+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: X Files Short Series 2016 - FOX

X Files Short Series 2016 - FOX

When the X Files ran I never watched it. I don't know why, but I wasn't interested at the time. Now that everything on TV is a rerun of a show I've seen I've started taping the X Files. I admit I have a problem. I'm addicted. Am I the only one? Please tell me I'm not alone.

toothdoc
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

I have it just as bad for another show I never would watch when it was new... and in some freak accident... I am now hooked watching in rerun's. It's Dawson Creek. I tape this dumb show daily... and watch it nightly since it's rerun heaven till the fall. At least these shows are new to me. What I can not figure out is why Dawson is such a whiney ass.

I loved the X-files when they were new shows. And I loved them till they got far away from their original plan. Then Mulder was gone... I quit watching.

Re: X Files Addict

Looks like your in luck fans! Fox just ordered 6 episodes of this series, with original actors portraying Scully and Mulder. They are referring to the show as a six episode event. I think they will pick right up where the movie left off. I've been searching for some info as to when we will see it on screen....I'm hoping for fall 2015 or early 2016 at the latest.

May have to re-watch some of those last episodes again on Netflix.
    cablejockey, Maveno and YorkieMom like this.
    The First to Apologize is the Bravest. The First to Forgive is the Strongest. The First to Forget is the Happiest.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I'm excited to see what they come up with!
    Mike'sgirl and YorkieMom like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

X-Phile checking in.
    Maveno and YorkieMom like this.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Re: X Files Short Series 2015 - FOX

The X-Files is coming back in January 2016, and production for Fox's six-episode "event series" has officially begun. Yay!!! They may look older but, still great together. I can't wait!

David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson Spotted Kissing on the Set of 'X-Files' Revival
    Kiz likes this.
    The First to Apologize is the Bravest. The First to Forgive is the Strongest. The First to Forget is the Happiest.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

THEY'RE BACK!!! The X Files returns a week from Sunday, January 24th, on Fox! I'm ready!

i'm just going to leave these links here for my fellow X-Philes.

Trailers
    1. Ask Yourself
    2. The Truth
    3. They're coming
    4. What If
    5. The Truth Is Still Out There
    6. Ready

The ‘X-Files’ Debuts Stellar New Episode and Makes Us Want to Believe Again

The ‘X-Files’ Debuts Stellar New Episode and Makes Us Want to Believe Again
    The beloved sci-fi series is back in top form for a six-episode revival. We saw the first episode—and it made us shed tears of joy.

A dancing Deadpool holding his own head on a spike attached to a sign declaring “I WANT TO BELIEVE” greeted hordes of ecstatic X-Philes Saturday at New York Comic Con’s U.S. premiere of the sci-fi series’ rabidly anticipated revival. The first episode of the tenth season—which was such a welcome return to form that this writer actually shed a tear in nostalgia—played to a packed auditorium that collectively cheered, sighed, and swooned at every familiar face (hello again, Cigarette Smoking Man) and every mind-blowing extraterrestrial revelation. The X-Files have officially been re-opened and there’s no need to want anymore—we believe.

The season premiere, called “My Struggle,” comes 13 years after the last episode of Season 9 when the FBI officially shut the X-Files project down for good. Of course, as ex-FBI agent Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) re-establishes in a voiceover at the start of the episode, his lifelong obsession with uncovering the truth about the paranormal and finally finding his abducted little sister has never been abated by government efforts to shut him up. The truth is still out there; within the first few minutes of this episode, we realize it’s closer than ever before.

In a miraculous feat, X-Files creator Chris Carter (who wrote and directed “My Struggle”) manages to avoid any excess baggage from nine seasons past and boils the backstory down to a sparse yet compelling introductory voiceover, making the revival both wholly accessible to new audiences and deeply satisfying to older fans.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

They are showing a half hour behind the scenes at various times this next week. I saw it on Saturday afternoon and am so psyched to see the show. Must it be only six weeks?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast