+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: X Files Short Series 2016 - FOX

Re: X Files Short Series 2016 - FOX

I'm ok with it for now. I believe the plan is for more episodes and Chris wrote a third script for a movie. The latter is what I've always wanted.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

It starts tonight, Sunday, 1-24, after the football game concludes on FOX. That is sometime after 10PM eastern and 7PM pacific.

Then it is up on Mondays.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Unless you don't want to be very confused, don't watch or remember the last episode of the regular series. This is an entirely different take on the whole thing.

I'll jump in the discussion after others have watched.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I never watched the original but really liked the first episode. I did feel confused since I'm not really aware of the back-story but I liked that it was 'out there'. And I love Joel McCale.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Liking what I saw so far.....smoking man is back!
    cablejockey and Maveno like this.

Loved seeing my old friends, Muldar and Scully again! A lot going on so if you blinked you might have missed something!

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    Liking what I saw so far.....smoking man is back!
    AND, that is my problem. In the last show of the regular series we saw him destroyed by a hell fire missile - I mean we saw the flame hit his body and it being burned to a skeleton. I guess that is why his name was in the end credit rather than the beginning. They knew it would be a shocker to see him as he was, trach breather and all.

Also he told them back then (2008?) that the aliens would invade on 12/12/12. Obviously didn't happen so now they have to put together a new shadow government that wants to take over the world. Oh, and while there were benign aliens, it really is men bent on destruction of the majority of the human race.

A lot of new concept to digest. I'll need to watch part 1 again before I watch part 2, which airs tonight.

I watched last night and loved it. Actually, the whole "government conspiracy theory" makes sense now. With this theory, the old X Files' weirdos were like EVOs with alien DNA.

Yes, the super soldiers, but what of the ripped out fetuses? Whatever happened to them?

Oh, "they" destroyed the reconstructed alien craft along with the scientists after it was shown to Mulder, and they killed the girl who would have become a whistle blower with a reconstructed alien craft because she remember "men" not aliens taking her fetuses. It was "them" the new conspirators, right?

Why do I feel at some point someone will yell out, HAIL HYDRA!

So happy to have Mulder and Scully back! I don't remember Cancer Man dying but I'm sure if they want to clear that up they will say he faked his death. Otherwise they may just ignore it altogether. I'm sad we only get six episodes
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast