+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paris Hilton To Retire in Two Years

Paris Hilton To Retire in Two Years

From CNN:

Report: Paris Hilton to retire in 2 years
    Monday, June 13, 2005 Posted: 3:09 PM EDT (1909 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Paris Hilton plans to give up public life for family life.

The 24-year-old hotel heiress, star of "The Simple Life" reality series, tells Newsweek magazine that when she was younger, "I thought it was cute to play a dumb blonde. On TV, I do it because it's funny. I consider myself a businesswoman and a brand."

But Hilton says she plans to give up her public life in two years, by which time she expects to become a mother with her fiance, Paris Latsis.

"I don't enjoy going out anymore," she says in the June 20 issue of the magazine, on newsstands Monday. "It's such a pain. It's everyone saying, 'Let's do a deal! Can I have a picture?' I'm just, like, 'These people are such losers. I can't believe I used to love doing this.' "

Paris and her mother, Kathy, were the grand marshals Sunday at the Los Angeles Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual & Transgender Pride Parade. Kathy Hilton wore a large white hat; Paris wore a tiara.

Kathy Hilton's new NBC reality series, "I Want to Be a Hilton," in which she coaches 14 contestants in taste and etiquette, premieres June 21.

Newsweek says Kathy and her husband, Rick Hilton, didn't want their name on the show. "We thought it was too cheeky," Rick Hilton is quoted as saying. "It does sound a little obnoxious."

Kathy Hilton says a sex tape of Paris and an ex-boyfriend that became a cyberspace novelty taught her a lesson.

"Well, that was very painful. Very painful. Very painful," Kathy Hilton tells the magazine. "But it taught me that I really can't trust everybody."

The sex tape surfaced in 2003 just before the start of Paris' reality series. She has said she was embarrassed and humiliated that the tape ever became public.
    Not toooo full of herself, is she?
    Any way we can speed that 2 years up, please?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In two years, she will be divorced, remarried and she will be looking for cameras because people will have forgotten about her already. Wait, that's Britney Spears' life right now.

I love the headline! That cracked me up.

Like she has anything to retire from. Maybe there's a hoochie union that will pay her a pension or something.

Why wait 2 years Paris? No time like the present, I always say. Never put off to tomorrow what you can do today. Time waits for no man. Make hay while the sun shines.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    and we should care why?

retire from what?!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    retire from what?!
    lol, exactly my reaction when I read that
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

If the pinhead really wanted to "retire" she would just simply shut up and go away.

Besides Paris has announced, numerous times, she was going to get married to every guy she has ever dated. (Someone please explain to me why all these goofy girls with lots of cash are crazed with the "I got to have a man!" thing.)

Yet, I still think Paris desire to suddenly get hitched, is to steal away any attention Nicole Richie is getting lately on her own. Nicole has got a new clean look... wearing incredible clothes...got a great ring and seems to have a decent soon to be husband. All I see with Paris.. is desperation... to stay center of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Never put off to tomorrow what you can do today.
    I think Paris would have actually had to do something for that old adage to apply, my friend.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Paris should do all of as a favor and retire now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast