+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

Re: The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (TNT)

I thought it was gross when she dumped it into the rubbermade dish and then coughed the ashes away

uggggg

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3538020;
    I thought it was gross when she dumped it into the rubbermade dish and then coughed the ashes away

uggggg
    THank you. I thought so, too. Last week was so sensitive and this week was kind of callous.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3538071 View Post
    THank you. I thought so, too. Last week was so sensitive and this week was kind of callous.
    It really didn't make any sense for her to take the ashes out of the plastic bag in the first place. Sheesh, for a brilliant woman, this whole kitty thing sure did addle her brain. Come to think of it, I never understood why couldn't remember that it was a she, not an it or a he. OK, maybe it was cute the first time Fritz reminded her.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3538311;
    It really didn't make any sense for her to take the ashes out of the plastic bag in the first place. Sheesh, for a brilliant woman, this whole kitty thing sure did addle her brain. Come to think of it, I never understood why couldn't remember that it was a she, not an it or a he. OK, maybe it was cute the first time Fritz reminded her.
    Perhaps the writer on the show thinks it will endear her to us and add to her charm by the confusion regarding the cat's gender. I think the writer was trying to pay homage to Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. She rescued a cat that she insisted on calling Cat and never giving it a name. It leant to the theme through the movie that it was very difficult for the character to get too attached to anything, animal or human. Perhaps the Closer's writer is attempting the same with Brenda's character?
    At any rate, it did totally annoy me this week. Glad I'm not the only one.

I really love the character of the FID lady, what a great match for our own BrendaLeigh. I hope to continue seeing her, because to watch 2 strong 'alpha' women deal with each other is entertaining to me. I think her name is Mary MacDonald (?)

loved this weeks episode with Tom SKeritt he is good

Oh, I missed it to see the end of the Bachelorette.
    I love Tom Skeritt, though, so I will watch it over the weekend. I believe they replay it on Sat AMs.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Tom Skerritt rocked in that episode, loved how Flynn liked him and Provensa held a grudge.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

This episode hit a little too close for me as I have teenage daughters. I wanted to snatch that phone right outta her hand when they were at the table. I need to rewatch to comment on the rest.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Was the niece Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick's real life daughter? If so, it sure seems like she's going to be on a few more episodes.
    I hope they also bring back Mary McDonnell. Her character is great on this show. I still like Brenda, but she seems to be getting a bit cartoonish this season. Not sure what is going on with the writers.

+ Reply to Thread