+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over There on FX

Over There on FX

With the Shield all wrapped up for the season I am looking forward to this new show "Over There" coming to FX. I have been seeing the commercials and it looks like it may be quite good. Have you all seen previews? What are your thoughts on the show?

I have seen the previews and think it looks pretty good. Hubby about stopped breathing when he saw it (he's very into military history/band of brothers/etc), so we will definitely be watching it.

That's great. I am a big fan of those types of shows also and I think this has the potential to be very entertaining. Do you know anything about the cast? I know there is an ER actor playing one the soldiers.

I don't, and there are so many of them in the ads moving so fast, I couldn't find anyone I "knew". I did look on imdb.com for a listing of the cast, and it seems like there are no big names, but a lot of young actors/actresses that have done a ton of guest spots on a lot of shows. We'll just have to watch and see who we find!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632
    I don't, and there are so many of them in the ads moving so fast, I couldn't find anyone I "knew". I did look on imdb.com for a listing of the cast, and it seems like there are no big names, but a lot of young actors/actresses that have done a ton of guest spots on a lot of shows. We'll just have to watch and see who we find!

As my interest grows for this show I have looked into a few of the actors. Apparently Erik Palladino is quite good, I believe he had a spot on ER. There has also been a lot of praise for the child actor "Jax" anyone familiar with him?

bump

Have you all heard anymore about this new show on FX? I am ready to start watching.

annimal, just saw three more commercials tonight for it during 30 Days and they are getting better I think. The one with the slow song about losing your spirit was really moving and I am getting more excited to watch this when it finally starts. As I said before, hubby is counting the days and I was along for the ride, but the ads are starting to turn me a bit.

Only two more weeks!

I know Jamie, I am really enjoying the new commercials as well. The more I see the more realistic this show is going to be. Only two more weeks! Apparently there was a good article in Entertainment weekly about Over There last week. I am going to look for it today. Did you read it?

I did not read it, if you find it please post a link.

Thanks!

Here is the link to the online version of the article, but you may have to register for the site to read the whole thing.
    Entertainment Weekly

Here is another article I read today in the USA Today about the soldiers perspective on the show. Sounds like it is going to be pretty realistic.

USA Today

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast