+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 520 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5191
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Lurker
    Did someone mention this before and I missed it?

This link on the Hanso Foundation's Active Projects page:
    The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute
    ...clicked takes you to the JEDI page (access denied). Mmm... Jedi... I love the little winks & nudges in this show!

Me, too. When I catch them, that is! I'm usually so busy trying to keep up with what is going on that I miss the fun stuff.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    This may be completely obvious to everyone, but 540 is 108 times 5. Can't think what significance that might have.

Something else from the hanso foundation site: “From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.” -Alvar Hanso
    Isn't it interesting? That's describing all us Lost fans to a tee. Our curiosity. Our desire to know more about what's going on. We are all looking beyond what is accepted as the truth about what's going on and imagining what is possible. LOL. Too bad it doesn't say anything in there about us Lost fans being ready to beat our heads into a wall when we're left with more questions than we came in with. LOL
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Premium Member
    When was the first time we heard the phrase 'The Others'? Was it last season with Danielle? And in what context? I don't think she would've been referring to the other survivors of this plane crash, so I would say that rules them out as far as being 'The Others', maybe?

I was thinking, Jin was able to escape from the group ('the udders'), even with his hands tied behind his back - he was probably pretty disappointed Michael or Sawyer didn't put up a better fight.

Again, I'm with those who were bothered by the fact they never showed anyone exiting from the hatch, only opening the door. And I thought Desmond got a pretty good lead on Jack when he took off, but next thing you know, Jack has gotten ahead of him and is waiting with a gun pointed at him. If Jack didn't even know where the other exit for the hatch was, he sure acclimated pretty quickly.

I haven't run across this link yet, but with so many pages of posts from both seasons, I might have missed it. A friend sent this to me and I thought it was kind of entertaining - a break from analyzing each scene for clues about the storyline and back to the old days when people used to analyze each scene of a show for continuity errors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Something else from the hanso foundation site: “From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.” -Alvar Hanso
    Isn't it interesting? That's describing all us Lost fans to a tee. Our curiosity. Our desire to know more about what's going on. We are all looking beyond what is accepted as the truth about what's going on and imagining what is possible. LOL. Too bad it doesn't say anything in there about us Lost fans being ready to beat our heads into a wall when we're left with more questions than we came in with. LOL

Well said!
    I was just logging back on to say that given how we try to figure out these bizarre plot lines and story arcs, wouldn't you love to be a bug on the wall when the writers are working - if this is what they come up with, imagine the ideas they throw out! It's good to be .... A Lost writer.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    When was the first time we heard the phrase 'The Others'? Was it last season with Danielle? And in what context? I don't think she would've been referring to the other survivors of this plane crash, so I would say that rules them out as far as being 'The Others', maybe?

I was thinking, Jin was able to escape from the group ('the udders'), even with his hands tied behind his back - he was probably pretty disappointed Michael or Sawyer didn't put up a better fight.

Again, I'm with those who were bothered by the fact they never showed anyone exiting from the hatch, only opening the door. And I thought Desmond got a pretty good lead on Jack when he took off, but next thing you know, Jack has gotten ahead of him and is waiting with a gun pointed at him. If Jack didn't even know where the other exit for the hatch was, he sure acclimated pretty quickly.

I haven't run across this link yet, but with so many pages of posts from both seasons, I might have missed it. A friend sent this to me and I thought it was kind of entertaining - a break from analyzing each scene for clues about the storyline and back to the old days when people used to analyze each scene of a show for continuity errors, etc.
    Thanks for the link - more fun!

The first reference to the Others was when Danielle told Sayid that 'it killed them all' (her research team) and that 'they were the carriers' who? 'the others'. He asks her if she's seen them and she says no, but she hears them. What I don't get is what comes up later on -
    She admits to killing "Robert" because he was sick, then Sayid accuses her of killing them (the rest of her party) and she doesn't deny it. She says she had no choice, that she couldn't take the chance on them getting rescued.

It needs more pondering. If the button does nothing, is there no disease either? If there is no disease.... Did Danielle kill them for nothing, or is it all a made up story, part of the experiment?

HA! Back to analysis!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-07-2005 at 12:03 PM.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    It needs more pondering. If the button does nothing, is there no disease either? If there is no disease.... Did Danielle kill them for nothing, or is it all a made up story, part of the experiment?
    Well, okay,following that reasoning, I guess I do also think that there is no 'disease'. If anything was affecting people on the island, I'd say it was mental, since a lot of research experiements by the Dharma Initiative seem to deal in that area. Perhaps the 'Quarantine' written on the inside of the hatch referred to experiments being contaminated if they went out and interacted with anyone above ground?

Although I do wonder about the vials that Desmond was injecting - I previously posted an excerpt from an interview with Craig Wright, co-writer of the episode who said that the book The Third Policeman would show up at a "key moment" in the show - and I believe we saw it for a second when Desmond was grabbing lots of vials just before he left the hatch.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh
    Did someone mention this before and I missed it?

This link on the Hanso Foundation's Active Projects page:
    The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute
    ...clicked takes you to the JEDI page (access denied). Mmm... Jedi... I love the little winks & nudges in this show!

Also, Hanso sounds like Han Solo if you say it fast.

Maybe the monster is Chewie!!

Edit: I dont know if this has been posted yet (boy, we sure do write a lot here!), but there's a 2nd site opened up, at http://www.thedharmainitiative.info/

When you click on either of the links on this page, it says "Invalid IP".

For those who might not know, IP means IP address, meaning your computer's address.
    Last edited by Canada Champ; 10-07-2005 at 01:07 PM.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Edit: I dont know if this has been posted yet (boy, we sure do write a lot here!), but there's a 2nd site opened up, at http://www.thedharmainitiative.info/
    Interesting, I can get the site to load, but when you go to find out who owns the site, it shows that the domain is available to register, as in, no one has bought that domain name yet, even though there is a website up and running...

Edited: Okay, kept trying and found this:

Domain Name:THEDHARMAINITIATIVE.INFO
    Created On:06-Oct-2005 17:36:30 UTC
    Registrant Name:Stefan Engblom
    Registrant City:Kungsangen
    Registrant Country:SE (Sweden)

Doesn't appear to be officially related to ABC/Disney...
    Last edited by mozzz; 10-07-2005 at 01:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread