+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1062
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Re: Gilmore Girls

I just finished the final episode . I'm pretty sure I'll have withdrawls until the revival premieres, lol. I enjoyed the series, I wish I had watched it when it first aired. All of the pop culture references of the time were especially fun, considering Obama did get elected and many of the songs and celebrity news of the day was a nice flashback.

Out of all of Rory's boyfriends, I liked Logan the best. The ups and downs they went through were typical for people their age, and if the revival script decides to put her with an old boyfriend instead of someone new, then I hope it's Logan. Jess would be ok, but not Dean. He wanted a housewife who would cook him dinner and be home when he got home. Rory is not that girl. Jess wanted her to follow her dreams but I think he too wanted to keep her too close.

I'm glad Lorelei finally got Christopher out of her system and at the end of it all I don't think it matters if she and Luke marry. It's not really necessary to their love story. They both want to stay in Stars Hollow, she is independent as well as he, and they have a good rapport that doesn't need to be defined by a piece of paper. I could see them marrying if they wanted more children but I think they could be just as happy with or without being married.

I think the April storyline was unnecessary but shows tend to bring out the surprise love child when the woman in the relationship is either out of child bearing age, or isn't likely to have more children (one example is Courtney Cox's character on Cougar Town). This way Luke gets to be a father but it really didn't add anything to the show other than being the catalyst for their break-up. I haven't seen the name of the actress who played his daughter show up in the cast list so I don't know if she'll make an appearance or not.

I'm following spoilers and someone has a picture of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a sign on a prop that says hold for Wedding. Could be for Lorelei, Rory, heck it could be anyone!

I love the small town feel of Stars Hollow. I think she did the right thing raising Rory in that type of environment, I'm just sad that it was at the expense of her relationship with her parents for so many years. When the three GG's attended Mia's wedding, you could see the hurt in Emily's eyes that she missed so much. I'm glad Lorelei continued their Friday night dinners. Speaking of those, my absolute favorite was when they finally made up after Rory moved out of the grandparents and Lorelei renacted the talk she had with the parents about talking Rory out of dropping out of Yale, then they would cut to a scene of them laughing, with Emily telling her story how she put Logan's mom in her place, and then another scene with them arguing, and back and forth. It was a lot of fun to watch!

It won't be the same without Edward Herman and I'm so upset Melissa won't have an appearance. She was such an important character. I just can't imagine not seeing her again. I really hope at the last minute something is worked out. They haven't finished filming so you never know!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Yes, April will be returning for the reboot.

I loved that scene you described, too. I loved when Emily gave Logans mom the what for!

I'm curious to see how they explain Sookies absence. Did she move? Die? Go to prison for finally stabbing someone in her kitchen?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Maybe Sookie will have moved to some big city to run her own fancy schmancy restaurant. I don't think they'd kill her off; too maudlin for this show, especially since they already have to deal with Richard's death.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

A few more thoughts...regarding finances. I know Lorelei paid her parents back for Chilton but the loan Emily co-signed for her for the house repairs was never brought up again. Not that it matters but I was just curious. Hmm, maybe she paid it back out of the investment money Richard gave her for the sale of her investment property. And when Luke helped renovate the house, did they use joint money or just his money? With her previous loan from the bank for termite repairs (I think it was either for $5,000 or $15,000), as well as the loan Luke gave her for the Dragonfly ($30,000), it doesn't seem like she'd have anything extra for a remodel.

And what happened with Jackson as town Select-man? I know he found the job overwhelming but they never showed him officially quit. And did Kirk ever buy the house that he argued with Luke over? After Luke backed out I figured Kirk would have bought it but they never brought it up again. I was hoping he'd move out of his mom's, marry Lulu, and they'd live in the house and start a family. As quirky and weird as he was, it would have been nice to see some growth of his character.

These are minor details I realize, but things like that stick with me, lol.

Another revival spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    photos from the set show Lorelei's Jeep and Luke's truck parked at her house!

Maybe Sookie will have a late surprise pregnancy and will be on bed rest. Although that never stopped them from showing her on bed rest before. For me, the only way they could explain her absence without being too noticeable would be that she's taking some new cooking classes out of state (or country). But since the show takes place over a year's time, it would be hard to explain why she isn't there for any of the seasonal episodes. I'm just so bummed about it, can you tell?

And I want to see the Rory Gilmore Observatory!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-18-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge – It's Time to Read!
    Have you ever seen the Rory Gilmore reading challenge? All the books she mentions or is seen reading in the show.
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Looks like Sookie will be making an appearance.

I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Looks like Sookie will be making an appearance.

Source?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Funny how she waited to join them so that it would be publicity above and beyond the show.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Source?
    http://www.people.com/article/meliss...-gilmore-girls

Critical likes this.

+ Reply to Thread