+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Re: Gilmore Girls

I missed it, I am going to watch for a rerun....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

CCL

So many final episodes are disappointing but this one was perfect. Rory getting a job (a good one but not implausibly so), Luke & Lorelei smooching, getting to see the townspeople once again at the bon voyage party (though not Mrs Kim - I guess she was looking after the babies), the moments between Emily and Lorelei (I loved how Emily was trying to get Lorelei to accept a loan to put in a tennis court at the end and, of course, they would have to get together every now and then to discuss the loan. And Lorelei nipped that in the bud by saying they could talk at the Friday night dinners. Emily looked so touched that they were going to continue and then she went off on how Lorelei better not wear jeans to dinner and for all she knew Rory had been the one enforcing the dress code all these years. Teary and funny).
    Of course I would have loved another season but, really, I'm glad it ended how it did. I think it was a fitting ending for the show.
    And I totally cried.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree with everything you said CCL. Even missing Mrs. Kim at the party.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2394758;
    So many final episodes are disappointing but this one was perfect. Rory getting a job (a good one but not implausibly so), Luke & Lorelei smooching, getting to see the townspeople once again at the bon voyage party (though not Mrs Kim - I guess she was looking after the babies), the moments between Emily and Lorelei (I loved how Emily was trying to get Lorelei to accept a loan to put in a tennis court at the end and, of course, they would have to get together every now and then to discuss the loan. And Lorelei nipped that in the bud by saying they could talk at the Friday night dinners. Emily looked so touched that they were going to continue and then she went off on how Lorelei better not wear jeans to dinner and for all she knew Rory had been the one enforcing the dress code all these years. Teary and funny).
    Of course I would have loved another season but, really, I'm glad it ended how it did. I think it was a fitting ending for the show.
    And I totally cried.
    You left out the funniest part! When Emily was griping about the dress code, Lor said Okay...tube tops and spandex it is...and Emily actually laughed! It seemed as if she is finally getting her daughters sense of humor.

FORT Fanatic

I loved it and I am so sad it is ending. I bawled when Lor was sitting on Rory's bed crying. My little girl looked at me and I said yep, moms do that sometimes. She started crying then when she realized I really do come in and look at her when she is sleeping.

I loved that they were chatting away when it ended I am happy she and Luke are going forward but it wasn't the focus of the show. Loved Rory getting to meet her Idol Chrisit Amanpoure(sp?) that was funny that she was in her jammies.

I liked that they did show Rory was more upset over the break up than I thought. I loved the line about spandex and tubetops and about her thermos and the hat with best reporter on it.

They really worked in all the people of the town well and each one had a sort of goodbye it was good. The bawling really started when Richard said his part to Lor about it being a tribute to her as well.

Big sigh it is over and a sign that it was good is that I wish there was going to be more but it ended on the right note. I would love to hear Amy Sherman Palladino's thoughts on the ending and if she gave any input at all.

The show wrapped everything up in a pretty bow. The Gilmore Girls went out in style.

If it had to end, this ending was perfect. Although I can't believe I was sitting her bawling several times during the hour.

I agree with everything you all have said. It was a great series finale. Of course I want more seasons, but it has ended perfectly. The tying up of "loose" ends, the way in which everything's left in a state of peaceful contentment. It also left me with a sense that their futures are looking very bright. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

FORT Newbie

I loved this episode also. I loved so much about it - most have been mentioned. Glad to see Lorelei has her jeep back and that she will keep up with the FND!! (tube top and spandex - love it!!!) Loved the townspeople all hiding in Miss Patti's studio. Too funny!

Can't wait for the DVD so I can rewatch this episode many, many times!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Totally agree with everything that's been said about the finale. Loved it. I cried my eyes out too (even got a little teary eyed now reading the posts above). A reunion show in a couple of years to celebrate Luke & Lorelei's wedding would be wonderful.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread