+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kids in the Hall

This is a bit of a threadjack, but this is a link to an article I found (I don't have a subscription to this magazine ). It's about Scott Thompson's new reality series, "My Fabulous Gay Wedding" and the article is written by none other than Paul Bellini.

http://www.fabmagazine.com/features/scottthompson/#
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I love Buddy's monologues. Remember the one with dinosaurs? We've been getting the DVD's from Netflix. I guess I always saw the watered down version, because there's some skits I just don't remember. It's kind of like getting an early Christmas present.

The weirdest moments stick in my head. Remember the skit where Bruce McCullough is a curmudgeonly father, Scott Thompson is a middle-aged housewife, and Dave Foley is their teenager? There going on a trip, and it starts with the wife looking at the stove, and saying: "Number one is off. Number two is off. Number three is off..." We've been joking about that for years.

From the same skit: "A crack house? A crack house? That's right, mom, my friends and I got together and made a little crack house to save money for college."

And, "It's okay, we're still on schedule. I pencilled in a family blow-out."

The office girls making fun of the temp are hilarious. Or what about the one told from the point of view of the pet tarantulas?
    Last edited by hepcat; 05-18-2005 at 10:28 PM. Reason: haha, I got my Daves mixed up.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hep, I loved that family! Scott was Fran, Bruce was Gordon and Dave was Brian. My favorite sketch of their was Fran and Gordon in the middle of the night. Gordon complains about Fran's cooking and how she would "salt fish from the dead sea." My favorite line was "I expect a normal ham meal, not, not, VOODOO PORK!!!"

The salty ham, oh yes.

That was an interesting article, thanks for sharing that, Ajane! I haven't heard about LOGO before, I hope it gets added to my cable lineup.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Voodoo pork! I forgot about that one!

That just reminded me of that sketch with the little old lady "Don't kill my bird while I'm gone." For some reason, that one always made me laugh.

Talking about weird moments, what about Scott playing a young man who decides to become an Indian woman!? There he is in his sari, shopping with his friend, another (actual) Indian woman...

One of my all-time favorites is Mark dressed up like the Catholic school girl and she has her boyfriend, played by Kevin - come over while her parents are gone. Does anyone remember that one? The moonlight glinting off her braces? She goes into the bathroom to put on her enormous white nightgown and, when she comes back out, the family Rottweiler has got Kevin pinned on the floor and is going to town on his leg. All I had to do is picture the look on his face and I just lose it.

I seriously need to buy the DVD's. Hepcat - maybe you saw some of the episodes on Comedy Central, rather then on HBO? I remember being surprised when I watched it on CC for the first time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

holy flashbacks!! After this post, I'm off to find the DVDs!

There are four things I still say based on KITH from way back...

1. Every man is a business suit is "Mr. Stevenson" from the business man as a stray (Kevin was the businessman) "Mom, can I keep him? His name is Mr. Stevenson and I'll take really good care of him" sketch

2. "oooo-eeeee walkin' talking Ster-eo-types!!" (the rednecks in the middle of the "Look at the (offensive gay term I'm not sure I can post) running through the forest...running (gay term) running FREEEEE" song that was between skits one night)

3. "If my head were made out of...how much would it weigh" regardless of what ... is

4. "Thirty Helens agree..."

and of course I crush heads whenever I get a chance...

Jamie5632!

I'm having major KITH flashbacks in this thread! Every time someone posts about one sketch, I remember another one that I loved!

I use Gavin's line about the scale all the time too. The other one I say a lot is "It's a fact! as in "The Quen of England doesn't know her ABC's anymore!... Sad, eh? She's old! It's A Fact."

I also quote the "You'll be sorry" guys a lot - remember: "You'll be sorry when we're dead. Betcha.... betcha will...."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I LOVED the Chicken Lady, "Would you like some eggs? Straight out of my body and onto your plate!"

And the 2 club kids. Scott was like this indian club kid Rjah or somehting like that. Good times, good times.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Jeez, I adore(d) this show! I'm sure I have 8 hours worth of it on a tape somewhere and I know I didn't erase that! I used to love doing Buddy Cole poses at the bar back when I smoked! I can still see his facial expression and all of his body language during some of those skits.

I had a terrible crush on

and I clearly think the rest of them are geniuses. I loved the mother played by Scott who kept checking the burners on the stove to make sure they were all turned off before they left the house for an outing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    I LOVED the Chicken Lady, "Would you like some eggs? Straight out of my body and onto your plate!"

I also love the one where she and the bearded lady went to the "adult entertainment" club and she spontaneously combusted upon seeing Rooster Boy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast