+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I am new to GG but why was Luke being a jerk to Dean?? I understand the whole protective thing but I mean, he;s not her dad. What was up with that? I go back and forth about him - sometimes he is super cute with Lorilei but sometimes he is a huge jerk. What do you all think?
    I always thought Luke liked Dean. But lately he has not been nice to Dean, you are right. Maybe it was because he didn't think well of Dean, a married man, going after Rory? He does seem to have a very fatherly attitude toward Rory, probably from having seen her grow up.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Luke was ok to Dean the first time around . Lukes Nephew Jess was the one responsible for them breaking up the first time. After Jess screwed up her life, I guess he doesn't want anyone else to do that.

I like that Luke is so protective of Rory. I think that it shows he genuinely cares about her. I almost like the interaction between Luke and Rory better than that between Luke and Lorelai. Don't get me wrong I love Luke and Lorelai together. I just think Luke and Rory have a very special relationship. And Luke has always been protective of Rory. Even in the first season the first time Dean and Rory broke up (before Jess was even on the show), Luke got into a physical fight with Dean trying to prevent Dean from entering the diner because Dean broke up with Rory and hurt her.

I also think that since Rory grew up without her father, Luke became somewhat of a fatherly figure to her because he watched her grow up and because he is so close with Lorelai.

Oh no! The preview for next week showed Chris trying to oust Luke!!! The nerve! So that is where this is going. They get Lorelei and Luke together and do NOTHING with the possibilities that exist there, then blast it apart with the man that left her with a child at 16, paid no support, bops in and out at whim, gets her all in love with him again and then drops the bomb that his girlfriend is pregnant, he's marrying her and raising the child (burn, burn) and then calls her when the wife runs off. Hell? Exactly why would she choose this loser? Because she had a crush on him when she was 16? Grrrr. If they drop this ball, I'll be so mad.
    Count your blessings!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Luke is unsuitable in Loreleis parents view. Christopher , although "flawed" is a better match. I believe they arrange it somehow.

The parents were friends at one time. If you go back to the first season I think there was a meeting between both sets of parents and Christopher and Lorelei. The grandparents had only seen Rory once when she was a baby. There was a huge blow up as they blamed Lorelei for Christopher not attending Princeton as every other family member had. I don't why he didn't, as he sure wasn't playing daddy to Rory.

Emily and Richard have gotten wind that Christopher is again single , and try to finally put them together. They were pretty upset the last time it didn't work out. No matter what Lorelei always has feelings for him because he's Rory's Dad.

So the parents are up to their old tricks again. Sheesh. I reread my last post and it was supposed to say "Hello?" - oops. Too late to edit.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Oh no! The preview for next week showed Chris trying to oust Luke!!!
    Boo! :phhht Chris is okay but he should NOT be with Lorelei, for all the reasons you mentioned Gutmutter. I can see her parents wanting her with Chris (aren't his family of the same social set/order as the elder Gilmores?) but still! They should respect her choice (she is an adult) though I guess they've never been one to let her make her own decisions freely so why start now? I hope the latest Chris appearance burns out. And quick.

I hope the parents are overt in their pushing Chris at Loralei, because nothing will turn her off faster.
    Count your blessings!

eny
    FORT Fogey

Here is a pic from that great episode when all hell broke loose between the families before. It has been confirmed in the main non spoiler media that Chris's father is indeed the one that dies. thus Rorys other grand father that wanted nothing to do with her, and needy old Christopher wanting both Lorelei and Rory to pity him. I wonder how this will effect the other grandmother , as she was as negligent of Rory as Chris and the grand father were.

Is tonight a new episode? I haven't seen a new one since hmm when was the last new one?

+ Reply to Thread