+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Re: Gilmore Girls

While I was so sad that it was the series finale, there was just so much good stuff in it I was so happy for the characters. One highlight, Luke and Lorelei working it out while the Mighty Lemon Drops sang "Inside Out". :sigh:
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I believe they're reshowing it tomorrow night, if anybody missed it, or if they want to catch it again.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I was able to catch the finale the other night and I thought it was great.
    I especially liked the part about the Friday night dinners between Lorelai and Emily.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I am so going to miss this show. I didn't become a watcher until season 3 but I went back and caught up and was a fan ever since. Mrs. Kim has been on the Bold and the Beautiful lately as a furtility doctor so maybe that's why we didn't see her.

I've heard musings that there may be a two hour movie with Amy Sherman-Pallidino directing it. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that after the mess she left behind. But I would like to know what her 4 last words are.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2422230;
    I've heard musings that there may be a two hour movie with Amy Sherman-Pallidino directing it. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that after the mess she left behind. But I would like to know what her 4 last words are.

Scoop on a Gilmore Girls movie, Heroes, Lost, ER, Scrubs and More - Ask Ausiello | TVGuide.com

Looks like you may be right canadian_angel

CCL

I'm ambivalent. It kind of peeves me that Amy Sherman-Palladino has said that the ending was not good. She was given the option to helm the final season, including determining what the final show would be like, last year and she chose to abandon the show. I feel it is in poor taste for her to criticize the people who took up the reins. And I actually really liked - no, loved - the final episode and feel a reunion movie, if it was not good, might somehow detract from the goodness that was the final episode. But, on the other hand, I would like to know what the final four words would be, and it's always interesting to see beloved characters again. I have a feeling it's a pipe dream, though, and all this is moot. I think it would be difficult to get all the actors together again two years down the road. Also not in its favour is that it was a show that didn't have that high ratings, so it is not like a network is going to throw a lot of money at the Palladinos to make the show (and the network that would most likely have it, the CW, is not cash-rich or known for airing tv movies. Plus they might still have ill feelings towards the Palladinos for how they left the show before it had completed its run. And, if the CW chooses not to be involved, what other network would air a tv movie based on a show that was not originally on their network?).
    So many questions. I guess it is a big "we'll see."
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Jumpin' George Clooney NickNack77's Avatar

I loved the first 5 seasons of the Gilmore Girls. Seasons 6 and 7 were good, but lost some of the charm the previous seasons had. I agree with Canadian Angel and CCL that I really want to know what the last 4 words were going to be. I had never heard before that it was just 4 words, though; I thought Amy Sherman-Palladino said she had the last line in mind. So when I watched the final episode, and I heard Luke say to Lorelai, "I just want you to be happy," at the end of their scene, I thought that could have been the final line. Luke has always just wanted Lorelai to be happy, and they have written him so that he was always able to do that. Not a bad last line. Does anyone have a link revealing what the last 4 words were supposed to be, or whether it was really a final line rather than just 4 words?

The final, final scene, early in the morning in Luke's Diner, had a sort of reverent quality to it, didn't you think? Almost like they were going through a ritual they considered holy. Did anyone else get that impression? I liked the fact that they were back at the place they began, moving in new directions. How often that happens in life.
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NickNack77;2432232;

The final, final scene, early in the morning in Luke's Diner, had a sort of reverent quality to it, didn't you think? Almost like they were going through a ritual they considered holy. Did anyone else get that impression? I liked the fact that they were back at the place they began, moving in new directions. How often that happens in life.

If I'm not mistaken, that exact scene is also in the opening credits for at least one or two of the seasons.

FORT Fanatic

Lets all make a guess on the four words
    Rory: Just like my mom

Lauralei: I am like mom

Do you want coffee?

She's all grown up

Who could ever guess?

+ Reply to Thread