+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Queer As Folk (The Final Season)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    From the preview after Ep 10 (the 7/17 US or 7/18 Canada showing), it looks like Hunter is back in the next episode.

I was sure that the guy Ted had picked up from Marriage Material.com was gonna die. But he didn't.

I thought this was a good episode, though. Finally, some movement on all plot fronts. I thought it rang true that Brian finally professed his love for Justin. I just don't think it rings true for his decision (in the previews) to propose. Live together, sure, profess love, ok, but not marry. Maybe that's just my personal view point coming through, but I'm pretty certain that no explosion or catastrophe could change my life long stance against marriage (for me; I don't care one whit what others do).

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    From the preview after Ep 10 (the 7/17 US or 7/18 Canada showing), it looks like Hunter is back in the next episode.

I was sure that the guy Ted had picked up from Marriage Material.com was gonna die. But he didn't.

I thought this was a good episode, though. Finally, some movement on all plot fronts. I thought it rang true that Brian finally professed his love for Justin. I just don't think it rings true for his decision (in the previews) to propose. Live together, sure, profess love, ok, but not marry. Maybe that's just my personal view point coming through, but I'm pretty certain that no explosion or catastrophe could change my life long stance against marriage (for me; I don't care one whit what others do).
    They havent aired this episode in Canada yet Yestredays one was where Lindsay and Melanie had hot sex, Justin found out that his mom was seeing a younger man, Ted dated a jewish guy who didnt like the fact he was jewish and Drew comes out. They dont show us previews on showcase anymore but from the sounds of it, looks good.

Too bad Hunter is coming back though
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan
    They havent aired this episode in Canada yet
    Awww, man, I'm sorry! I thought you guys were a day behind, not a week behind. Stay tuned, though because Ep 10 is really good, like first season good.

Another comment on Ep 10 that won't give anything plot related away--Cyndi Lauper looked good--she must have great genes or a fabulous makeup artist because she doesn't look as old as she is. I should be so lucky at her age.

good show but I thought Lauper took away from the seriousness of that scene.

I wonder if Brian and Justin will last through the final three episodes.
    Im also wondering if they perhaps kill off someone before the end.

wow...the Brian Justin scene....

i have seen all and lets just say it's a typical ending...

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I don't care what kind of ending it has, for Brian to tell Justin he loved him was enough for me. I'm a happy camper. *sniff*

I just finished watching episode 11...a day late because I don't have Showtime and my mother tapes it for me. Wow, is all I can say. I nearly believed Brian's conversion to the marrying kind. I do wish the Ted story had more air time, though. I'm really going to miss this show when it ends in two episodes. But why oh why did they have to bring Hunter back?

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    I just finished watching episode 11...a day late because I don't have Showtime and my mother tapes it for me. Wow, is all I can say. I nearly believed Brian's conversion to the marrying kind. I do wish the Ted story had more air time, though. I'm really going to miss this show when it ends in two episodes. But why oh why did they have to bring Hunter back?
    Havent seen this one yet (one ep. behind in Canada) but it sounds like a good one. Ep. 10 was great. I really like the fact that Brian told Justin he loved him. It sounded very sincere. The part where Mel. Linds and kids were in the bed was very touching. I hope Michael is ok. I was glad when Ben told Debbie "Its not about her so sit down" concerning Micheals health.(Go Ben)
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan
    I was glad when Ben told Debbie "Its not about her so sit down" concerning Micheals health.(Go Ben)
    Ya know, I've never been a Ben fan. In fact, I was kind of hoping that they'd get rid of him somehow before this season started. But I'm really coming around to liking him. I think I know why...his character is finally being written in a more human (rather than archetype) way. And if you think he stood up to Debbie, you'll really be surprised at the vigil. Plus, Ben & Brian actually have a very nice scene together...brief, but nice with a little humor.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    Wow, this Sunday is the series finale. I'm really going to miss the show, especially Emmett. I have a feeling maybe Brian and Justin won't be getting married. And what's up with Ted's new man? He's going to end up like that lady in Aruba if he's not careful. He better not ditch his friends for this "stanger". I'm glad Hunter finally went back to school. Are the girls really leaving for Canada? I can't wait to see how it all concludes, But I'm...

So sad to see my guilty pleasure come to an end.
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast