+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Close To Home

FORT Fanatic
    Is anyone watching this show this season? I get the impression that her husband did die, but I'm not certain as I'm sure I've missed certain parts. I had to find this thread so I could figure out what happened to him!

Maybe the addition of David James Elliot to the cast will be a new love interest?

Hi maxkl, he did die. He was killed in an accident.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fanatic
    Thanks Buglover... I wasn't sure if he left her or something happened to him. I like this show, but miss it alot because of its timeslot. Guess I need to get TiVo for Christmas this year!

No problem. I only know because I happened to catch the season finale a month or so ago and it ripped my heart in two! It was soooo sad....but we'll see how she does without him this season.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yeah her husband died on the show's finale. She was at work, he was on his way to pick up the baby from daycare when there was a car accident. They showed scenes of him in the hospital but it was unclear if he was really dead or just unconscious! He was still hooked up to tubes so it looked like he was still in a hospital room setting rather than a morgue.

Fast forward to the premiere this season and she is back at work after taking some time off. Very little was made of the whole thing.....no funeral, no scenes of her with the baby wondering how she will go on, etc. She just came back to work and immersed herself into her work. I don't think they have even shown any home scenes with the baby yet this season.

Blah, i'm just not happy about it this season.

They're making DJE the star of the show when he's not supposed to be. This isn't JAG for crying out loud. Not that JAG was bad but come on, let someone else have a chance to be a star of a show.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234