+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

Re: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

The best thing writers can do for a great show is provide a great send off. HBO's Soprano's was a total failure. Lost so so. Dallas what they did that one yr was horrendous. The only shows I know that have had good finales were Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Smallville and MASH.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

How sad is it that I'm having a panic attack because of this show ... ???
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I love this show!

I love this show too, but I just read that there will be a spin off with the original cast members after Kyra leaves called "Major Crimes". Flynn, Provenza, Tao, Buzz, Sanchez, Gabriel, and Sharon Raydor will be on it. Sounds great to me because I was already having withdrawal just thinking about life without The Closer. It won't be the same without Brenda, Fritz, and her parents, but the characters that were created in this series are just too good to let go.

So, about last night's show... what do you think happened with Delk? Did he die and Pope will end up with his job? Maybe they'll give the job to Raydor as a tie in for the new spin-off. I would really love to see Pope get the job and be Commander Taylors boss again.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

SPECULATION ONLY!!

I think Delk suffered a heart attack or stroke (with the way he was struggling with speech), and Pope will fill in as Chief of Police for the final episodes. As his last act, I can see him giving Captain Rayder command of Major Crimes when Brenda resigns.

I think Taylor will eventually end up with Chief of Police, which is why Brenda leaves. She did say before that she could see no scenario where she didn't outrank Taylor.

Forgot to add:

I would watch Major Crimes as faithfully as The Closer, with all the others there and now I'm hoping it's true.
    Last edited by mom2; 07-12-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: forgot to add!

I taped last night, but haven't yet watched it.

I loved the show when it started, but lost some interest in the past few seasons.
    I'm just not that thrilled with Fritz and Brenda being married. He's just not that believable in the couple and seems like too much of a wuss to me.
    Kyra started really over acting, IMO, in the Brenda role and it got on my nerves.
    I didn't like when they brought in the Mary McDonnell police captain, either. It was too over the top.
    I still think, though, the characters and the plots, are really good. And, I still love Provenza and Flynn and most of the others.
    So, perhaps, for me, a show without Brenda and Fritz will be a good one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I can understand what you (norealityhere) say about Brenda overacting. Sometimes (esp with Fritz) she gets too Southern and coy. She's usually good tho at her job.
    I love, love, love all the guys in the unit. I have loved Provenza since he taught Drivers' Ed on M*A*S*H as Rizzo.

I think that one guy will have had a stroke, Pope will fill in and the writers will be paving the way for Brenda to leave.
    I'd watch it also if the unit guys are still there. Mary McDonnell is not as likable as Brenda but I'd still watch. Question is: is she as good a Closer as Brenda??
    mom2 likes this.

It's so rare, but this is one show where I love all the characters. And I've loved Mary McDonnell from her first episode, because I love to see them interact with another strong woman.

I want Sanchez to find a good woman, I was hoping the one with the kid he was watching would work out ... love to see him take down suspects, or that newspaper guy when he's being annoying.

I love Tau and Gabriel, miss Daniels.

I absolutely adore Lieutenants Flynn and Provenza. As a 5th grade teacher ... well, nuff said.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I can see where they are setting up the final season, and I didn't realize this was the final season. Delk is out - Pope is in (temporarily). I don't know how Taylor will worm his way in as they were looking for a woman, but, plots thicken. I can see the new show with Rador as head of Major Crimes.

What made me frown was the very frazzled Brenda rejecting Rador's attempt at a friendly gesture telling her they were no longer friends. Maybe down the road she tells Fritz they are no longer married. Brenda is so tightly strung this season that she will probably explode every episode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I did watch the episode last night and enjoyed it.
    As I indicated before, I think the writing / plots are very good and do enjoy most in the cast.
    Kyra seemed less OTT last night, so that was good for me, too.
    I'm still not a fan of Mary McDonnell's character - she's too much the archetypical over achieving female in a high position. I like strong characters; she just seems too much of a stereotype for me to like her.
    I will certainly watch when it becomes Major Crimes.
    I did see the Dallas previews.
    Linda Gray looks terrific.
    Should be fun.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread