+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

CCL
    Madeline Albright was her mother in the dream - does Rory think that her mother is in the same mould as Madeline Albright? Or what? I thought M.A. was going to have a bigger role in the show. Spoiler info made it sound like she was the impetus for Rory to go back to school. Hmmm.

Great episode. Humour mixed with pathos.

I don't think next week is a new episode. The preview said "in upcoming weeks" and I know a lot of shows are taking a bit of a break right now. I dislike Jess, myself. But if he gets Rory back on track Richard will probably throw him a parade.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm so glad in the preview Jess calls Logan a jerk. I said to my husband "geez it's about time someone said he's a jerk... cuz, he's a jerk" Why does no one seem to notice. I could see the grandmother not noticing, because all she sees is class system. But no one else *Rory* notices that he's dismissive, selfish and doesn't hide the fact that he is generally annoyed with Emily and Richard's mere presence IN THEIR OWN HOME.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

add me to the "i don't like jess, but i like what it looks like he's going to do" pile. i'm glad he's coming back and i'm glad he says what no one else has had the guts to say. I loved Richard last night. He was absolutely right with everything he said. I found Rory to be absolutely a 100% spoiled brat. Logan.. he does nothing on this show other than provide Rory with a relationship. Him and Lane meeting, if that was my boyfriend, he'd have had some explaining to do.

Lorelai was great. Loved how when Rory called Luke's all Lorelai cared about was that she called. and Luke, well Luke is great, anyone would be lucky to have a real life guy like that.

FORT Fogey
    I like Logan and I do think he treats Rory well. I dont see whats so objectionable about him nor do I think Rory's issues are his fault (more like his father's plus Rory's thin skin). But the son shouldnt have to pay for the sins of the father.

I liked the show. Jess will be interesting. But then again, I liked him too (more than her first boring but nice boyfriend).

This season has not been up to par as the past seasons. Put Lorelei and Rory back together. Last nights episode was a little encouraging, but still lacking the great banter between L & R. Emily cracks me up, although it was a little racist for her to keep commenting that Lane was Rory's Asian friend. I thought Luke was going to shed a tear when Rory introduced him as her step father to be. I don't understand how Emily would be upset with Richard not wanting Rory to have the same life as her, Emily was groomed it, Rory wasn't. I cannot wait for Jess to return, he will tell it like it is and hopefully get Rory back to Yale and make up with Lorelei.

CCL
    Well, it was kind of insulting of Richard to tell Emily that her life (ie what she does all day) is, in essence, trivial. That's not nice, nor is it true. I'm actually a bit concerned that Richard is going too far over the edge with his renewed interest in Rory's life. What if she decides she doesn't want to ever go back to Yale? What if she decides she wants to go to Podunk University, get married, get a regular McJob etc. There's nothing wrong with that if that is what she wants. What is he going to do, sit around and look dejected? That's a lot of pressure to put on her. I understand he wants her to go back to Yale, and wants all these great things for her, but he has to understand that she is in control of her own life and will end up deciding the way it goes. He should tell her he wants her go back to Yale - absolutely, he should. And he should tell her why and what he thinks and ask that she consider his reasons. But, in the end, he should be supportive of whatever she finally decides, as long as she is not doing something criminal or truly terrible. (As should Lorelei) Hmmm. Anyways, that is my 2 cents.

As for Logan. Well, I'm not going to defend him (to each his/her own) except to say that I don't think he is truly resentful of Richard & Emily being in their own home. I think he thinks of the pool house as Rory's patch of land (ie akin to his Yale digs) and he gets disgruntled when someone invades it when he's having private time with his girlfriend. He'd probably feel the same if they were in his dorm room and one of his friends kept coming around.

I just think it is part of Richard's nature to want more for Rory. I haven't noticed it as much recently but Richard was like that even with Lorelai when she was doing well for herself and managing the Independence Inn. He still felt that Lorelai could've done so much more with her life, if she had attended a prestigious university.

Last nights episode was pretty good. It was nice to see Rory and Lorelai together again even if it was a little awkard and only for a short time. I absolutely loved the scene where Luke gives Rory his mother's necklace. It was the sweetest scene ever!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I don't think next week is a new episode. The preview said "in upcoming weeks" and I know a lot of shows are taking a bit of a break right now. I dislike Jess, myself. But if he gets Rory back on track Richard will probably throw him a parade.
    Are they really taking a break? I thought that November was a sweeps month.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by alemap314
    It is, yes. Apparently they won't be in on next week but will be on again the week after (Nov 8th). At least that's what I've read, but I'm not the tv guide so check your local listings to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by alemap314
    it is sweeps month, but if i'm not mistaken i believe it's the 2nd week of nov to the first or second week of dec. which could be why virtually EVERY single show, or shows i watch anyways, are repeats next week.

Can anyone fill me in on what the crime was that Rory committed? PLEASE?!?!?!? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread