+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

Re: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

gabriel

what a heartbreaker for him. I really felt for him during that whole mess and apology. Looks like Sanchez may take awhile to get past it.

From the moment I heard his momma didn't like her, I didn't either. Gotta trust momma's instincts.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Was it last week they brought in Annie? Anyway, at least they brought in a scapegoat for him...otherwise, last night's show would have been just too painful.

I'm glad all the screaming, heavy drama is out of the way and the last show will leave us melancholy, but happy from the look of the commercial.

I, too, cried when she discovered Mama. Her raw emotion was so visceral, I could feel it. I'll miss Kyra - such a great actress.
    tapper01 and Coco46 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I was never a big fan of Kyra... I liked her in Something to Talk About.. but I fell IN LOVE with her as Brenda Lee. "Thank Yew" for a great run, I will miss this show.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I will really miss Kyra and this show. Don't know if I will watch Major Crimes. These actors will not be the same without Brenda Lee. Don't know If I can warm up to Mary McDonald as the lead. Kyra is a hard act to follow.
    tapper01 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Newbie

I've read a lot of criticisms for bringing Ann in at the last moment and making her the leak. But the series creator James Duff said that this leak situation was one which actually happened and they were following a true story. So I guess I can accept Ann's late entrance as something more than a contrivance to wrap up the story arc. But it doesn't explain how Goldman got the information so quickly when Kyle committed suicide in "Fresh Pursuit". They hadn't even removed the body from the interview room yet. And Gabriel wasn't there. He was out in the field checking out a stolen car.

Did anyone else get hacked off at the beginning when they showed a thousand officers responding to an officer down, but when they realized he wasn't "on the job", 90 percent of them left????

My dad is a retired OKC police officer, but I have a real problem with prioritizing murders into cop/not a cop. And before someone drags out the "anyone who would shoot an armed officer is a danger to society" stuff, I want to say that ANYONE who would snuff the life out of anyone, regardless if they are armed or not is a danger to society.
    tapper01 and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Did anyone else get hacked off at the beginning when they showed a thousand officers responding to an officer down, but when they realized he wasn't "on the job", 90 percent of them left????

My dad is a retired OKC police officer, but I have a real problem with prioritizing murders into cop/not a cop. And before someone drags out the "anyone who would shoot an armed officer is a danger to society" stuff, I want to say that ANYONE who would snuff the life out of anyone, regardless if they are armed or not is a danger to society.
    I agree with the bolded ... but Law Enforcement, first responders in general and their relatives ... consider themselves a family. So it seems they respond as if it is a blood/biological relative. I think the "one of our own" mindset prevails in a lot of professions. If we think a doctor for example, wouldn't treat his own family or give them an antidote or a vaccine ... first ... we'd be mistaken.

I think in that episode, they were reaching for realism.
    tapper01 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

haven't watched it yet. Will I need tissues?

I didn't need tissues, and I cry at the drop of a hat.

I know they were going for realism, which is what I object to. In real life, cop killers are pursued more stringently than mere citizen killers, as a rule. I'm just tired of the "only the police need weapons" hype, and "cop killers are more dangerous than 'regular' killers". Just venting, really.

+ Reply to Thread