+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson on "20/20"

Michael Jackson on "20/20"

A few impressions I had:

1. Michael Jackson seemed more human to me after this interview. Of course, he's still a freak, but I think hiding himself in seclusion and not giving interviews only leads to his "mystique" and that leads to the paparazzi chasing him around.

2. The journalist did a good job, getting MJ comfortable before hitting him with the tough questions.

3. I think the guy REALLY ought to stop sleeping in the same room with children.

4. He shouldn't lie about where his children came from or why his face was altered. If asked, he could simply say, 'I don't care to discuss that.'

5. I was horrified, yet fascinated. It was like watching a car wreck--I didn't watch to watch, but I couldn't look away.

If you saw this, what did you think?

Ah, glad you posted this.

It was fascinating. I alternated between horror, sympathy and anger.

My thoughts:

1. The man loves his kids, but shouldn't have children. The journalist was bang on when he said at the zoo, MJ was more concerned with the attention than on the well-being on his kids. He just has no clue.

2. The abuse he suffered at the hands of his father is NOTHING compared to what he's putting his own kids through. Not to make light of the abuse MJ experienced, but those poor, poor kids.

3. Admit you had plastic surgery or don't answer the questions. Pop in a video of Billie Jean. You were in your 20s. Do you look ANYTHING like what you did then? And you were cute. Sorry, but the changes to your face are not natural 'growing' changes.

4. Boy would I like the Culkin kids to sit down and share their experiences at Neverland. Odd.

5. Holding hands with that boy that is only a few short years away from manhood... wrong, wrong, wrong.

6. Boy, does he have delusions of grandeur. You were a major superstar in the 80s. Then you became a freak to extend the fame. Sad. But the statements he made about Debbie Rowe doing something so kind FOR HIM made me puke.

7. I'm shocked that he let some fans hug him.

8. Wonder what his brothers and sisters thought last night.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    I didn't find one part of it that didn't veer off into the abnormal. His "love" for children.
    His two surgeries and his belief that his face has just grown!
    Covering his childrens faces, the visits to the zoo.
    His behavior when fans are around he became so hyper.
    The tree climbing, the shopping sprees.
    The manaquins in his room.??
    The scooter to go in the halls at the hotel.
    The 'birth' of his children.
    Yea, right his son's mother is black!
    Running out of the delivery room w/his daughter.

I believe he is the biological father of those children as much as I believe he has had two surgeries on his face!

A very talented child/youth has become a very sad, twisted, warped, probably lonely man. I should probably throw in dellusional and paranoid as well.
    If he is that delusional or dishonest about the obvious facial changes how much more is he hiding about the children who stay at his home?

Ah, glad you posted this.

It was fascinating. I alternated between horror, sympathy and anger.

My thoughts:

1. The man loves his kids, but shouldn't have children. The journalist was bang on when he said at the zoo, MJ was more concerned with the attention than on the well-being on his kids. He just has no clue.

phat32: I agree. Anytime I see something like this, it brings me back to that line in "Parenthood" (I think) where the Keanu Reeves character says something like, "You need a license to drive a car, but not to be a parent...?!" Some people shouldn't be parents. MJ is one of them. He's ill-equipped.

2. The abuse he suffered at the hands of his father is NOTHING compared to what he's putting his own kids through. Not to make light of the abuse MJ experienced, but those poor, poor kids.

phat32: I was also thinking, "Big deal, dude. Deal with it." Lots of children around the world--hell, people on this very board--go through a helluva lot worse every day, are going through it right now. Be an adult person and put it behind you. Stop whining.

3. Admit you had plastic surgery or don't answer the questions. Pop in a video of Billie Jean. You were in your 20s. Do you look ANYTHING like what you did then? And you were cute. Sorry, but the changes to your face are not natural 'growing' changes.

phat32: The man looked nothing like he did in "Thriller," plain and simple. I mean, let's post some pictures and see...

4. Boy would I like the Culkin kids to sit down and share their experiences at Neverland. Odd.

phat32: Mac Culkin is a freak, too. I can't believe that anyone who slept (non-sexually or otherwise) with MJ is actually married rather than in therapy. Culkin's wife ain't a bad looker, either. Strange.

5. Holding hands with that boy that is only a few short years away from manhood... wrong, wrong, wrong.

phat32: The holding-hands, strangely enough, didn't bother me as much as the doting behavior the boy showed toward MJ. It was...off.

This is WAY out there, and I'm not even sure how many people will get this reference, but for anyone who read "The Godfather" (the extended DVD showed this, but the original theatrical release did not), it reminded me of the Hollywood producer (dude who got a horse's head in his bed) who had little girls driven up to his house. Yes, I majored in journalism in college. Yes, what I just said is potentially libelous (You editing me on this, John?? ) But it was damn creepy.

6. Boy, does he have delusions of grandeur. You were a major superstar in the 80s. Then you became a freak to extend the fame. Sad. But the statements he made about Debbie Rowe doing something so kind FOR HIM made me puke.

phat32: I think it bothered the journalist, too. It didn't make me sick to my stomach as much as it confused me--did he AND Debbie Rowe really have such an unconventional relationship that she thought "giving" him children would fulfill him? What sort of arrangement was this?? It was disturbing.

7. I'm shocked that he let some fans hug him.

phat32: I, as well. I thought, "Hey, hetero American male guy in Las Vegas! What are you doing kissing MJ's ass and hugging him??" (Disclaimer: Not that a straight man can't hug a gay man, and not that MJ is gay, per se, but...you know...)

8. Wonder what his brothers and sisters thought last night.

phat32: I also sat there thinking about Janet and thinking, "Man, it's weird that most males agree she's some kind of looker, but that MJ turned out to be a freak."

A very talented child/youth has become a very sad, twisted, warped, probably lonely man. I should probably throw in dellusional and paranoid as well.
    If he is that delusional or dishonest about the obvious facial changes how much more is he hiding about the children who stay at his home?
    Excellent point Firegirl. I actually believed at one point that it's all very innocent, but then had to stop myself. While MJ is childlike, he isn't a CHILD and with a lawsuit behind him.... well, you'd think he'd be more careful. That he's still inviting young boys into his bed tells me that something is wrong and he has a problem. If it was really 'innocent' he wouldn't do it. If only to prevent other lawsuits from popping up.

Sad and scary. And who names a kid BLANKET?

phat32: I think it bothered the journalist, too. It didn't make me sick to my stomach as much as it confused me--did he AND Debbie Rowe really have such an unconventional relationship that she thought "giving" him children would fulfill him? What sort of arrangement was this?? It was disturbing.
    Money, I'm sure was a motivator. But the thought that a woman gave up the rights to her children to put them in HIS care is sickening. I have no problem with surrogacy. I do have a problem with surrogates that willingly entrust children to someone whose fitness to be a parent is... well.. questionable, to say the least.

I'm surprised the 3 of us are the only ones talking about this!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

Martin Bashir is an excellent journalist and did a very good job with this series of interviews imo.

While I doubt the mother of his second son is black, it is possible as babies can slowly develop a darker tone to their skin.
    This happened with my friends baby and was confirmed by her doctor as a common occurence.

It seems Jackson is so far removed from reality.
    He lives his life in denial.
    His surgeries, his refusal to "grow up",sleeping in the same bed as other people's children.

Miss F has already quoted the exact paragraph I wanted to quote from Firegirl. I agree 100% with what you said there FG.

I agree with pretty much everything that's been said in this thread so far.
    Some excellent thoughts and observations.
    "That's Numberwang!"

phat32: Mac Culkin is a freak, too. I can't believe that anyone who slept (non-sexually or otherwise) with MJ is actually married rather than in therapy. Culkin's wife ain't a bad looker, either. Strange.

He divorced the first wife.... did he remarry since then?

Dustbunny

I watched the show from beginning to end and just felt sorry for that poor delusional man. He has no grip on reality and no way to gauge what is "normal".

He worked through his childhood and seems to want to relive it with these kids. He clearly is a child(emotionaly) stuck in a poorly aging man's body. Surely a body that has "normal", adult sexual desires. It seems like a bad idea to have young children unaccompanied by adults sleeping over. Never would I allow an adult male to spend the night in the same room with either of my children!

I feel sorry for Michael as he clearly has no grip on reality.

I feel rage toward the parents of these children who end up in the same bed witht his man. Shame on you people who should know better.

I feel sad for Michael's children who will never have a chance at knowing a normal life. Surely there will be ongoing therapy throughout their adulthood.

It all just seems very sad. Money and fame do not buy the kind of life I would want for my family. I would rather be in a mediocre home just trying to get by than live a bizarre life in Neverland.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It all just seems very sad. Money and fame do not buy the kind of life I would want for my family. I would rather be in a mediocre home just trying to get by than live a bizarre life in Neverland.
    Well said Feif.

He lives such a sad life. I truly hope something or someone intervenes and those kids get removed.

It just never ends with Michael Jackson.

SAD SAD SAD

I agree wholeheartedly with a lot of what has been said here.

If this is the result of life long riches and fame, I'd rather be a boring ole nobody, average Jill, run of the mill sane person, trudging along through life facing problems and enjoying the simple pleasures.

The real sad part is that he's so isolated and disconnected that not only can't he realize he's mentally ill, no one around wants to bother to tell him. He's so rich that he doesn't have to face life, reality, and possible therapy and get better.

If he's so bored you’d think he's watch TV and perhaps get a slight clue of kind of how 'normal adults' act and live life. You'd think at the very least he'd make an attempt to imitate normal adult people!!??

I'm torn between feeling sad/bad for him, and annoyed with myself for indulging a moment’s thought into this whining freak of a man/boy.

In conclusion; I feel most sorry for those poor children. They’re the ones that deserve the sympathy and down the road a lot of therapy!

Ay Carumba

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast