+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Into The West

This was a harder episode to follow since they ignored some people and added a bunch of new people, but I think I got it...

Keri was not shown last night at all. The woman who had the baby was a brand new person they didn't show except when she had the baby, who was the grandson of Running Fox. I think it was only in there to show time passing and the family growing and to maybe introduce grandbaby, who will show up next time?

The Samson Wheelers are cousins of Jacob's that moved to Missouri. I think now that Jacob is getting older and they have shown a lot of his kids, etc, they are branching out to other Wheelers to keep it going. I'm interested to see what happens to Clara.

I was sad to see Jacob and Thunder Heart Woman change actors. I know they had to because they have gotten older, but I really liked the people who were playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632
    I was sad to see Jacob and Thunder Heart Woman change actors. I know they had to because they have gotten older, but I really liked the people who were playing them.
    i was sad about that, too.... i loved those two actors in their roles.

i'm not having trouble following it. my only complaint is that i have to wait 2 weeks before the 4th episode!!

At the rate they are going, we are going to end up with the great-grandchildren stories!

I haven't had a problem following the story, but I have had to explain who's who to my sisters and brothers on a few occasions.

Like you guys, I'm sad that the young Jacob and ThunderHeart Woman characters have been replaced by the older characters, but I'm also liking the new characters that are being introduced.

What was up with Abraham just leaving and not even writing to his mom, at least, since I know he doesn't know that his dad, Jacob, returned home. I mean he was a rider for the Pony Express, so it wouldn't been that hard for him to send word. . Jacob Jr. managed to send a letter.

I wished there had been closure on Naomi's story (kerri russell). Maybe she is leaving happily ever after or maybe we'll see her son play a big part later on.

yeah, i figured we'd have her (keri russell's) son in some upcoming stories. i knew they would be spanning a long time period for this show...

and i thought the same thing about jacob's oldest son. he never knew his dad returned. so sad.

FORT Regular
    I was having a bit of trouble, the way it completely jumped to a whole new set of people. I thought I had missed a whole show. I can't believe they just dropped Keri's story. I think the editing could be a bit better, I feel like I'm in the dark and missing bits and pieces.

Anybody watch it this week? I found myself just several times... Ethan's slaughter, Margaret joining the tribe, being held taken into captivity, her confrontation with Jacob, Jr., all the prejudice against the Chinese/Indians, the Indian Chief on the horse contemplating the railroad. Very interesting episode, but very sad.
    Last edited by katkitty; 07-10-2005 at 05:33 PM.

This episode was definitely hard to watch. I felt so sad when the Indian chief (played by Wes Studi) kept believing in the white men, and every time their villages were attacked. Even when he waived the white flag. But his words never rung so truer "There are bad men on both sides".

Very sad episode, all together. I definitley did some .

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City
    I am truly enjoying this series... albeit with a tissue nearby for those extremly sad moments.

I have found all the characters to be so believeable and really like how they are giving both sides of the story. Maybe it's having a little more impact for me because my husband is Native American and has heard tales like this all his life. He provides me with his insight and history; it's given us some great things to talk about.

I think I'll be very sad when it's over.

I can't wait for this week's episode.

There's too many characters that we don't know what happens to them.
    I'm still loving the stories, although, it's very sad watching it.

The finale is this coming Friday.

So did anyone see the finale?
    What a sad story, but it was very educational.

I just wished some of the characters stories were given closure. I mean, what happened to Abraham Wheeler, Jacob's oldest son. We never heard of him again, nor did we hear what happened to Kerri Russell's character or her son.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast