+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Quote Originally Posted by CelineCarey;2270808;
    If Mia is the woman that took Lor in when Rory was a baby then Mia is the mom from Happy Days.
    No, the mom from Happy Days, Marion Ross, played Lorelai's grandmother Lorelai, or Gran as she was called on the show.

Oh I agree with you CCL. The pouty cake bit was a bit much for sure.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Is it me or is this show not as great as it used to be? I still watch it religiously but whoever took over the 'pop cult' writing sucks. It's not as snappy and the characters don't act as into it as they once did. I won't stop watching, but I long for the good old days.

Oh yeah, that has definately been discussed at length.

Re: Gilmore Girls

Wasn't there a new episode tonight??

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2336176;
    Wasn't there a new episode tonight??
    Yes. It was the town's spring fling. The highligh was a hay maze (mazes freak me out) and Lorelei and Luke had a total random discussion wherein they apologized for the actions they each made that ended their relationship (I say it was random because they ran into eachother, exchanged pleasantries and then, out of nowhere, Lorelei says she is sorry and Luke says he is too. A bit of preface, anyone?). Rory interviewed for a newspaper in Portland and got the job (of course she would get the first job she interviewed for) but decided to turn it down because she really wants to get an internship at The New York Times. Logan was encouraging her to take the risk which her mom didn't really appreciate. I see where he's coming from, though. She's just 22 and she is in a position where she can take some risks and hold out for what she really wants (not forever, of course, but there's no need for her to accept the first job that comes along).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Her mom made a lot of good points to him and he was just, oh yeah, whatever. He thinks he can just create money with ideas. Maybe he can. Maybe all will be forgiven by his dad and that will really irk the down to earth GGs. Or maybe R won't get the fellowship after turning down a good job and he'll still be shrugging, so what? That might tick them off. I don't know where they're going with this. I'm glad L&L made nice (hope the preview wasn't a trick).
    Count your blessings!

It was so nice to have some witty, fast paced, banter back! I really enjoyed the entire episode. From Taylor being Taylor, to Luke and Lorelai, to Zach! But there wasn't enough Kirk, er the menotaur.
    Logan really got on my nerves. I don't like what they've done to him. They seem to have taken away his endearing nature and replaced it with a flippant one.

I actually liked the Logan Lor back and fourth in the kitchen. They both had some good points, and it ended well. Am I the only one who finds everything about April really contrived? They don't need to try to make her such a little Rory clone, it's just... forced.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2338574;
    Am I the only one who finds everything about April really contrived? They don't need to try to make her such a little Rory clone, it's just... forced.
    Nope, you're not. I've felt that way for a while, and I was in the minority who actually liked the idea of Luke having a daughter. However, as someone who has always detested the precocious, 12 going on 35 child types, there were times when it took all I had to tolerate Rory. Now here's her mini-me.

Introducing a new kid when the old "baby" grows up is nothing new to programming, and it does sometimes get tiresome. Typically it happens as a last resort when a show is losing it's charm and needs refreshing. I've not been a consistant enough viewer to judge if that is the case with GG, but I too would appreciate it if they wouldn't just recycle an old character.

+ Reply to Thread