+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Queer As Folk (The Final Season)

This was a good season, except I still don't buy Brian's conversion, and does everyone have to move to the burbs to be a couple?

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    We are one episode behind in Canada. I just saw the aftermath of the explosion. Looks like happy endings for the main characters even after the explosion. I was surprised Ben attacked the guy who said gays deserve to burn/die. Not surprised Mel/Linds will get back together. Glad Michael is ok. Surprised Emmitt and Ted were affected in the ways they were. But then again, I have never been in their postions before. What a great house Brian got but how can he afford it?
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    From everyone I've talked to, I think I'm in the minority of people who liked the finale. I loved the use of the flickery flashbacks to the earlier episodes and the effect of the first Brian/Justin sex scene being projected on their bodies in the second to final scene was a cool. I'm glad they brought back
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Blake for Ted
    , set up a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    possible relationship for Emmett
    , and that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Justin & Brian didn't go through with the marriage because it just didn't fit with Brian's previous five year of behavior & Justin really needs to try to make it in the art world.
    Even though there were times the series got way too soapy or preaching-to-the-chior, I'm still going to miss it. But, I did read that the 1st series DVD is going to be re-released at a more reasonable price later this month, so I may just take a trip back in time to 1999.

BTW, I've spoiler tagged for our Canadian friends who are on a week delay & may want to remain spoiler free.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    I didn't care very much for the finale. However, I agree with everything else that PhoneGrrrl expressed.

I enjoyed the 30 minute retrospective episode that came on before the series ender. Maybe they'll do a reunion show in the future. Saying good-bye is sad.
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    From everyone I've talked to, I think I'm in the minority of people who liked the finale. I loved the use of the flickery flashbacks to the earlier episodes and the effect of the first Brian/Justin sex scene being projected on their bodies in the second to final scene was a cool. I'm glad they brought back
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Blake for Ted
    , set up a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    possible relationship for Emmett
    , and that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Justin & Brian didn't go through with the marriage because it just didn't fit with Brian's previous five year of behavior & Justin really needs to try to make it in the art world.
    Even though there were times the series got way too soapy or preaching-to-the-chior, I'm still going to miss it. But, I did read that the 1st series DVD is going to be re-released at a more reasonable price later this month, so I may just take a trip back in time to 1999.

BTW, I've spoiler tagged for our Canadian friends who are on a week delay & may want to remain spoiler free.
    Thnaks for the spoiler tags, I just the saw finale. I kinda liked it but it was kinda sad knowing there will be no more QAF. I am glad Blake came back for Ted. Ted earlier "boyfriend" was a little pscho. It does make sense Justin and Brian didnt go through with the wedding but it looks like love at last. Glad Emmitt wasnt left "eating the whole cake" by himself after Ted hooked up with Blake. Mondays just won't be the same anymore with QAF.
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345