+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think this show has serious continuity problems a lot. They must have a never ending stream of writers who don't pay attention, and a cast not willing to speak up.

Luke & Lorelei seem very forced with each other. I can't stay- I have early deliveries - uh you live about two blocks away . Not much of a comute.

Emily's scene's were wonderful. I hate the Brother in-law and want to scream every time he's on screen.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I think this show has serious continuity problems a lot. They must have a never ending stream of writers who don't pay attention, and a cast not willing to speak up.
    I don't really find that. Maybe if you elaborated?

Luke & Lorelei seem very forced with each other. I can't stay- I have early deliveries - uh you live about two blocks away . Not much of a comute.
    Ha ha. I never even thought of that. Did you see the weird shoulder roll/shake she did when Luke said at the end that it was okay that she had gone to lunch with Christoper? Trouble in paradise so soon? I like L & L together so I hope not.

Emily's scene's were wonderful. I hate the Brother in-law and want to scream every time he's on screen.
    The bother-in-law (sic) is very annoying.

Marty at the end asking a sleeping Rory about breaking up with her boyfriend: Oh dear. Exactly how many guys are after our fair Rory? She must have special pheremones or something.

Did anyone see the preview for next week? I missed it. Can someone fill me in, pretty please?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Lorelai and her mother are wonderful. I'm thinking it's the actresses who play them, because their characters usually work, even when the episodes are weak.

I surprised that more boys aren't after Rory. She has brains and a sweet, ultra-feminine look that makes smart boys drool.

The brother-in-law is annoying. Jackson is annoying. Sookie is annoying. Of course, this show always treads a very fine line...

I agree. Not very smooth. It might be because you can really, really tell when Amy Palladino wrote the script for a particular ep and when, let's say, Daniel wrote it. Some of the writers' work don't mesh.

I surprised that more boys aren't after Rory. She has brains and a sweet, ultra-feminine look that makes smart boys drool.
    She's also about as sexy and fun as a procelain doorknob. I'm franky amazed that she's even got, as is, Old Money Frat Boy, Marty, Cro-Magnon Dean and the now much-defunct Henry Miller wannabe, Jess. :phhht

Anyway, I used to love, love this show. But in the wake of my euphoria at its witty banter, I think I slowly developed a rash to its dreary plotline and Kramer-esque supporting cast characters.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    She's also about as sexy and fun as a procelain doorknob. I'm franky amazed that she's even got, as is, Old Money Frat Boy, Marty, Cro-Magnon Dean and the now much-defunct Henry Miller wannabe, Jess. :phhht
    That's one of the glaring continuity problems. Rory herself. She has always been serious and boring , and then they make her do bone headed, out of character things . The whole getting back with Dean thing was so choppy and poorly written. She was supposed to have slept with Dean as her "first time" except of course for the "first time" she had with Jess when she was still in Chilton .

And what happened to Deans wife ? The day after she threw everything on the front lawn , did she skip town ? That in itself would have made for some excellent TV , but everyone in town seems all hunky dory. It seems odd that people would be nosy enough to bring up Luke & Lorelei at the town meeting, but let Rory go scott free.

Old money girls are usually brain dead and uninspired, so I can see Frat boys attraction. She's got a bit of spark. He's very aware of her family. If she was a nobody, he wouldn't give her the time of day.

CCL
    That's one of the glaring continuity problems. Rory herself. She has always been serious and boring , and then they make her do bone headed, out of character things . The whole getting back with Dean thing was so choppy and poorly written. She was supposed to have slept with Dean as her "first time" except of course for the "first time" she had with Jess when she was still in Chilton .
    I don't recall her sleeping with Jess? Where was I during that episode? Hmm..

And what happened to Deans wife ? The day after she threw everything on the front lawn , did she skip town ? That in itself would have made for some excellent TV , but everyone in town seems all hunky dory. It seems odd that people would be nosy enough to bring up Luke & Lorelei at the town meeting, but let Rory go scott free.
    That's very true. The only thing I can think of is that Rory is still very young and the townsfolk probably wouldn't want to hurt her publicly (also, most of them watched her grow up and are very attached to Rory). I'm sure she has been discussed in coffee klatches around town though. The show has referred to the wife in passing but they should have shown more of her, you're right.

She's also about as sexy and fun as a procelain doorknob.
    I have to disagree, Nausicaa. She's sexy in a cute way (not a "here are my boobs, play with them" way). She's not fun in a party-hearty way but so what? Not all college kids are like that. She's always been serious and reserved and I, for one, like her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I have to disagree, Nausicaa. She's sexy in a cute way (not a "here are my boobs, play with them" way). She's not fun in a party-hearty way but so what? Not all college kids are like that. She's always been serious and reserved and I, for one, like her personality.
    Well, that may be because you're a gal, CCL, not an ickle little Y-chromosomer held captive by the horned beast. Salome was talking about how she's surprised there aren't more skirt-chasers for Rory, and the last time I checked in with the world, boys (even uber smart ones from Yale) still think more with their hormones than their brains when it comes to attraction between the species - and their hormones may be telling them Rory may not be the best candidate for putting out, and that she'll probably want a lot of literary foreplay talk first.

CCL
    Well, that may be because you're a gal, CCL, not an ickle little Y-chromosomer held captive by the horned beast. Salome was talking about how she's surprised there aren't more skirt-chasers for Rory, and the last time I checked in with the world, boys (even uber smart ones from Yale) still think more with their hormones than their brains when it comes to attraction between the species - and their hormones may be telling them Rory may not be the best candidate for putting out, and that she'll probably want a lot of literary foreplay talk first.
    Ah, brushing with the broad strokes of generalizaton there, Nausicaa. But I get your point. However, Rory has put out before (and to a married man no less!) so she does have some sort of track record ... I bet a lot of guys would see her as a challenge.

Rory's not doing too badly though, is she? She's got Logan, who's not a bad catch after all, and she obviously finds the old-boy's-club-up-house! kinda personality appealing.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death before, but I dislike Rory 2.0, Strumpet Version, and my scorn knows no bounds. If the writers' goal was to make a sweet and likable character into someone increasingly unfamiliar and unlikable, then congrats, they've succeeded - at least with me.

Yeah, and I'm so a Lane fan.
    Last edited by nausicaa; 11-22-2004 at 05:28 PM.

CCL
    Rory's not doing too badly though, is she? She's got Logan, who's not a bad catch after all, and she obviously finds the old-boy's-club-up-house! kinda personality appealing.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death before, but I dislike Rory 2.0, Strumpet Version, and my scorn knows no bounds. If the writers' goal was to make a sweet and likable character into someone increasingly unfamiliar and unlikable, then congrats, they've succeeded - at least with me.

Yeah, and I'm so a Lane fan.
    Nothing has been discussed to death because the GG club is quite small ( to regulars Salome, Eny & Gutmutter ). I don't really find Rory has become a strumpet. Dating a married man was distasteful but it was Dean which kind of tempered it for me ( I know it was not right but ...). And she's not whoring around Yale (now that would be an interesting episode...heh heh)
    I love Lane. I'm glad they still show her even though Rory has left Stars Hollow. I find her dating the bandmate so amusing. Now, though, there's a change in personality. The bandmate (name?) went from being a man-whore to a shy stutterer the minute he and Lane hooked up? Uh.huh.

+ Reply to Thread