+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady
    I think the others were people left behind from the initial science project. Kind of like that book... what was the title with the kids left alone on the island, and they go wild and go after poor Piggy and break his glasses... what is the name of that book?! Oh that drives me nuts.
    Lord of the Flies by William Golding

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Poutymouse, we did talk about Henry James' "Turn of the Screw" a little ways back. The plot (as I remember it from reading it quite a while ago, so I'm a little vague) was a governess in a big rickety house who thinks there are ghosts who want to harm the two children she's taking care of. You're never quite sure if she was crazy or something supernatural was going on.

And if that is where The Others movie is based from in the end we discover that the mom & the kids are the ghosts, and The Others are actually modern day people. So maybe the "lost" people are ghosts in this scenario or the monster or whatever it is that keeps happening to them, and the scientists are the regular "normal" people.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Also, Hanso sounds like Han Solo if you say it fast.

Maybe the monster is Chewie!!

Edit: I dont know if this has been posted yet (boy, we sure do write a lot here!), but there's a 2nd site opened up, at http://www.thedharmainitiative.info/

When you click on either of the links on this page, it says "Invalid IP".

For those who might not know, IP means IP address, meaning your computer's address.
    I got in... and This is So Freaky... All it shows is the Sing they used in 'Lost'! The Swan!!

Ok but this is kinda weird... This photo is actually not a picture... I had to screen cap it... It was a video!

Ok I am getting scared lol!

From the article above pointing out the ‘mistakes’ on LOST:

Revealing mistakes: In the episode that shows the background of Walt, the glass between the polar bear and camera is visible when the bear's breath creates fog on it.
    I KNEW I was not crazy durig that scene. I thought that ‘fog’ was ‘smoke’ like your warm breath makes during cold weather put there deliberately by the producers. I mean, a polar bear shouldn’t be in the tropics so I figured they made it look like that. Glad to know I wasn’t seeing things.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Actually it was in Flash form, which is kind of like a hybrid pic/video in one.

If you right click on it and press Rewind, you can see all the different IP addresses it goes through.

For any computer science experts who might be reading this, is there a way to find out where/who these address come from?

Edit: Upon seeing some screen captures for next week's ep (these screen captures were taken from the preview that ran on ABC, so its not really something we havent already seen), it looks like Kate is about to (or just finished?) have a shower in the bunker (whats the name for the hatch now? is it still just 'hatch', or 'bunker', or what?). This might mean we'll be seeing some of our survivors cleaned up, meaning no more scraggly hair or thick beards. I bet the actors themselves would be happy about this, because, from personal experience, having a beard for a long time starts to itch it not properly groomed.

Also, in the pic where Jin (allegedly) speaks English, in the background he seems to be ina room with working light bulbs. Perhaps a shack built by the Others? Or maybe one of Danielle's abandoned homes?
    Plus, this is just my opinion but I dont think it's Jin really speaking English. First off, the words didnt exactly match up to his mouth. Secondly, it would be WAY out of character for him to automatically speak english without any accent at all. Thirdly, I've heard the actor who plays Jin speak normal English (on 'Angel') and it didnt sound like him at all. And lastly (this is a bit of a spoiler so I'll tag it)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the creators have said, before the season started, that Jin will GRADUALLY learn more and more English, to somewhat interact more with the other survivors.
    So him just plain out speaking perfect English just doesnt make sense.
    Last edited by Canada Champ; 10-07-2005 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    From the article above pointing out the ‘mistakes’ on LOST:

I KNEW I was not crazy durig that scene. I thought that ‘fog’ was ‘smoke’ like your warm breath makes during cold weather put there deliberately by the producers. I mean, a polar bear shouldn’t be in the tropics so I figured they made it look like that. Glad to know I wasn’t seeing things.
    The polar bear was fake, though! I saw them filming that scene on the DVD, and it was a guy in a bear/arm suit only. They must have added it deliberately.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Actually it was in Flash form, which is kind of like a hybrid pic/video in one.

If you right click on it and press Rewind, you can see all the different IP addresses it goes through.

For any computer science experts who might be reading this, is there a way to find out where/who these address come from?
    I don't think the IP addresses come from anywhere - they are just part of the flash animation (the addresses don't change, s/he likely just made up numbers to use for the video). Remember, that Dharma site does not appear to be officially related to the show, most likely a fan site.

And yeah, do we still call it 'the hatch' when technically it seems to be more of a bunker?? Maybe we have to wait until next week to see what everyone else on the show is calling it?

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    The polar bear was fake, though! I saw them filming that scene on the DVD, and it was a guy in a bear/arm suit only. They must have added it deliberately.
    Yah it was fake... On the extra features on the "Complete first Season of LOST" they were explaining how they did the cool stuff... And it turns out that with Polar bear, when they were trying to think of how to film it.. first they flung a fake polar bear through the air, and it went up like 20 feet and was limp, so it looked fake, so then they just made it running through the grass only showing the top part of the fur.. well it turns out evern though they didnt air it, the polar bear flying made it into the commercial for that weeks show..

a little tidbit lol

Comments I have on recent posts here:

Post #947 re the name Kelvin: The Cosby son-in-law was named Elvin Tibideaux, no "K".

Post #965 regarding Hurley's nickname: He mentioned that it was his nickname early last season, and it was around the time that he was not able to assist Jack with the injured marshall, due to he turned his head to get sick (hurl??)... just an idea :

Post #971 mentioning "utopia" made me think of the Disney (ABC) movie A Bug's Life, where the characters are searching for Insect Utopia.

Ok, I'll sit down now

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Kaky, do a little research on bf skinner

This is your comment to me from this post?

"I just rewatched the Dharma initiative orientation film. I get from it, that this sector (the hatch) is for electromagnetic experiments. Then mentions the incident and then the instructions to keep pushing the button for 540 days.

So, why didn't it end at 540 days?"

I was commenting since we were speculating on the experiment from sector 3 (the hatch) that it was a behavioral experiment. The film itself proclaims it the electromagnetic. So why push the button? And why push the button beyond the 540 days the experiment was supposed to last?

Please don't tell me to go study some more. My head hurts from all the studying. This is a joint investigation not a class assignment by a teacher.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

+ Reply to Thread