+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'm a huge Lane fan too. I can't get over how different she looks in real life. she's gorgeous. I think they should do a makeover on the show so she can look like she really does + give Mrs. Kim a heart attack. Another show anomaly - whatever happened to Mr. Kim? When the show started she spoke of both parents - then suddenly only Mrs. Kim was around.

Rory 2.0 strumpet I just can't see that change. I think they took her in a direction then realized how wrong they were. Thus the Logan story line. If you look at how the season started ie how a season should normally end , it makes sense. They had the usual show ending , many people kicked up a fuss so they invented a new way for Rory to spend the summer at the beginning of the season.

CCL
    Hmmm...noone has commented yet on last night's show?
    Well, to start things off, I did not at all like the prank Logan pulled on Rory. I was mortified on her behalf. It seriously tested my ability to like Logan. We'll see, I guess. I did like how Rory got him back via her grandfather. Nice. Rory's acting the tourguide was okay - the girl she was guiding was rather annoying.
    Paris speed-dating? Then her & Danny on the phone discussing their "relationship" with her life coach? I love Paris, she is just so wrong.
    I don't understand how Lorelai (or Rory) could not have known about Luke's "dark day." How long have they lived in the village? Didn't they ever ask before why he wasn't around on that day (they're in the coffee shop every day!)? How could they not notice? Seemed false. And L & L's argument seemed rather contrived. Like the writers knew they had to have a fight (can't have a perfect couple) so decided to cobble up one. Hmmm...
    Anyways, let me know what you guys thought!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree with everything you said, CCL. I'm getting frustrated with this season. They also aren't doing a good job intertwining the different stories. Emily has a big date last week and no mention of it this week. Suki is pregnant and then it's never mentioned. Who is at the inn when they're both galavantin' around?
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Who is at the inn when they're both galavantin' around?
    Michele of course! He can do everything, and with a snotty French accent to boot.

Lack of intertwining of storylines is a big problem, you're right. Like with Emily's date: Rory & Lorelei were freaking about Emily going on a date last week and yet this week they are totally uninterested? Continuity, people!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yes , it frustrates me how something can be so important one week , and mostly is never mentioned again. I would have Emily showing up at the diner the next day or something. I hated Luke being so mean sprited bordering on abusive in his treatment of Lorelei.Then he just pulls the old I'm sorry.

While I thought what Logan did was stupid, I thought what Rory did for revenge was brilliant !!! Richard is such a stuffy old fart , but when he gets around Rory he's just a college kid again.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok , I have been in the deep dark jungles of spoilerland and brought back a few. Don't read if you don't want to know.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    - I am psychic - Lane loses the glasses and Zack is freaked out. After seeing how pretty she is I'm glad Lane is going to be looking older.
    - Someone dies and it affects everyone on the show . Rumour has it that it's Chris's dad OR Deans wife
    - Richard and Emily re- unite and renew their vows. The wedding ends with a shocking twist. Richard invites Logan but he brings a date to throw him off. Emily invites Chris even though she tells him he's unsuitable for Lorelei . She thinks Luke is even less suitable.

And there is no new show til freakin Jan 25. The one thing I hate about the WB shows is these little breaks they have. They had a big party for the 100th show . Here is a link to the pictures http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...l=3a&PageNum=1

Thanks eny! Lots to look forward to!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Ok , I have been in the deep dark jungles of spoilerland and brought back a few. Don't read if you don't want to know.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    - I am psychic - Lane loses the glasses and Zack is freaked out. After seeing how pretty she is I'm glad Lane is going to be looking older. Ah, the old, look she took her glasses off and is now a supermodel-in-training thing...I'll let that cliche slide cause I like Lane.
    - Someone dies and it affects everyone on the show . Rumour has it that it's Chris's dad OR Deans wife Well we haven't seen Dean's wife of late so she can already be dead for all we know. I don't remember anything about Chris' dad?
    - Richard and Emily re- unite and renew their vows. The wedding ends with a shocking twist. A tv wedding without a shocking twist? Not possible. Richard invites Logan but he brings a date to throw him off. Emily invites Chris even though she tells him he's unsuitable for Lorelei . She thinks Luke is even less suitable. Bad Emily. I wonder if Chris' partner (her name escapes me) is ever going to come back from Paris?

And there is no new show til freakin Jan 25. The one thing I hate about the WB shows is these little breaks they have. They had a big party for the 100th show . Here is a link to the pictures http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...l=3a&PageNum=1
    January 25! A whole month. Thanks for the spoilers - I put some of my inane comments in there as well - they are in bold in the spoiler box.

Click to see Spoiler:
    My guess...Taylor or Miss Patty or Lorelei's neighbor that is played by Sally Struthers

eny
    FORT Fogey
    But that wouldn't really have an effect on the main characters .
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Lindsay
    would have a big effect on Rory , and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the dad
    on both
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Chris would come running for Lorelei and it's Rorys other grandfather

+ Reply to Thread