+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSI Miami - "Golden Parachute" 9/23

I didn't really get a great feel for the characters...but I did like the story. Overall, it was pretty good.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Um...it was okay...

Certainly better than a lot of the crud on tv lately, but it was NO "real" CSI. Here's the biggest problem I see.
    Jerry Bruckheimer. He's a genius and is the exec producer of CSI, but not CSI-Miami.

(he also is the exec producer for The Amazing Race, btw...)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

OK, I just finished watching, and I enjoyed it. My husband didn't want to watch the night it was on because he truly can not stand Carusso!
    The CPR part bugged me too.
    I swear the bullet girl that everyone seems to have developed a dislike for is named CALI! Oh No Maybe I misheard...4 times.
    Talking to the bodies? Hmmmmm.
    Over all I really did like it though
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

agentcarver
    Still prefer Season 1 CSI to anything, though...

Yeah, I think CSI Miami is going to have to work hard to be 1/2 as good. The cast didn't seem to "click" as well as the original cast does.
    We'll see. I'm not giving up on it just yet.

I skipped it. I figured if it's good enough, it'll still be there for repeats.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

agentcarver
    Originally posted by Paulie
    I skipped it. I figured if it's good enough, it'll still be there for repeats.

Smartest thing I've heard all day... Can I use it?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Okay, finally got through the show.

First, I was wrong, wrong, wrong... Jerry Bruckheimer is the exec. producer of CSI Miami also.

I thought the storyline was a little intense, but didn't feel a thing for the characters. I also think it was telling that it took me until Friday and 3 different sittings to get through the show (that never happened during CSI-the real one).

I'll give it another shot. My intense dislike of David Caruso isn't going to help too much though
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

They keep showing the commercial talking about "28 million viewers made CSI Miami a hit" (I can't remember the real number)
    I just keep thinking, yeah, but they tuned in out of curiosity! I'll watch again on Monday, but unfortunately the episode seems to heavily deal with Caruso's character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12