+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Somebody from my work said something that got me thinking... Maybe the mother of Luke's new daughter is dead? He even suggested that she could have died while giving birth... that could be why she never contacted Luke and why it is April's voice on the answering machine...

Of course it could just be that it would be easier for viewers to recognize the girl's voice instead of her mother... and also there is the thing about the mom making an appearance... oh well, guess this new theory doesn't make sense then
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The moms been been cast already so nope that won't work. Strange choice but not for us twin peaks fans . All over the media , so I guess it's not a spoiler anymore. Ausiello (TV guide) is even podcasting it. His podcasts are almost all Gilmore all the time LOL

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jess may be back for more episodes , but Milo was recently cast as Stallones son in Rocky part 27 or whatever number they are up to. Not going to be in too many. Just enough to cause trouble. *grin*

I don't read spoilers for this show, but your comment about Twin Peaks piqued my curiosity eny.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Since I knew that both Sherilyn Fenn and Madchen Amick have appeared on GG I was hoping to see a third name. But it turns out they're bringing Fenn back as Anna, when she previously played Sasha. OK by me - Sherilyn was my favorite TP-er!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

CCL
    Qboots
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The only other TPer I can think of immediately is Lara Flynn Boyle. And it would be rather scary if Luke had slept with her.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am so glad that Lukes old girlfriend was not played as over the top as I had feared. I guess I was thinking they would play her as a little sexyer.. knowing the actress who they cast. I do pray they do not play out this drama too much longer tho, especially if it keeps Luke and Loreli from getting married. If I wanted to watch drama that lagged on forever I would watch soaps. I look to GG for sacchrin relationships and ways to improve my witty banter skills.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

CCL
    I agree Closetnerd - I don't want it to turn into this whole "Oh, we must part the lovers now & see their trials and tribulations" soapfest. I really don't understand why Luke didn't just tell her (ok, yeah, not when she's wearing "the dress." But he found out about his daughter's existence some time ago now (I can't remember where it left off but we know Christmas and New Year's have gone past. So it has been at least 2 to 3 weeks and I think longer). Even if he was unsure about what role he was going to take in her life, he should have spoken to Lorelei about it. Really, now, she could have been a good sounding board while he figured the whole thing out. It might have upset her (it is rather a big life-change for her, too) but not as much as finding out now. Sigh.
    A couple of other notes:
    - I do not like Rory when she is in pester mode(a la her "meeting" with the professor in the hallway yesterday).
    - Rory's actual apartment is not really that bad. I like that she is living with Paris since, hopefully, it means we will see more of her - Paris is funny.
    - Lorelei's wedding dress is yucky. Well, no, the bottome is fine but the top is just mermaid-tacky.
    - I strongly covet the orange leather sofa and chair set the psychologist had in his office. Yeah, ok, that's rather random.

I didn't get to see much of the preview (stupid stations that cut-off previews). Anybody care to share?

Ha! I agree with every one of your "other Notes" right down to the mermaid tacky dress and the orange couch. The preview showed Loreli at the dinner and she saw April looking around for someone, so she asked if she could help her with anything and April said something like "My father owns this Diner" and Then Lorelei looked like someone had just pulled the rug out from under her whole existance.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

CCL
    Thanks ClosetNerd.

I'm delighted that Luke wants to get to know his daughter! I'm sure Lorelai will come around. She will probably be miffed about the way she had to find out, but the news itself won't likely shake her for too long.

I really liked April's mom. They gave her a personality type that made it believable that he could once have been interested in her without making her too over the top... or making her Lorelai2.

Luke brushing up on Judy Blume books to better relate to his kid? Now THAT I'd love to see! This is going to be the cutest little relationship once they get past the drama.

I doubt this will delay the wedding. At least I hope not because it's really time to get that particular show on the road. And I hated the bodice of that dress.

Oh, just a couple more things:

Paris was great, and actually so was Doyle.

I'm glad Rory wants to do the "starving student" thing. Of course it's kind of like playing house when you do it knowing you don't really have to, but it's a step in a normal direction.

Rory's meltdown was probably the best I've seen from Alexis B. in quite a while. We're not talking Emmy material, but it was good, and it provided some insight on some of the things that have troubled her.

Finally, watching the first half hour was exactly like being trapped in a cage of monkeys. After all these years I still haven't gotten used to the incessant chatter! Lorelai + Sookie = mute button.
    Last edited by Thyme; 01-16-2006 at 12:42 AM.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyme View Post
    Finally, watching the first half hour was exactly like being trapped in a cage of monkeys. After all these years I still haven't gotten used to the incessant chatter! Lorelai + Sookie = mute button.

I actually found April's mom to be too alike to Lorelei, at least physically. They could pass for sisters - same dark hair, lightish eyes etc. A bit off-putting.

+ Reply to Thread