+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kids in the Hall

The Kids in the Hall

I recently found out that I'm not the only fan of The Kids in the Hall here at the FoRT! I've been wandering around the Internet for years looking for KITH fans so that I can discuss the show with others who are able to regurgitate lines from the show verbatum (and with slightly freakish glee! ).

I found lots of great pics on Kithfan.org, along with lots of other great stuff (wallpaper, skit scripts, current news, etc.) but I don't want to mess with their bandwidth by posting a bunch of pics here.

My favorites are Sir Simon Milligan and his manservant Hecubus (obviously), Buddy Cole, Gavin, the Bad Doctor, the Cathies ("Temp!"), the Chicken Lady, Mr. Tyzik (the head-crusher), and on and on....

So KITH fans - let's talk about it. Who were your favorite cast members/ characters? Favorite sketches?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

*runs in and starts crushing Critical's head*

OK, the Chicken Lady skit, where she was trying to find her roots...going into her old house (except it wasn't), and having those little flashback moments? Best. Skit. Ever. I spent half a day once searching for a decent Chicken Lady picture to use as an av.

Anything Bruce McCullough did was gold, but I especially loved Gavin. Critical, do you watch TAR? I swear that Adam (from last season's TAR) was totally channeling Gavin - their voices were identical.

Side note: I saw a commercial the other day - Scott Thompson is doing a show called My Big Gay Wedding, or something to that effect. A reality show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane, I love the Chickenlady! She loves life! That sketch was hilarious..."Goodbye house!" with Kevin driving her around as the bearded lady
    Now that you said you can't find a good pic of the Chickenlady, I have to find you one! I looked a little and found this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...69551?v=glance. I'm flat broke, but I totally want one of those shirts!

Okay, I just found this:

OMG! TAR Adam is totally Gavin! "Are you my new best friend?" I loved the one when the cops (or was it the FBI) come to Gavin's house and he's talking about his mom "All she eats is coffee and vodka and briiiiidge mix" kithfan.org has tons of the scripts on their site. I spent way too long reading them and laughing WAY too hard.

I Scott Thompson. When Buddy coached the lesbian softball team: "Hit that round white leathery thing all the way to the great white way! "
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I luuurrrrve Kids in the Hall!

Is Gavin the kid who goes to the butcher and says, "If my head were veal, which I know it is not, how much would it be worth?"

And who can forget, "Eradicator!" I think Bruce was my favorite.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Thirty Helens Agree: The Kids in the Hall is a Good Show.

Helen #27: It's excellent!

Helen #15: We watch it as a family!

My sis & I were totally hooked in high school and watched every episode a ton of times (the HBO version, not the CBC version). I just got season 1 & 2 on DVD and it's freakish how the lines come back. One of my favs is the "Nobody likes us" guys...Kevin & Dave. Sing along, everyone: "Nobody likes us, everybody hates us, think we'll go eat worms; big fat juicy ones, itty bitty squeeny ones, see how they wiggle and squirm..."

Another fav is the Tony sketch where everyone is wondering about Tony, wondering where he is, who he's with, what is he thinking, is he thinking of me, and will he ever return someday?

Gotta go...the Moon is Bright...over LEBANON TONIGHT!

Critical, you really shouldn't have started this...I may become intensely annoying!

I've been hooked on KITH since the very beginning.

I'll try to keep this list of my favorite skits as short as I can:
    - Lost Pen ("MY PEN!!! YOU'VE. GOT. MY. PEN!!!!!!")
    - Citizen Kane ("It was Citizen Kane!" *stab* "It was Citizen Kane!" *stab* "It was Citizen Kane!" *stab*)
    - Written In Haste ("Now, take those rubber boobs off and have a seat")
    - The Night I Connected With My Dog
    - all of the Gavin, Chicken Lady and Simon/Hecubus skits

I'm with PhoneGrrrl: this thread's a bad idea because I can go on and on and on...

OTS, that Gavin skit (at the butcher) is transcribed on the KITH link that Critical posted. "My mom says that if there's a depression, that I'll have to enter a dance marathon, cause I'm the man of the house. I better start sloooow."

I loved Bruce's Tammy character too - remember when Tammy meets the Queen? "I just don't like pickles!"

Critical, I just have not been able to find a good Chicken Lady pic...I'd settle for a good one of Bellini, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

other Kith fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Is Gavin the kid who goes to the butcher and says, "If my head were veal, which I know it is not, how much would it be worth?"
    Yep, that's Gavin! I loved the one with Kevin painting the chair "How much would a job like that pay?" For years my best friend and I would quote Gavin back and forth to each other..."Are you my new best friend?" "How much do you think my head weighs?" and my personal favorite: "You know what's in wieners? Well, there's cow's eyes, and dog's heads, and old phone books, and, of course, *wiener flavor*"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    Critical, you really shouldn't have started this...I may become intensely annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I'm with PhoneGrrrl: this thread's a bad idea because I can go on and on and on...
    That's why I started this thread - so that I wouldn't be alone in my geeky worship of KITH.

AJane, I looked all over the place for a good pic of Chickenlady and the one I posted is the best one I could find. A lot of the really good KITH sites aren't up anymore since the show has been off the air for so long. I had to delete a bunch of sites from my bookmarks because they're gone. I could only find one picture of Bellini: http://pub29.bravenet.com/photocente...num=2477434703
    I'm not linking the image here because, well, it's Bellini....in his usual "costume" - might not be for everyone

Hey, I didn't know they were still showing these reruns anywhere. Apparently they're on Comedy Central at 2 or 3 in the morning. Just thought I'd pass that along for anyone with Tivo/insomnia.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

If it weren't for the magical TiVo Season Pass I'd miss them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast