+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

logan, logan, logan. you blew that one!
    Jess, wow, he had the guts to say what everyone else was thinking. good for him. i'm glad he did that.
    Emily: anyone else think she was channeling her mother-daughter time with Lorelai?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel
    Emily: anyone else think she was channeling her mother-daughter time with Lorelai?
    Oh god yes! When she referred to Richard as Rory's "father"?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Hee hee. I've been so busy I just got here and love the remarks. Jess was a breath of fresh air. Even though he may not be our favorite, he still was a significant player in her life. He had the outside observer's perspective where everyone else is so closely tied to her choices. He always did call it like he saw it, even if it was roughly and without regard to feelings - just what Rory needed. Logan is hugely responsible for Rory's current position whether he wants to cop to it or not. He is a spoiled little rich boy who is finally being called up to take the reins. I don't feel a drop of sorry for how it's coming off. It was only a matter of time before Grandma started to chafe. Lorelei will finally have her satisfaction and if Paul Anka dies in the transition, I won't be too sad.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Anything but the dog, gutmutter! Poor lil Paul Anka - don't speak of sacrificing him!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel
    Totally agree with you. The other really telling thing was when it was Rory's birthday party and Emily and Richard were arguing about Rory and Richard said that they had failed with her and Emily said they hadn't failed until she comes home pregnant. Lorelai was in the room and said thank you that's my cue to leave. Emily is so totally trying to relive where she thinks she went wrong with Lorelei which is sad because Lorelai had done fantastic with Rory. Her life is in such a good place now too with the engagment to Luke. It also looks like she and Luke will probably have a kid of their own pretty soon. There's been a lot of foreshadowing of Luke being around kids lately so I think the writers are setting up a story for next year of them having a baby of their own. That will be so nice.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

So Luke has a daughter. That was a little random. Where is her mother? Why is the daughter being so cool about it? I don't understand. I guess Jess created a monster - Rory won't take no for an answer, is enrolled back at Yale, living with mom. Grandma's buying a plane (WTF?) and not talking to Grandpa. Very strange episode.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    I found Rory obnoxious last night with the whole boss-stalking.
    Poor Emily. Now she's going to be having a crisis of conscience.
    I knew Luke had a daughter (spoiler stuff). She's a bit Rory redux for me (Rory junior or whatever). But we'll see.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The mother will be making an appearance(s) so we shall see how that turns out too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

that whole luke having a daughter thing, even though i knew it was coming, was SO random. i honestly don't think they could have downplayed it any more. i mean that girl, lol first off that helmet made me choke on my drink, but she was sooo nonchalant about the entire thing.

i'm glad that rory and lorelai are reunited, but i agree with rory being slightly obnoxious. and lane's boyfriend was on my nerves too! i hope i never have to crash with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I found Rory obnoxious last night with the whole boss-stalking.
    Poor Emily. Now she's going to be having a crisis of conscience.
    I knew Luke had a daughter (spoiler stuff). She's a bit Rory redux for me (Rory junior or whatever). But we'll see.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The mother
    i agree with everything you've said. it's a shame that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    we have to wait until jan 10 to see the little girl's mother

Poor Emily...seriously, you would've thought that Lorelai could have given her a hug and told her more about how loving she is as a mother, and what a good job she's doing, and it's really not her fault. But what does she get, the Lorelai that wants to dodge deep feelings.

I was just about bored stiff with the beginning half of the episode. Could the conversations get anymore bland??? What was up with all the references to different tv shows? Lorelai should stick with the classic movie references instead, really, she's becoming a stick in the mud here.

Question though......How do you think Richard and Emily will come together in this new scheme? Will they still pay for Rory's tuition? Even though she's back in Yale she still just moved her happy ass outta the house without saying a word, and especially after what she said to Emily. Richard doesn't seemed to pleased with the direction of family affairs either, so hmmmmmm...

I really liked this episode. I love that Luke has a daughter and I think she is going to add a lot to the show. I thought the reactions to Christopher's phone call was very real on both L & L's part, although I think Luke's walking out was a bit much. I also think it's time for Luke to lose the backwards hat, especially when he goes to a school to see his maybe daughter.

+ Reply to Thread