+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dr Who returns!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlast View Post
    Is there any chance Sci-Fi will air the old Dr. Who episodes as well? I haven't seen one in ages.
    I think I saw somewhere that they are showing the old BBC ones. I don't know a ton about this, but it sounds pretty cool...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I enjoyed the premiere so much. I'm glad these have finally made it to the U.S. They were advertising that the first season on DVD (meaning the first season of this new version) would come out in July.

My only gripe with tonight's show was that in the first hour, they had few commercial breaks, and by the end of the second hour, they would show three minutes of show and four minutes of commercials. I timed it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I enjoyed the premiere so much. I'm glad these have finally made it to the U.S. They were advertising that the first season on DVD (meaning the first season of this new version) would come out in July.

My only gripe with tonight's show was that in the first hour, they had few commercial breaks, and by the end of the second hour, they would show three minutes of show and four minutes of commercials. I timed it.
    I finally, just taped it so I could fastforward thru the commercials later. It plot holds up much better without all the breaks. Still have 30 mins to go on the 2nd ep.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    It would be great if Sci Fi also ran the Doctor Who Confidential companion series that gives a behind the scenes look at the series history and redevelopment. It's pretty cool, and will no doubt be on the DVDs.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I love the new Dr. Who!!!!! I hope the next guy (10th doctor?) is good too because I'm really liking this guy.

I love the new Dr. Who!!!!! I hope the next guy (10th doctor?) is good too because I'm really liking this guy.
    I like Nine too. He seems to have the same sardonic sense of humor as the Doctors I grew up with, so it was easy for me to accept him in the role. I've seen comments that say that Ten is also extremely likeable and true to character, if a bit edgier than previous incarnations. Please oh please let the Sci Fi channel also pick up the upcoming BBC Season!

Eccleston was GREAT, and I was really upset that he was being replaced after one season. I thought he was THE best Doctor yet.

That is, until I watched the David Tennant run. Remarkable. Bloody brilliant! Maybe the storylines were a bit better (The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit are among the best sci-fi episodes ever produced), but I think David Tennant nailed the Doctor even better than Eccleston. Can't wait until the next season starts on Christmas Day!

season 2 - Dr Who - 9/29/06

Well for all its faults, such as cancelling Farscape in its 4th season instead of letting it finish in the 5th and cancelling Stargate: STG1 when it is obvious that it still have 2 or 3 more seasons to go, the SCI FI channel is sometimes nice to its fans and showed us 2.5 hours of Dr Who. We got the Christmas Special and the 1st episode of season 2.

Still sometimes I don't like the Doctor's sanctomous attitude toward the prime minister at the end to the Christmas Special. She made a hard decision, I understand why she did it and here is the Doctor, the being who always praises the human race cruicifying someone whose job it is to protect it. The PM was right he is not always going to be there to save the human race and we have to start protecting ourselves.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

^^^The best is yet to come!! The next episode, "Tooth and Claw" is fantastic, a solid "A", and the 2-parter "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit" are stellar, easily A+. The rest of the Tenant 1st series is B+ to A. Incredible.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    While the Impossible Planet/Satan Pit are my fav's of the series, The Girl in the Fireplace is also an extremely good episode.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123