+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

Re: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

Ah, thank you. Here I think I pay attention, but details...details.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The way I understood it, Brenda was dropped from the lawsuit so they didn't have to consult with her as to the particulars of the settlement.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Newbie

Yes, Brenda was dropped from the suit so the city and LAPD were free to settle the suit. But Gavin was HER lawyer. He did not represent the city or the LAPD. And he should have represented what she wanted. But he made it very clear that what she wanted was not as important to him as what the LAPD/city wanted. That's an ethical violation and Brenda has grounds to file suit against him, the LAPD, Pope, and the city should she wish to go in that direction.

FORT Newbie

It's been announced that Jon Tenney (Fritz) will be on the Major Crimes spinoff. We already know that Kyra won't be so it'll be interesting to see how they play this.
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Newbie

The Closer returns July 9. YAY!

So glad we'll still have Fritzie, but wondering about Brenda ... hoping they don't kill her off. Maybe she gets pregnant finally and devotes her time to the baby. Not in her character, but some women change with babies.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I thought I read that Fritz and Commander Taylor would only be making guest appearances.

I can't wait for The Closer to return. I will really miss the show and I'm hoping that the spin off will be as good as the original.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Maybe they will have her resign to spend time with her daddy since he is very sick

FORT Newbie

I don't think we have to worry about Brenda being killed off, mom2. Kyra has said that the ending is very satisfying both for Brenda and the fans. Also the producers want to have The Closer's audience transfer to Major Crimes and that would not happen if Brenda were killed off. Besides, the last I read Kyra and James Duff (the creator) had reached a tentative deal for Brenda to make three guest appearances on Major Crimes. That won't happen for awhile because Mary McDonnell needs to establish herself with the audience before Kyra comes back. But, if all goes well, we'll see her again down the road. With a baby? That sure would make Fritz happy.
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Wouldn't it be wonderful if TNT decided to make a movie about Brenda's and Fritz's life after Brenda leaves the LAPD? I would love it!

+ Reply to Thread