+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Who returns!!

Dr Who returns!!

If you spent part of your 1970's childhood hiding behind the sofa around teatime on a Saturday it can only mean one thing ........Dr Who!!

Well, it has returned and is a BIG hit in Britain with young and old alike!

It's been reinvented for the 21st century of course but the essential elements remain, Tardis, Daleks, theme tune, scary aliens etc

AND it's really well written and acted.

Christopher Eccleston is The Doctor and Billie Piper is Rose, his assistant.

My nephews love it, one minute finding it scary and the next impersonating a Dalek!! Makes a welcome change from Star Wars!!

It's certain to be sold worldwide, so check it out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Awww, that's great! When my kids were 7 and 9 we were in England for a year... they loved Dr. Who.

FORT Newbie
    I started watching it because my boyfriend loves it, but now I am hopelessly addicted and I even watch it when he isn't home yet!

They've started showing this in Canada already and I think it's doing well in the ratings.
    I love Christopher Ecclestone, can't stand Billie Piper.
    I heard that Ecclestone only intends to play The Doctor for one season though, which is a shame.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    They've started showing this in Canada already and I think it's doing well in the ratings.
    I love Christopher Ecclestone, can't stand Billie Piper.
    I heard that Ecclestone only intends to play The Doctor for one season though, which is a shame.
    Well, that would be in the tradition of Dr.Who... the turnover in actors I mean.

They usually stay on for more than one season though.
    Ecclestone has apparently said that he doesn't want to risk being typecast.

Wow, really? That's awesome!! I hope it makes its way to the states. Without being redone by some lame American cast.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I just finished watching the first 6 episodes. I'm loving it. Russell T. Davies has done a great job with it. the production values are good (significantly better than the original) and the stories are well crafted. The question really is if any U.S. commercial channels will show it (Sci-Fi, BBCAmerica, USAnetwork have all been named as possible carriers) or if it will go the route of Doctor Who in the past and wind up on PBS. It is sad that Eccelstone isn't going to do more than one series, He makes a great Doctor. He's human yet weird and eccentric, but without relying on costuming to be so.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, it wouldn't be hard to better the original production values. Altho their campy loving-hands-at-home quality was part of the appeal....

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Well I just watched the last episode (Parting of the Ways) and I all I can say is "Wow"! I'm really gonna miss Chris Eccleston as the Doctor. I loved that the episodes stood alone, yet still had character developement and an over all plot arc. The SciFi really needs to pick this show up for the U.S. Such a Huge Fan, Can't wait for the Christmas series. I sure that we haven't seen the last of Captain Jack.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast