+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Country Music Awards

Lucy was trying to sway me to vote for Bo in AI by saying he had sex appeal. I had to give it back to her on Carrie & Vonzell. When I saw her over here, I just couldn't resist. Dierks is a cool singer.
    I think Gretchen Wilson is starting to get old now. The novelty has worn off.

Unk, I was teasing you--figured it was a private joke thing! Whoops, I just read the "rules" about double-posting--yikes, hope I'm not in trouble! I'll certainly try to behave in the future. (will have to learn how to do the edit/put things in quotes in order to respond to several things...hope I'm not too old a dog to learn this new trick!)

at Unk.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by SheltieMom
    Unk, I was teasing you--figured it was a private joke thing! Whoops, I just read the "rules" about double-posting--yikes, hope I'm not in trouble! I'll certainly try to behave in the future. (will have to learn how to do the edit/put things in quotes in order to respond to several things...hope I'm not too old a dog to learn this new trick!)
    You're fine, no problem.

-Agree with Lucy on Blue Man Group. I mean, the first thing that I think about when I hear Mud on the Tires is a trio into body paint and playing "music" on PVC pipe. I mean, what the hell...?

-Was never much of a fan of Redneck Woman or Ho-wrecker (or whatever the hell that song is called). I don't think Gretchen Wilson will be making a trip to the stage next year. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

-The Lifetime Achievement Award guy: Um, who?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Wow, LeAnn Womack has big 60's hair. Still, she's cute as can be--SheltieDad is lusting over her, haha!!
    Oh my gosh, what the heck is Deana Carter wearing?? I'd say these folks so far need some fashion advice...I did like the tuxes on Big and Rich, however!!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Okay, I fell asleep before it ended (in fact, fell asleep with the remote in my hand!)

However, it's on TiVo, so I'll watch it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Unk
    I think Gretchen Wilson is starting to get old now. The novelty has worn off.
    Unk - I'm so with you on that. The whole MuzikMafia garbage is so OVER. Cowboy Troy - are they kidding? I would have liked to see Julie Roberts or Josh Turner win Best New Artist.

I love Sara Evans and think she is the epitome of beautiful. I didn't like her hair last night, but I do think she's beautiful. I love her voice - Rocking Horse is one of my favorite songs.

I did hear Kenny ended up as Entertainer of the Year. I know he sold the most concert tix and all but I can't quite describe him. I liked a lot of his older stuff, but for lack of a better word, I think he's a "poser". I just don't get the whole "Island Influence". Um, Kenny...you grew up in Tennesee!

It was nice to see Garth Brooks again.

I do enjoy Country Music. I just wish we had a country music radio station. For living right outside New York City, the radio market really stinks.

And Dierks really is a cool dude. I think I'd like to sit and enjoy a cold Miller Lite with him and his dog, Jake!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    There's a station on Long Island and one in Hartford Conn. that you can get on the Island....maybe you can somehow to tune into one of those?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    There's a station on Long Island and one in Hartford Conn. that you can get on the Island....maybe you can somehow to tune into one of those?
    I can't get them! I can get a station from Poughkeepsie (107.3) when I head up into Orange County.

I get 1-95 from CT - what number is the CT station on the dial? I can't usually get the Long Island stations. Before it's demise, I could sometimes get 92.7, but rarely.

This is when I need XM or Sirius!

I missed most of it Did Tim win anything. He's beautiful Was Faith there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast