+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Close To Home

FORT Newbie
    Congrats to the cast (except for the Actor that plays the husband ) and crew for making it to a second season.

My mom doesn't think he's dead.

Here's why:

-The IV was still in him. Dead people don't need IVs....
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten View Post
    My mom doesn't think he's dead.

Here's why:

-The IV was still in him. Dead people don't need IVs....
    I hope your mom is right! I like the actor. Next year will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by justice27 View Post
    I hope your mom is right! I like the actor. Next year will be interesting.
    Couldn't it be that they just hadn't yet prepped the body for the autopsy or the trip to the morgue. I couldn't tell if it looked like he was in the morgue or just an OR. Thoughts?

FORT Regular
    It looked like he was in the morgue to me. Of course, he is probably not dead because the whole point of the show is her family life at home. However, the cop did say "I'm sorry, Annabeth." when she asked how bad he was hurt. That usually means they are dead.

If he is killed off the show, I guess Maureen's role will be played up more trying to help Annabeth with being a single mother. Didn't she say she was a single mother is an earlier episode?

It looked like they just hadn't prepared his body yet and left it from when he arrived at the hospital.

From crazie4alias: Hi, Kristin, what was the purpose of Jack dying on Close to Home? I love Christian Kane, and I won't watch it next season if he's really gone.
    Answer:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think the issue is that the show was supposed to be 50/50 about Annabeth's work life and home life, and as it ended up, it was 90/10--all about her work life. Christian was supposed to have a much greater part, and frankly, I think the show would have been better if he had. I liked the pilot much better than the direction the show ended up going. You?

Source: http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...6/060522b.html (other spoilers for other shows. click at own risk!)

Not sure if it's really necessary to spoiler, but better be safe.

I'm still disappointed!

Personally, I assume that he's dead. I've been expecting him to be killed off since mid-season when it became apparent that they weren't going to give the actor anything to do. Too bad. Maybe he could get a job on Bones.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Maybe he could get a job on Bones.
    It would be fun watching him and "Angel" on the same screen again. It was weird watching him on Close to Home as a "normal" guy when he was so deliciously evil on Angel!

FORT Newbie
    I read that he wanted to leave the show because of the lack of anything to do, can't say that I blame him for that. I don't know if it's true or not, but if they do leave him dead then it opens up a lot of new story opportunities for Annabeth too.

in banana world
    My impression was that he didn't die, he was just in a very deep coma. It didn't look like he was in a morgue, and he had the IV. We have to remember that this is TV, and if they had wanted us to believe he was dead, they wouldnt have shown him with the IV. What I think is that they are trying to make the show more about the Annabelle and her family, and this is a way to create interesting plot lines for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast