+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Re: Gilmore Girls

I read in an article that Lauren Graham would be very disappointed if the show ended with a wedding. For her the theme of the whole show was the relationship between mothers and daughters.
    I tend to agree. My daughter and I watched it regularly before she left for college. For me, it was all about Lorelei's juggling between being Rory's mother and Emily's daughter. For my daughter, it was Rory's dependence on and emerging Independence from Lorelei. For both of us, it was about each of the women finding their places, including Lane, Sookie, and Paris. The relationships with men that each of the women had were a part of that search, but only a part. The mother/daughter relationships were a much larger part.
    I am going to miss this show.

Does anyone in LA know if tonight's show will play again? I check tvguide.com and it does not show it listed for Sunday night.....

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2377818;
    I read in an article that Lauren Graham would be very disappointed if the show ended with a wedding. For her the theme of the whole show was the relationship between mothers and daughters.
    I tend to agree. My daughter and I watched it regularly before she left for college. For me, it was all about Lorelei's juggling between being Rory's mother and Emily's daughter. For my daughter, it was Rory's dependence on and emerging Independence from Lorelei. For both of us, it was about each of the women finding their places, including Lane, Sookie, and Paris. The relationships with men that each of the women had were a part of that search, but only a part. The mother/daughter relationships were a much larger part.
    I am going to miss this show.
    I'll definitely miss the show too, anemone I'd rather it go out now before things really go downhill. Rory's college graduation seems like a perfect place to end things.

I read that interview with Lauren Graham too. Although I really want Luke and Lorelai and find their way back to one another, I agree with Lauren - the show isn't about that relationship, it's about the relationship between Lorelai and Rory. Maybe the series can end with L&L back together and planning a future, but with the emphasis being on the L&R relationship.

How many episodes until the end? I think this week was episode 20 or 21.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2377982;

How many episodes until the end? I think this week was episode 20 or 21.
    Apparently, the series finale will air May 15th, so next week.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

CCL

This is why you never ask anyone to marry you in public.
    Well, I knew Rory was going to say no but still....it was sad. I'm not surprised that Logan said that going back to long-distance dating would be taking a step backwards. Particularly considering the new roles they would be both taking on, him in California and Rory wherever, starting a whole new phase of her life. Everyone knows that relationships change after college and distance wouldn't help that. I understand why Rory said no, though, and I do think they are rather young to get married. I wish the whole topic of marriage had never been mentioned and that the two could have continued as is. It would be hard to continue the relationship as it was now with the big elephant in the room. Oh, well. That will be one storyline I will be writing in my head, with the two getting back together sometime in the future.
    What is with the people in Stars Hollow? I can't believe they all wanted to go to the graduation and were so affronted when they found out that tickets were limited and they couldn't attend. Is Rory the only young person in Stars Hollow? Are all their hopes for the future pinned on her? I know they like the girl but really! Sometimes they are just too zany.
    Things I'm going to miss about Gilmore Girls (noticed during last night's episode): Lorelei's outfits (loved the Chinese outfit). Paris (love her!).
    Things I'm not going to miss: Luke's sister (and her husband, who annoys me when he is just mentioned and doesn't even appear on screen). Rory's "wacky" theatre friends (whose names I refuse to learn).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

I am guessing they will allude to Luke and Lorelei getting back together and who knows about Logan. He seems to have grown up and I was really rooting for him. I think it will end somehow with Lorelei coming full circle with her mother and Rory going off on her own somehow. Who knows I am sad it is over and I wonder if they do it justice seeing as how they were in talks to continue when they shot the end and now it is a series end instead of a season end. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;2378163;
    Apparently, the series finale will air May 15th, so next week.
    WAH! It seems like they just made the announcement about the show ending. I wonder if the producers knew ahead of time and were able to wrap the show up the way they wanted. I hate it when long-running shows get canceled after shooting for the season ends and they never have a chance to do a real series finale.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2379048;
    WAH! It seems like they just made the announcement about the show ending. I wonder if the producers knew ahead of time and were able to wrap the show up the way they wanted. I hate it when long-running shows get canceled after shooting for the season ends and they never have a chance to do a real series finale.

I read somewhere that they did shoot the season finale like it would be the series finale. Just in case....so I think it will end well. It better. I love this show and it deserves to be wrapped up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2379130;
    I read somewhere that they did shoot the season finale like it would be the series finale. Just in case....so I think it will end well. It better. I love this show and it deserves to be wrapped up properly.
    Well that's good news at least. I know I'll be bawling my eyes out through the whole show, because it's the last one. I do hope they wrap it up in a satisfying way and without too many loose ends.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2379130;
    ^ That's essentially what Lauren Graham said in an interview, that the season finale won't end with things up in the air. I was reading spoilers for the last episode and they were making me teary! If anyone wants to be spoiled:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rory meets her idol Christianne Amanpour who I think gives her some encouragement (as she has been in the doldrums about her career). Anyhow she gets a job at an online magazine in Iowa and the show ends on the day she is leaving town with her and her mom having an early breakfast at the diner that Luke has opened especially for them.
    As for their relationships:
    Luke & Lorelei's relationship will be renewed (well, they were kissing in the preview!).
    Logan is not in the finale but he is mentioned (don't know in what capacity or how much).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread