if the button is not pushed.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Right, Kaky

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    I was commenting since we were speculating on the experiment from sector 3 (the hatch) that it was a behavioral experiment. The film itself proclaims it the electromagnetic. So why push the button? And why push the button beyond the 540 days the experiment was supposed to last?
    Don't worry about it Kaky.
    I've got a Psych degree, and did many behavioural expts. with rats and pigeons and people.

A typical scenario is where the subject is to push a button to receive a reward. An animal might have to push the button to receive a food pellet.

In this case, Desmond's perceived reward for resetting the timer every 108 minutes was that he saved the world and got to continue living. After years of this repetitive task, I would expect a bit of brainwashing and/or psychotic behavior to be a result.

He would be told that his purpose is something to do with the field of electromagnetics, but in order to carry out a psychological expt. on an intelligent human being, you need to deceive them to some extent.

Personally, I think that by having someone reset the clock every 108 minutes, that they might be inadvertently activating something else somewhere else on the island. Say, sending out an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) which might lure another craft (boat, plane, UFO?) to the island?

BTW, 108 x 5 = 540
    Last edited by getreal; 10-07-2005 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    Those little dashed lines look like stuff from Tae Kwan Do and the Korean Flag. They must mean something. Can anyone here read Korean?

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Those little dashed lines look like stuff from Tae Kwan Do and the Korean Flag. They must mean something. Can anyone here read Korean?
    too bad Jin weren't here

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Some of them are the symbols on the Korean flag...they are fire (solid-broken-solid), water (opposite of fire/broken-solid-broken), heaven (3 solid lines) and earth (opposite heaven/3 broken lines). There are 4 of them that are not on the flag, but I'm sure they mean something.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    By playin around with the numbers a little bit, I came up with this:

(4+8+42)x(16-15)x10=540

Ya i got too much time on my hands. I should be studying for midterms, not playing with TV show numbers!

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by riblit
    Just because Sawyer says he is from the plane, Ana-Lucia has no reason to believe him. Why would she take his word for it? As I mentioned up-thread, the only person from the front of the plane that we know she has met is Jack. She would probably trust Jack.

I don't believe that Ana-Lucia is working with the "OTHERS" - I believe that the survivors from the tail section of the plane have had some bad encounters with the "OTHERS", which has made them highly suspicious of anyone they don't know.
    If you listen to Ana Lucia story of how she survived the crash it seemed kind of untruthful to me. We have to wait to see if the 'udders' Jin saw are from the plane then her story is more believable. There is something up with her. I didn't trust her in the airport and I don't trust her now. I am looking foward to seeing Rose in next week's show.

+ Reply to Thread