+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

Re: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

I think the leak is Gabriel. Brenda Lee, Gabriel, and one other detective, (Tao, I think) were the only ones in the car with the guy they dropped off in the neighborhood to be killed. Gabriel has a prior relationship with Taylor from before Brenda Lee came to LA. Taylor gossips.
    Also, the actor that plays Gabriel
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is the only one not returning in the series with Rador.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

That spoiler changes everything for me ... I was not aware of that.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

I don't know who the leak is but if Gabriel were the leak it would bring a certain symmetry to the show. Remember in "Serving The King" when Brenda spoke about the war between the king and the church to control the world? Gabriel is an idealist and Brenda is a pragmatist.

It was so weird to see Fritzie use Brenda's moves to further his case ... I liked it.

I was upset about the daddy with cancer thing, but my mom went through it and she's fine. She just has to take medication for the rest of her life, but she will be alive to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by janets98 View Post
    I don't know who the leak is but if Gabriel were the leak it would bring a certain symmetry to the show. Remember in "Serving The King" when Brenda spoke about the war between the king and the church to control the world? Gabriel is an idealist and Brenda is a pragmatist.
    I think you are on to something here. Yes, I remember that episode and yes, the idealist vs. the pragmatist works as well.

WELCOME TO FORT!!!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Taylor is the most obvious one to leak. But his motive is the most obvious - too obvious, IMO. Pope also could be the source if he feels Brenda is a threat to his becoming COP permanently. He would definitely target Brenda if he thought it would further his career. After all, things with Brenda didn't work out the way he wanted them to and unrequited love is a very strong motive. But he did work to secure Gavin's services pro bono. If he wanted to destroy Brenda wouldn't he have tried to convince her to seek another, and probably less effective lawyer? So, as I said before... I really have no idea who is the leak. And I'm just totally obsessed with it. This is worse than having to wait a couple of months to find out who shot J.R. Ewing! lol
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Monday's episode really bothered me. It appears that Brenda was betrayed, not only by Pope (no surprise there) but also by Gavin who violated ethics by agreeing to the settlement without even discussing it with her first. And, even though he was working pro bono, he was honor bound to do what she wanted - just the same as if she were paying him. I'm hoping that she will see another attorney to discuss her legal recourse because it seems to me that she could sue the city, Goldman, and Gavin too. But she'd have to realize that the whole lawsuit would be reopened and her financial future would be once again placed at risk. Nonetheless, I wish she'd at least consult with another attorney so she knows all of her options before making a decision.

Also, didn't Raymond Cruz (Sanchez) have a golden moment in the car with Brenda? I thought his understated delivery of the warning was absolutely brilliant!
    mom2 likes this.

I thought so too on the Sanchez moment. Later there was a "look" passed between him and Provenza that seemed to mean they are on the same page about protecting Brenda. I thought Fritz handed over his inheritance to Gavin for Brenda's representation? But, you are right in that Gavin reached a settlement without consulting his client, even though she didn't sign the document.

The summer is too long away to find out how this all resolves itself. Right now I'm still voting for David to be the snitch out of self-righteous indignation.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I love Sanchez. I. Love. Sanchez. I loved that whole scene when he got her in the car and laid it all out for her. Minimal words, but deep meaning and emotion behind them.
    Lil Bit likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I thought Fritz handed over his inheritance to Gavin for Brenda's representation? But, you are right in that Gavin reached a settlement without consulting his client, even though she didn't sign the document.
    Fritz paid for the first legal action against Brenda. When Fritz and Brenda met with Gavin to discuss the federal lawsuit, Gavin told them that he would need another $25,000 to continue. Since they didn't have the money, Pope convinced Gavin to take the federal lawsuit case pro bono.

+ Reply to Thread