+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Footballers' Wive$

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Footballers' Wive$

I was so glad the BBCAmerica started showing this - It's like Dynasty on Crack-

Plot Summary for
    "Footballers' Wives" (2002-****)

Drama series about the women married to members of Earls Park football team. Ian gets offered a place on the first team, while his wife Donna tries to track down the son they gave up for adoption nine years ago. Glamour model Chardonnay Lane and resident heartthrob Kyle are looking forward to their wedding. Earls Park announce a new signing who is a threat to the team's current captain Jason.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 08-14-2005 at 02:57 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    I was so glad the BBCAmerica started showing this - It's like Dynasty on Crack-

Plot Summary for
    "Footballers' Wives" (2002-****)

Drama series about the women married to members of Earls Park football team. Ian gets offered a place on the first team, while his wife Donna tries to track down the son they gave up for adoption nine years ago. Glamour model Chardonnay Lane and resident heartthrob Kyle are looking forward to their wedding. Earls Park announce a new signing who is a threat to the team's current captain Jason.
    Think of the tackiest drama series you know.
    Footballers wives is ten times worse!
    Can't believe BBC America is showing it
    It's NOT actually a BBC show.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

For those who might be intrigued enough to give it a go, BBCAmerica will be holding a marathon of the first series:

A marathon of glitz, glamour, and fame. Indulge yourself in the ultimate guilty pleasure.
    Sunday August 21st starting at 12 pm et/pt.

Actually, I like the show but I do have trouble understanding the heavy cockney accents of some of the players (especially Ian who talks like he has marbles in his mouth). It really isn't as "sexy" as it is touted to be and it makes nearly all of the soccer (football) players seem like egotistical asses and rather one dimensional. The women are far more interesting characters.

Well, it is called "Footballers Wive$". The ladies are whats fun about it (though I never mind watching Cristian Solimeno - Jason Turner). Tanya is a piece of work.

Yes, Ian is hard to understand at times, even for me (I'm not English, but my Dad lives there and I've spent about 1/3 of my life there). Yet that is part of his character, he's supposed to have come from the rougher parts of Bolton. He's not well educated, Football was his chance for a better life.

A tip I often give people is to use the closed captioning.

FORT Fan
    For those who might be intrigued enough to give it a go, BBCAmerica will be holding a marathon of the first series:

Thank you for the information. I've been wanting to check the show out and now I'll be able to catch up with the marathon.

Thanks again!

Well, it is called "Footballers Wive$". The ladies are whats fun about it (though I never mind watching Cristian Solimeno - Jason Turner). Tanya is a piece of work. .

A tip I often give people is to use the closed captioning.
    Agreed - Tanya (if she is the one who plays Jason's wife) is wonderful. She is the best of the bunch and owns the screen whenever she is on. Their relationship is very strange and very dysfunctional, but she is very much the one in control. She is willing to put up with his sexual addiction and obnoxious behavior for the $$ and because she loves him (and he needs her).

I have never seen the actor who plays Jason before, but he is very good in the role as the token villian. The show is actually rather addictive even if I have to strain to understand some of the conversations.

It's a bad trashy novel brought to life, like if Showtime produced a Jackie Collins' miniseries. Unlike the whitewashed versions we get from CBS.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    The show is actually rather addictive even if I have to strain to understand some of the conversations.

As trashy as this show is.. I'm completely addicted. I'll admit I've a hard time understanding some of the actors accents... but with this sort of program its not necessary to hear every word....

I don't know the actors name in real life or on the show... he's the one who caught his wife having sex with the other football player last week... Anyway.... I can't understand anything he says at all. Except for the "aye" at the end of each statement he makes.

QUESTION: since I hadn't seen all the episodes are the shows being seen now repeats?

FORT Fan
    I suppose from the looks of this thread... not many fans of the show?

I absolutely love it. It just cracks me up.

There I go again... talking to myself....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast