+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

The tension between Rory leaning toward her grandparents' lifestyle - and being able to conform where Lorelai failed - and Lorelai's shunning of that identity has existed since season one, though it was latent for a while.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Ah, you've figured me out CCL. I don't see Dean being worldly enough for Rory. His lack of response to her article spoke volumes.
    I found that contrived myself. As if: "Look, we'll make Dean not read/be interested in Rory's article and then we'll have Logan, aka the new love interest, make some sort of insightful comment, thus proving he is the right choice for her. Yay!" [/quote]

I'm just sad his marriage had to end because of her. She could have made some gesture or run to the car when he got in, but she just stood there like a post, with all those rich boys taunting him.
    I know, their breaking up just makes his marriage ending seem even more pathetic. You're right, she could have gone up to the car, but I've always found Rory to be rather passive in emotional situations so I'm not surprised she just stood there.

That was just wrong. My dislike of Logan is based on our first intro to him when he showed up at the school paper, put his feet up on the desk and mocked the editor.
    I don't recall him mocking the editor as such. But he is cocky, I'll give you that.

At the camping event, one girl told Rory to stand in line, meaning he had lots of girls queuing up for the honor of his company. I haven't seen anything to suggest he discourages that.
    Just because he has a lot of girls interested in him doesn't necessarily equate with him being a womanizer. There was no suggestion he was dating all of these girls. He's rich, (relatively) good-looking etc - I'm not surprised a lot of women are interested.

Plus the whole "Let's go look at this hick" movement when Rory was going to meet Dean just smacked of snobbishness. Yuck.
    Again I found that contrived, like the editors wanted (needed) Logan to be there when Dean left Rory to show the transition from the old to the new. I can see the snobbish element though.

So, I still like Logan, despite your attempts to dissuade me, gutmutter
    But, then again, I am a sucker.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was really dissapointed that rory didnt care much when dean left!
    it was all too fast with the whole break up thing?!
    i do not like logan because he seems to cocky.
    the only thing that is making me nervous is luke and loralei. obviously they cant stay happy forever! i give them a few more episodes and there will be some kind of conflict. even though i love them together.
    i know that luke is staying on the show, so i wonder what he will be doing since him and rory broke up?

OK, CCL, You can have him! ams - do you mean Dean in that last bit? Since I'm mad at Rory for breaking up Dean's marriage and dumping him in such a degrading fashion, she can have Logan and she'll get what she deserves. I think the only thing wrong with Luke and Lorelei together is that it makes her look ditzy and shallow next to his grounded reserve.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    OK, CCL, You can have him!
    Yay me!

ams - do you mean Dean in that last bit? Since I'm mad at Rory for breaking up Dean's marriage and dumping him in such a degrading fashion, she can have Logan and she'll get what she deserves. I think the only thing wrong with Luke and Lorelei together is that it makes her look ditzy and shallow next to his grounded reserve.
    I think the Luke-Lorelei combo is a good one precisely because her wacky, quick-talking, pop-culture-knowing, hopped-up on coffee style contrasts well with Luke's more calm & reserved style. As opposed to when she was with ? (forget his name, her father's former business partner) and it was all retorts and riffs all the time. It is the whole opposites attract thing - Luke seems to indulge her wackiness and she seems able to tease him out of his reserve/grumpiness. I mean, he even got a cell phone so she could call him! Now that's love coming from Luke - all cell phones are banned because they are the work of the devil - Danes. I'm rooting for the L-L combo to last!
    Last edited by CCL; 11-12-2004 at 02:38 PM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The two main characters in a show getting together almost always means the show is on the downward spiral. I hope this doesn't happen to GG. Getting Luke together with Loreleis snooty father was brilliant. Every one else may think Luke is wonderful, but the rich parents don't . Between that and Rory getting back together with Dean, was their catalyst for the rich guys for Rory party. Rory didn't dump Dean , it was his choice to drive away. She was having a good time though, and may have realized that being rich and well connected isn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Rory didn't dump Dean , it was his choice to drive away.
    That's right. Dean was hurt, but he really came across as the ass in that situation, not even letting Rory speak. :phhht As CCL said, Rory is very passive; she would never have stopped him and hopped into the car to argue things out.

Lorelai and Luke together is working thus far. The relationship may get old, but I'm enjoying it while it's still fresh. Lorelai is such an awesome chracter; she's cute with anyone.

Put yourself in Dean's shoes. Last night was ok. I felt reallly bad for Emily at the end. Dating was not as easy as she thought it would be, and even the lovely date she appeared to have brought home the seriousness of her marriage ending. Even the buttered roll complaint made sense to me, especially with her explanation that it meant he wasn't looking out for her interests.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 11-17-2004 at 08:32 AM.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Last night's episode was all right. Not great. All I could think of was why were they having lunch at The Dragonfly when two weeks ago they decided not to serve lunch anymore because they were losing money?

Maybe they're still doing it on weekends...a brunch, maybe.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread