+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Close To Home

Close To Home

From the CBS site:
    Megaproducer Jerry Bruckheimer (CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, COLD CASE) now turns his focus from crime to punishment in a compelling and suspenseful look at suburbia through the eyes of an aggressive prosecutor (Jennifer Finnigan) with a perfect conviction rate.
    It's suburbia's quiet and peaceful streets that sometimes hide the darkest horrors and the most troubling offenses. It's up to this working new mother, as determined and skilled as Bruckheimer's many other heroes, to investigate those offenses and bring the malefactors to justice.
    I think this is worth a look if only because most Bruckheimer things are at least worth considering.
    The guy can't miss lately.

I also have always liked Jennifer Finnigan, although I have no idea why really.
    I saw a trailer for this the other day and it looks quite good.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-07-2005 at 02:30 PM.

Any word yet on when this premiers? It looks great. Hope it's as good as the trailer makes it out to be!

FORT Fogey
    This show looks like a suburban take on Law & Order. Law and Order is such a good show! In the trailer, she's being well, a "tough female boss". It looks interesting enough.

Anyone watch?? What did you think? I quite enjoyed it

Added bonus was seeing Rick Peters playing a bad guy (have to admit - I miss seeing him in Sue Thomas FB Eye)

The lead actress was quite believable - and her hubby made for VERY nice eye candy

rats... I just realized that I've gone an added another hour of tv to my must see list...

ooooohhh.... I'm not a newbie anymore
    Last edited by riblit; 10-04-2005 at 10:22 PM.

I watched this show tonight. Although I enjoyed it I am not sure if it is going to be a keeper for me. Have to try it out a few more weeks and see.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I liked the first show - although not the content. The part that I liked best was the realistic way they showed the lead and her relationship with her child care provider. (a subject dear to my heart ) The home daycare was a nice cheery place and the 5(legal number) kids were busy with a craft and there was excellent rapport and communication between the parent and caregiver - the first time that I haven't seen a home daycare portrayed as some fat, greasy, mumu wearing woman sitting on the couch watching her 'stories' while 10 kids played around her. Well done!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I enjoyed it.
    If I have to make room for it by dirching another show I'm happy to do so for now.
    After one episode it's definitely a show that I'm inclined to stick with, for now at least.

I liked it too, although I can't get used to seeing the bad guy from Angel as a nice, loving husband.

Duxxy, I also was pleasantly surprised by the daycare provider scene.

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    I liked it too, although I can't get used to seeing the bad guy from Angel as a nice, loving husband.

I knew he looked familiar!!
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

FORT Fan
    Is every show on Tv going to have a version of the Natalee Hollaway story? I love Jennifer Finnegan from her days as a soap star to her short turn on one of those medical examiner shows (they all run together to me). I did not care for this week's storyline, but think she is so believable as a mom and a prosecutor. Hope this show sticks around for awhile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast