+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Rory looked a little like Audrey Hepburn with her hair done up and the diamonds. And yay for Logan and stumbling home drunk... I like this direction better than boring Dean.

I'm also beginning season one for the first time. I love what Lauren Graham does with the role of Lorelai. She had it nailed from the start.

LT1
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Rory looked a little like Audrey Hepburn with her hair done up and the diamonds.

She is a beautiful girl. I love her creamy complexion and big, startled eyes. I wish they had let L&L have their gourmet dinner with out the false note of the (bad acting) brother-in-law "sobbing" in the background. It would have made a nice contrast to the party going on at her parents'. A play on the (dysfunctional) family dinner they forfeited to throw the too-obvious Rory match party. This show has such a heavy hand this year!!! Why are they even suggesting that Rory's father would tempt Lorelei now that she has Luke? And how bad did you feel for Dean? Shame on Rory! She should have gotten in that car and broken things off privately.
    Count your blessings!

double-post. Eek! (I was hoping I could still edit). It occurs to me that Rory is going through the phase almost all young adults do, of rejecting their parents' values in search of their own identity. As close as Rory and her mom are, Rory is turning into everything Lorelei hates about her parents. Let's hope it is just a phase. I, for one, do not like Logan. Entitled, snobbish, shallow, womanizer. What's to like there?
    Count your blessings!

Yes, Lorelie's little girl is growing up. She may not like it, but Rory is going to be testing her limits now.
    I'm not sorry to see her and Dean break up - they should have never restarted that story line once he got married.
    I LIKE Logan. Yes, hes snobbish and plays up to a crowd. But - he does take Rory seriously. Look at the comparison between Dean and Logans reaction to her story. Logan seems like he will compliment her, but also tell her the truth. - but at least he takes a genuine interest in what she does. I like that.
    No, I don't like her drinking - but that seemed to be a crowd thing. And, basically, her grandparents set her up for that one.
    And it's time to get rid of Paris. That whole older men thing hitting on her was just pathetic and lame - and doesn't add anything to the story lines.

And its time for another look at Lukes bare chest! And get rid of his sister and idiotic husband.

Luke's bare chest! Luke's bare chest! Luke's bare chest! *pounding on table*
    Count your blessings!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Jeez, I hope the sister really doesn't move in. That couple is so annoying. As for the awkward dinner , I was wondering why they just didn't leave and go to Loreleis .
    I was glad to see Dean go as I didn't like the homewrecker storyline at all.

I do think it's funny she may end up with someone her grandparents would have gladly chosen for her , and an heir to newspapers to boot. Bonus for a journalism major.

Lorelei will be freaking, but its not that much different than her last relationship with her dads partner.

Oooh, I hated that guy. I'm glad he was written out. I'm happy to watch L&L. Just leave them alone and give us lots of bedroom scenes.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    She is a beautiful girl. I love her creamy complexion and big, startled eyes. I wish they had let L&L have their gourmet dinner with out the false note of the (bad acting) brother-in-law "sobbing" in the background. It would have made a nice contrast to the party going on at her parents'. A play on the (dysfunctional) family dinner they forfeited to throw the too-obvious Rory match party. This show has such a heavy hand this year!!! Why are they even suggesting that Rory's father would tempt Lorelei now that she has Luke? And how bad did you feel for Dean? Shame on Rory! She should have gotten in that car and broken things off privately.
    I did feel bad for Dean. But it didn't really seem like he was giving her the chance to get in the car & break things off privately.

I agree with you about the L & L dinner - the brother should have been gone much sooner, if he had to be there at all. I have a feeling you're just complaining because you wanted another bare-chested Luke scene though.

I quite like Logan myself. I don't really see evidence of him being a womanizer or shallow - sure he's popular and entitled, I'll grant you that, but that doesn't make him all bad. Mind you, in the END, I would like Rory & Dean to be together. Perhaps after she gets her job from Logan's newspaper-owning family.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ah, you've figured me out CCL. I don't see Dean being worldly enough for Rory. His lack of response to her article spoke volumes. I'm just sad his marriage had to end because of her. She could have made some gesture or run to the car when he got in, but she just stood there like a post, with all those rich boys taunting him. That was just wrong. My dislike of Logan is based on our first intro to him when he showed up at the school paper, put his feet up on the desk and mocked the editor. At the camping event, one girl told Rory to stand in line, meaning he had lots of girls queuing up for the honor of his company. I haven't seen anything to suggest he discourages that. Plus the whole "Let's go look at this hick" movement when Rory was going to meet Dean just smacked of snobbishness. Yuck.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread